Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 281182 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1890 on: June 22, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »
Boris the girlfrend bullier?  Well well, whatever next. I suppose desoarate times call for desperate measures.
This won’t affect the Boris Fan Club in the slightest, in fact they will love him all the more for it.   I sincerely hope he is elected PM, not because I think he will be a good one (quite the opposite) but because unless a Leaver owns Brexit we will never hear the end of it when everything goes tits up.  Which it will IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1891 on: June 22, 2019, 09:34:50 PM »
This won’t affect the Boris Fan Club in the slightest, in fact they will love him all the more for it.   I sincerely hope he is elected PM, not because I think he will be a good one (quite the opposite) but because unless a Leaver owns Brexit we will never hear the end of it when everything goes tits up.  Which it will IMO.

I just wish he could master tucking his shirt in.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1892 on: June 22, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »
I just wish he could master tucking his shirt in.
Hi fat gut precludes this from happening satisfactorily.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1893 on: June 23, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »
Brexit process of getting this delivered has well and truly begun ?

Welcome to the forum, Scott.

Brexit hasn't even been born yet. Seems to be a somewhat difficult pregnancy.

And no, the oft-touted Article 24 won't cover post-natal intensive care.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1894 on: June 23, 2019, 04:28:01 PM »
I wouod love some evidence of this wonderful guesture- I know we pay for people to go abraod for treatments to get waiting lists down- but we have to ask why are the waiting lists growing. Do an FOI and find out.

NHS is free at the point of contact, being free means they do not pay as we must have the same treatments as we live in each country. How many other EU/ EEA/ AND EFTA countries have child benefit/ housing benefit etc.NOT MANY, but I am sure you will provide the stats.

As for the tens of thousands of pounds paid out to suffering individuals who land in the EU and make their way to the Uk either by being dumped on us by some agreement  or invading our country and landing in prison for commiting  various crimes(they don't have passports and they just want to work and be legit..haha ok.) it should please you to know that prisoners get priority treatment over UK citizens.  But don't let those figures scare you- in the millions each year!  ^*&&

Why not just tell it like it is- I just do not understand this hiding information from people.

Why not provide reputable stats or fact-finding sites that back up your assertions yourself?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1895 on: June 24, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »
I knew about Farage, but hadn't quite realised how chummy BoJo is with Bannon...

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1142721905918652416

Offline Carana

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:33:02 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1897 on: June 28, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »
Am I the only one to question why BoJo's supposed quarrel with his girlfriend and his supposed hobby of making model buses might be to cover up  news of Bannon admitting to have edited his resignation speech? Is that the full extent of Bannon pulling JoBo's strings?

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1142721905918652416

Offline Carana

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1899 on: June 28, 2019, 11:52:28 PM »
And as for Corbyn...

https://www.indy100.com/article/jeremy-corbyn-brexit-billboard-led-by-donkeys-campaign-north-islington-8775351
The Times is reporting concerns within the Labour Party about Corbyn’s physical and mental health and there is speculation he will step down later his year.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1900 on: June 29, 2019, 08:44:03 AM »
The Times is reporting concerns within the Labour Party about Corbyn’s physical and mental health and there is speculation he will step down later his year.

Yes, I saw that. Might explain a few things.

Meanwhile, it seems I've missed a few other developments...

Thu 6 Jun 2019 19.55 BST
Last modified on Thu 6 Jun 2019 21.44 BST

UK official in charge of Brexit border plans resigns

Karen Wheeler’s resignation stokes fears the UK will not be ready for a no-deal Brexit by October
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/06/uk-official-in-charge-of-brexit-border-plans-resigns

followed by...

28th June
Brexit: Civil servant in charge of no-deal planning resigns
https://www.thenational.scot/news/17736512.brexit-civil-servant-in-charge-of-no-deal-planning-resigns/

Offline Carana

« Reply #1901 on: June 29, 2019, 09:20:22 AM »
Had a look at Wigmore's Twitter feed...

Andy Wigmore Retweeted
Leave.EU
‏Verified account @LeaveEUOfficial
11h11 hours ago

BREAKING | David Gauke survives his confidence vote. Can't win them all!

🌊 The Blue Wave rides on... Plenty of other petitions going in. We're just getting started! @CCHQPress

They seem to be hell-bent on getting any moderate Conservative Brexiters / remainers "deselected".

Andy Wigmore
‏ @andywigmore
15h15 hours ago

Andy Wigmore Retweeted Robert Buckland QC MP

It’s the 17.4 million who voted for brexit that deserve your support, not some 2 referendum Remoaner. You were elected on a brexit manifesto, which clearly means nothing to you. Time to drain the swamp of career professional politicians like @DavidGauke and you @RobertBuckland

Now where have I heard "drain the swamp" before...? Hmm.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1902 on: June 29, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
I'm no fan of Corbyn, but does anyone find that the NHS would be improved by the "involvement" of US corporations?

The opposition leader was one of many speakers at the rally to portray the future of the National Health Service, one of the UK’s most popular institutions, as a critical issue in future transatlantic relations at the rally.

Woody Johnson, the US ambassador to the UK, insisted on Sunday that access to the service for US corporations would be “on the table” in talks between the US and UK on a post-Brexit trade deal, comments that Mr Trump echoed at a joint press conference with Mrs May shortly after Mr Corbyn spoke.

https://www.ft.com/content/2d8fc2dc-86aa-11e9-97ea-05ac2431f453

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1903 on: June 29, 2019, 09:01:51 PM »
Why not provide reputable stats or fact-finding sites that back up your assertions yourself?

Because I don't need to. I am not hugging the world as a great place - I see it as it is and telll it like it is.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Woody Johnson, the US ambassador to the UK, insisted on Sunday that access to the service for US corporations would be “on the table” in talks between the US and UK on a post-Brexit trade deal, comments that Mr Trump echoed at a joint press conference with Mrs May shortly after Mr Corbyn spoke.

This was on the table back  many years as the EU were mumbling about the NHS.  We were out of sync with the  EU health provisions. everyone was to be the same? all equal?  all rubbish iofcourse.

The biggest heist from the NHS is the data. THAT is the datawarehouse most want their hands on.. which PM will sell out?  The NHS is privitised anyway.  Most 'community services are run by 'charities'. and private companies like Virgin .. oh yes.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Carana

« Reply #1904 on: July 10, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
BBC fact-check on the BoJo-Hunt debate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48931052