Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285069 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1215 on: February 17, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
It's quite simple.... We need entrepreneurs who create jobs for working people... We don't need Romanian Big Issue sellers, who seem to have forced UK citizens out.... And we don't need Albanian gangsters... Posing as Kosovans
Those bloody Romanians coming over here and forcing UK Big Issue sellers out of a job!!  Of course we don’t need or want criminals of any nationality over here, is it your opinion that the majority of EU immigration is made up of Albanian and Romanian gangsters, and what makes you think anything will change post Brexit?  Furthermore, yes we need entrepreneurs who create jobs for working people but does it matter what nationality those entrepreneurs are and should we not expect those that champion Britain and who campaign against freedom of movement to put their money where their mouths are and pay their taxes in the country they hold so dear?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1216 on: February 17, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
It's quite simple.... We need entrepreneurs who create jobs for working people... We don't need Romanian Big Issue sellers, who seem to have forced UK citizens out.... And we don't need Albanian gangsters... Posing as Kosovans

Many entrepreneurs sell overseas as well as to the domestic market, and the relatively hassle-free EU market is just next door.

If the UK leaves with no deal, how will that improve the situation?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1217 on: February 17, 2019, 10:54:26 AM »
I happen to think that Lord Sugar has done an awful lot to stimulate entrepreneurship in the UK.

His view on Brexit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BMRq96sAwk

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1218 on: February 17, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
I think it is, in the same way you get all emosh about the “hypocrites and scoundrels” amongst our MPs.  You can’t have it both ways in this discussion, IMO.

MP's can have any opinion they like about Brexit. What I object to is them acting to stop the people's democratic choice from being implemented.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1219 on: February 17, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
In response, Patel said the EU law should be challenged. "This is about the sustainability of our welfare state and benefits system," she added.

That argument is like saying that I got a £60 parking fine, but at least I didn't pay the 50p meter.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1220 on: February 17, 2019, 11:18:56 AM »
MP's can have any opinion they like about Brexit. What I object to is them acting to stop the people's democratic choice from being implemented.

We're going around in as many circles as the government. LOL

What's democratic about a vote in which people weren't presented with all the consequences? And, in fact, were deliberately lied to? And in which an as yet undefined number of overseas UK citizens were even able to vote, even though they will also be directly affected?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1221 on: February 17, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
You accused them all of a lack of pride and integrity, is that not a slur on their collective characters?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1222 on: February 17, 2019, 11:21:45 AM »
Snipped from the first article.

The Treasury defended the overseas payments, saying that they were obliged under European law, and pointed out that claims could only be made if at least one parent was working in the UK and paying National Insurance."These payments make up less than 0.5% of child benefit awards," added a Treasury spokesman.

In response, Patel said the EU law should be challenged. "This is about the sustainability of our welfare state and benefits system," she added.

Healthcare costs;

https://fullfact.org/health/how-much-does-uk-recover-health-costs-eu/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1223 on: February 17, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
Healthcare costs;

Isn’t that because of the large number of OAP Brits in Europe by comparison to older EU nationals in the UK?  Also, accrding to the link because of the inefficient NHS failing to recover all monies it is due from the EU.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:30:03 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1224 on: February 17, 2019, 11:33:24 AM »
In 2015:
The founder of chemicals giant Ineos said: "I think the UK would be perfectly successful as a standalone country, part of the European marketplace like Norway and Switzerland but without the expensive EU bureaucracy.
So Norway-style was acceptable then, but appears no longer to be so, why is that?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1225 on: February 17, 2019, 11:34:05 AM »
Many entrepreneurs sell overseas as well as to the domestic market, and the relatively hassle-free EU market is just next door.

If the UK leaves with no deal, how will that improve the situation?
It all depends on how beneficial the UKs continued membership is... Has that question really been answered

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1226 on: February 17, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
So Sir Jim is one of those Brexit supporters who doesn’t believe no deal is better than a bad deal
“Chemicals giant INEOS has backed the Government's proposed EU withdrawal agreement - and warned a no-deal Brexit would involve "significant risk" to its business”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1227 on: February 17, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »
Healthcare costs;

I'd love to put my hands on an article about this, but it would take me ages to find it.

From memory, the issue was about recuperating the money from various countries. The UK apparently isn't quite up to date on making the system function. It works elsewhere, so what's the problem? A lack of investment?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1228 on: February 17, 2019, 11:51:38 AM »
So Sir Jim is one of those Brexit supporters who doesn’t believe no deal is better than a bad deal
“Chemicals giant INEOS has backed the Government's proposed EU withdrawal agreement - and warned a no-deal Brexit would involve "significant risk" to its business”.

I find it an amazing coincidence how many prominent Brexiteers have connections to Trump and the US mega industries.

Can't possibly think why...

It couldn't possibly be about the standards that the UK would have to lower, surely?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1229 on: February 17, 2019, 11:57:59 AM »
A big issue at the moment is whether the NHS should be privatised (outsourced to US corporations being one possibility, apparently) and whether the cap on the price that the NHS can / is willing to pay for medication and supplies should be lifted.

Anyone who's followed what's been going on in the US re health care should know, and those who haven't should be paying atttention... IMO.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:00:10 PM by Carana »