Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239388 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #450 on: April 07, 2019, 01:17:47 AM »
Snip
He does not know if the window next to the front door, and that gave access to the children's bedroom, was locked, given that he assumed that the outside blinds could not be opened from the outside.

... the window was also open on one side, the external blinds almost fully raised, the curtains drawn back ...

----- Then he closed the external blinds, made his way to the outside and tried to open them, which he managed to do, much to his surprise given that he thought that that was only possible from the inside.  G McCann 10/05/2007
https://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Sceptics believe that the crime scene was 'staged'.
They've never come up with an explanation as to why having carefully opened the window and raised the shutter to 'simulate' an abduction ... this 'master criminal' went to the bother of destroying the 'set up' by closing the shutter before the police could see it.

Whether or not there was an abduction you have to ask why he did that ? This concerned parent who knew it was an abduction from the get go, or so we’re told, decided to tamper with the shutters he believed had been used by the abductor and by doing so risked contaminating any evidence that had been deposited there. What did he hope to achieve by messing with the shutters ? Did it matter at that point whether they’d been opened from the outside to let someone in or the inside to let someone out ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 01:28:32 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #451 on: April 07, 2019, 07:33:33 AM »
Snip
He does not know if the window next to the front door, and that gave access to the children's bedroom, was locked, given that he assumed that the outside blinds could not be opened from the outside.

... the window was also open on one side, the external blinds almost fully raised, the curtains drawn back ...

----- Then he closed the external blinds, made his way to the outside and tried to open them, which he managed to do, much to his surprise given that he thought that that was only possible from the inside.  G McCann 10/05/2007
https://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Sceptics believe that the crime scene was 'staged'.
They've never come up with an explanation as to why having carefully opened the window and raised the shutter to 'simulate' an abduction ... this 'master criminal' went to the bother of destroying the 'set up' by closing the shutter before the police could see it.

Who says Gerry McCann opened the window and shutter?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2019, 08:11:23 AM »
Is a supposed open window the sole reserve of an alleged abductor?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #453 on: April 07, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »
I thought you believed the McCanns staged an abduction?  Do you think only one of them did while the other had no idea that’s what was going on? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2019, 10:25:16 AM »
I thought you believed the McCanns staged an abduction?  Do you think only one of them did while the other had no idea that’s what was going on?

Beiief is not a word I'm fond of actually. I don't believe anything in the way the McCann supporters do. They're convinced the McCanns are innocent and are highly inlikely to change their miinds. I'm not convinced of their innocence, but neither am I concinced of their guilt. I am undecided. I acknowledge possibilities, I don't 'believe' in them. One of those possibilitues is a staged abduction scene. Another is that it had to be changed due to unforseen circumstances.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2019, 10:47:01 AM »
Beiief is not a word I'm fond of actually. I don't believe anything in the way the McCann supporters do. They're convinced the McCanns are innocent and are highly inlikely to change their miinds. I'm not convinced of their innocence, but neither am I concinced of their guilt. I am undecided. I acknowledge possibilities, I don't 'believe' in them. One of those possibilitues is a staged abduction scene. Another is that it had to be changed due to unforseen circumstances.
As this thread is about sceptics ‘ beliefs perhaps it isn’t the thread for you.  Sitting on the fence allows you to cast doubt about anything and everything without ever having to commit yourself either way ans it is IMO a technique to enable you to wriggle out of any position when the logic of that position is exposed as flawed.  You do it in every discussion whether it’s smoking, Brexit or this case.  You have no firm views on anything, or claim not to, and I find it extremely slippery.  You are not convinced of the McCanns’ guilt?  When have you once tested the “staged abduction and hid the body”  theory critically?  Never on this forum as far as I recall.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »

i think..you need to rethink...the way you think...the whole justice system is based on belief.....people are given life sentences based on belief of the jury...two judges believed cipriano to be guilty..one didnt believe...you have to weigh the evidence and reach a decision...i dont know 100% the mccanns are innocent but i strongly believe they are...how else do you reach any judicial decision without beleif

