Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse. Murder or Self Defence?  (Read 11065 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse. Murder or Self Defence?
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2021, 10:48:58 PM »
Yeah, you changed the scenario to the one you initially described.
“If, for example, Arbery had just stabbed a guy, dropped the knife & ran, or raped a woman, someone witnessed this happen then chased & tried to detain him, then he attempts to wrestle for the gun, the shooting could well have been justifiable”. Hence my comment that alleged criminals are not allowed to defend themselves from possile death at the hands of another.

Have you watched the video?

McMichael didn't aim or point at Arbery before Arbery began wrestling for the gun.

You seem to think the presence of a gun is a threat to kill, legally in most circumstance it isn't, until it's pointed at you. With the exception being a gun cannot be carried in some public & private buildings, schools for example.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2021, 10:51:29 PM »

Protesting outside the Rittenhouse trial, carrying the same style gun as Rittenhouse.

Someone should have capped these joggers as they were posing an imminent threat.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2021, 10:59:41 PM »
Have you watched the video?

McMichael didn't aim or point at Arbery before Arbery began wrestling for the gun.

You seem to think the presence of a gun is a threat to kill, legally in most circumstance it isn't, until it's pointed at you. With the exception being a gun cannot be carried in some public & private buildings, schools for example.
For the second time I was referring to your theoretical example.  Why would anyone have a gun in their hand if there wasn’t an implicit (explicit) threat that it will be used if you don’t comply with the gun holder’s wishes?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2021, 11:03:06 PM »
For the second time I was referring to your theoretical example.  Why would anyone have a gun in their hand if there wasn’t an implicit (explicit) threat that it will be used if you don’t comply with the gun holder’s wishes?

Because you can open carry a firearm for self defence, it isn't illegal in many states & isn't considered a threat to kill, until you actually threaten to use the thing.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2021, 11:05:07 PM »
Because you can open carry a firearm for self defence, it isn't illegal in many states & isn't considered a threat to kill, until you actually threaten to use the thing.
If you chase someone unarmed and apprehend them whilst carrying a gun yourself then you are not acting in self defence.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2021, 11:08:07 PM »
If you chase someone unarmed and apprehend them whilst carrying a gun yourself then you are not acting in self defence.

If you don't threaten the person with the gun, you're not committing a firearm offence.

If you chase someone unarmed with your gun pointed at them saying 'stop or I'll blow your f*cking head off', then it gets a bit more complicated.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2021, 11:12:15 PM »
If you don't threaten the person with the gun, you're not committing a firearm offence.

If you chase someone unarmed with your gun pointed at them saying 'stop or I'll blow your f*cking head off', then it gets a bit more complicated.
Carrying a gun in your hand when chasing and apprehending a person may not be a firearm offence in America but I’m not really talking about the law, I’m talking about the reality of the situation .  If I knock on your door tonight and tell you that I have come to perform a citizen’s arrest on you because I believe you are dealing drugs and I show you that I am carrying a gun, then you would rightly perceive that as an implicit or explicit threat, whether I have pointed it at you and verbally threatened to blow your head off or not.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2021, 11:17:00 PM »
[Carrying a gun in your hand when chasing and apprehending a person may not be a firearm offence in America but I’m not really talking about the law, I’m talking about the reality of the situation .  If I knock on your door tonight and tell you that I have come to perform a citizen’s arrest on you because I believe you are dealing drugs and I show you that I am carrying a gun, then you would rightly perceive that as an implicit or explicit threat, whether I have pointed it at you and verbally threatened to blow your head off or not.

Well I am talking about the law.

If Arbery had commited a serious crime & they'd actually witnessed it happen & attempted to make a lawful citizens arrest, & then he wrestled for a gun that he was never legally threatened with, then the McMichaels may well have walked.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »
Well I am talking about the law.

If Arbery had commited a serious crime & they'd actually witnessed it happen & attempted to make a lawful citizens arrest, & then he wrestled for a gun that he was never legally threatened with, then the McMichaels may well have walked.
The law in America is a big fat hairy ass when it comes to guns imo.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2021, 09:05:30 AM »
The law in America is a big fat hairy ass when it comes to guns imo.

The law eventually got it right in the two cases we're discussing though.

But self defense was ok for the black guy, but not the white kid, if you subscribe to liberal media.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »

You also probably wouldn't know if you subscribe to liberal media,

A BLM supporter ploughed a car into a crowd of people following the Rittenhouse verdict.

It was a terrorist attack, but due to the subject being black, targeting white people & how that doesn't suit their narrative, this deliberate attack has been described as an accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBpq_54dI6A&t=19s

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2021, 02:27:51 PM »
You also probably wouldn't know if you subscribe to liberal media,

A BLM supporter ploughed a car into a crowd of people following the Rittenhouse verdict.

It was a terrorist attack, but due to the subject being black, targeting white people & how that doesn't suit their narrative, this deliberate attack has been described as an accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBpq_54dI6A&t=19s
That's because America is a barmy country, that said I've googled this story and the word "accident" and come up with no hits and I couldn't be arsed to watch your (no doubt White Supremacist Propaganda) video - has it been referred to an accident by the Guardian in this country? 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2021, 04:46:59 PM »
That's because America is a barmy country, that said I've googled this story and the word "accident" and come up with no hits and I couldn't be arsed to watch your (no doubt White Supremacist Propaganda) video - has it been referred to an accident by the Guardian in this country?

The Guardian briefly mentioned a tragic incident about 4 days ago, when race & possible motives were unknown, I haven't seen any more recent updates from them, now that it's known he made social media posts about hating white people.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »
The Guardian briefly mentioned a tragic incident about 4 days ago, when race & possible motives were unknown, I haven't seen any more recent updates from them, now that it's known he made social media posts about hating white people.
He looks like a despicable specimen of (in)humanity.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2021, 05:40:26 PM »
And anyway, when have I ever posted white supremacists propaganda?

Just because I'm racist doesn't make me a white supremacist.

I mean, western civilisation gave us the industrial revolution, modern medicine, democracy, freedom, the internal combustion engine, mass production, technology, science & practically everything that allows us the high living standards much of the world enjoy today, & the majority of all that was created by people with white skin doesn't mean white people are superior either.
We're just slightly better, that's all.