Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285069 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1575 on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:49 PM »
The Financial Services sector makes up 6.5% of the UK's total economic output. Why is it of sych interest to some?Perhaps because of it's London connection where 50% of the sector is based.
https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN06193

Don't ignore the very sound teachings of Mr Micawber
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:58:36 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1576 on: March 21, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »
Will this be the most successful (in terms of signatories);HoC petition of all time?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

It certainly seems to be outperforming this one

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:22:46 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1577 on: March 21, 2019, 07:11:35 PM »
The links don't work for me.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1578 on: March 21, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
They do for me.  The first is a link to a Revoke Article 50 petition that has just gone past thr 1.3m signatures and is growing by thousands a minute, the other is for a no deal Brexit which as approx 1 million fewer signatures.

PS: the website appears to have crashed under the weight of visitors. Try agsin later  8(0(*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:25:26 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1579 on: March 21, 2019, 08:48:44 PM »
100,000 new signatures since I last posted...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1580 on: March 21, 2019, 09:31:10 PM »
nearly 1.7 million now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:35:47 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1581 on: March 21, 2019, 10:16:55 PM »
200,000 more signatures in 45 minutes.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1582 on: March 21, 2019, 10:28:24 PM »
Crashing out of the EU delayed until 12th April!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1583 on: March 21, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »

Does for me and duly signed.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1584 on: March 21, 2019, 11:44:14 PM »
I haven’t signed it as despite the fact that I think Brexit is a Very Bad Idea Indeed I think it has to happen come what May (scuse the pun) otherwise we’ll never hear the end of it.  Off the cliff we must go, and let’s just pray that Nigel and Jacob and Boris and Andrea were right and us democracy hating, metropolitan elitist Remoaners were wrong and that everything will be beautiful when we TBC .

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1585 on: March 21, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »
I haven’t signed it as despite the fact that I think Brexit is a Very Bad Idea Indeed I think it has to happen come what May (scuse the pun) otherwise we’ll never hear the end of it.  Off the cliff we must go, and let’s just pray that Nigel and Jacob and Boris and Andrea were right and us democracy hating, metropolitan elitist Remoaners were wrong and that everything will be beautiful when we TBC .

Sorry but those names you have mentioned were very much part of my reasoning to vote to remain.
A ghastly shower in my opinion.

Yes, hopefully all will be as swimmingly wonderful as they predicted.

And the TBC will extend to  Scotland.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:56:45 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1586 on: March 22, 2019, 01:26:10 AM »
Does for me and duly signed.
I've signed it too.

If there ever had been any sort of valid case for brexit how on earth could the British Government have made such an arrogant botch up of the negotiations for leaving?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1587 on: March 22, 2019, 01:36:32 AM »

As I watch things unravel around us I think we have a duty to the generations coming behind us to do what we can to extricate ourselves from this mess.

It was one thing for the Tories to split their party in two over Europe ... it is an entirely different issue to wreck the nation as part of their internecine squabble.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1588 on: March 22, 2019, 07:24:27 AM »
Close to 2.5 million signatures now.,,

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1589 on: March 22, 2019, 08:24:54 AM »
Crashing out of the EU delayed until 12th April!

There is a deal on the table which both Theresa May and the EU say is the only deal there is.  Our MP's have refused to accept it but have failed to offer an alternative they would accept. Unless and until they do that the stalemate will continue.

Revoking Article 50 may appeal to some as a practical solution but in my opinion that would make a mockery of democracy. A vote is a vote and a result is a result. If the House of Commons can accept a decision passed by a majority of four they cannot justify overturning the referendum result.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0