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2019, 11:12:34 AM »
Quite.  G-Unit believes the McCanns acted oddly, then cites a photo on one ten thousandth of a second in time to illustrate the perceived oddness. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2019, 11:19:15 AM »
i think..you need to rethink...the way you think...the whole justice system is based on belief.....people are given life sentences based on belief of the jury...two judges believed cipriano to be guilty..one didnt believe...you have to weigh the evidence and reach a decision...i dont know 100% the mccanns are innocent but i strongly believe they are...how else do you reach any judicial decision without beleif
It’s an interesting point actually.  If the McCanns were tried on the evidence that we so far have that purports to point to their guilt, would G-Unit have to find them “Not Guilty”?  I guess by her own admission having just declared she isnot convinced of their guilt thst she would have to clear them of involvement.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2019, 11:30:28 AM »

Himself and his wife say he raised the shutter. Evidence suggests it was Kate who opened the window.  The shutter will fall back down if raised so I don't think anybody saw them in a fully raised position. I think Dianne was the first to raise them and got them stuck otherwise why would Kate get her to do it if Gerry had already tried? It does not add up!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:38:54 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »

based on your logic a judicial system would be impossible...every trial would result without any conclusion...no one could be found guilty or not guilty....you have to look at the evidence and make a decision...based on the evidence...and based on the evidence at the moment the mccanns would be found not guilty....and cleared

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2019, 12:44:46 PM »

Here in the UK the courts tend to go on evidence presented,not on 'belief'. However, once the evidence is presented it is up to the judge/ jury to descide who's evidence they believe. Don't forget a lot of real evidence can be a game changer- but for many other reasons cannot be addmissible.

_________________________________________________________________-_______________________

I laughed when I saw VS telling Gunit she shouldn't post on here because she doesn't do what she is told. heehee
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »
Here in the UK the courts tend to go on evidence presented,not on 'belief'. However, once the evidence is presented it is up to the judge/ jury to descide who's evidence they believe. Don't forget a lot of real evidence can be a game changer- but for many other reasons cannot be addmissible.

_________________________________________________________________-_______________________

I laughed when I saw VS telling Gunit she shouldn't post on here because she doesn't do what she is told. heehee

The jury decides who's evidence it believes as you have confirmed... They reach a verdict based on belief..
To look at belief as being worthless is ridiculous... How else can any trial rec a conclusion without a belief based on the evidence

« Reply #463 on: April 07, 2019, 12:57:26 PM »
Whether or not there was an abduction you have to ask why he did that ? This concerned parent who knew it was an abduction from the get go, or so we’re told, decided to tamper with the shutters he believed had been used by the abductor and by doing so risked contaminating any evidence that had been deposited there. What did he hope to achieve by messing with the shutters ? Did it matter at that point whether they’d been opened from the outside to let someone in or the inside to let someone out ?

I think it did matter because, if they claimed the intruder came in via a window it would not be a good look if the bloody shutter didn't open for him/her to 'escape with MBM.

I am of the opinion there is a very good reason why the room was 'searched' by the Tapas and the shutters/window was tested-Allowing contamination of evidence- IF THERE WAS ANY from a stranger.

Perhaps they all panicked about what would happen to them- leaving their children alone everynight-to wine and dine on this 'family' holiday- jail? loss of jobs? children removed to social care in Portugual..

Claiming abduction  from the bed would be a great get -out- of -jail- card-free for them!

It could have  worked...until the seen abductor was found not to be an abductor by UK Police, The time line was moved, and the police in Portugual never believed it, and now  SY are looking at walked and wandered...

This leaves me with two questions...

« Reply #464 on: April 07, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
The jury decides who's evidence it believes as you have confirmed... They reach a verdict based on belief..
To look at belief as being worthless is ridiculous... How else can any trial rec a conclusion without a belief based on the evidence

You didn't mention evidence  you just said belief. no one has been convicted on anything in a courtroom based on someones belief of nothing.

Perhaps you should make your posts clearer.

Based on EVIDENCE, as the PJ have claimed there is NOT ENOUGH evidence to charge the Parents. So how can anyone say they believe them or not if no evidence is offered by the police.

G is quite right to sit on a fence if that is what is being claimed, due to ther being no evidence of abduction from window.

I agree with G on this point.    I rule nothing in or out and anything is possible,unless ruled out.