Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285890 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1620 on: March 29, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
A no deal Brexit.  You should be pleased!

I don't think I said that was what I wanted. My argument was for democracy to be respected. It seems others object to it being ignored too. London is full of them and they're getting angry. The politicians are still adamant that they're right and making ridiculous excuses for their behaviour.They should be made to join the police on the sreets to face the peope's anger imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1621 on: March 29, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »
I don't think I said that was what I wanted. My argument was for democracy to be respected. It seems others object to it being ignored too. London is full of them and they're getting angry. The politicians are still adamant that they're right and making ridiculous excuses for their behaviour.They should be made to join the police on the sreets to face the peope's anger imo.
The angry crowd was a small fraction of the numbers seen in London last weekend, protesting against Brexit.  How should democracy be respected? Which version of Brexit respects democracy?  Not May’s deal according to hardline Brexiteers.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1622 on: March 30, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »
May’s going to give it another go in Parliament, fourth time lucky I guess...  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1623 on: March 30, 2019, 08:55:54 AM »
The angry crowd was a small fraction of the numbers seen in London last weekend, protesting against Brexit.  How should democracy be respected? Which version of Brexit respects democracy?  Not May’s deal according to hardline Brexiteers.

Your understanding of democracy seems to be similar to the politician's. It's OK only if you like the result.
Result = happy posting.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1624 on: March 30, 2019, 09:32:56 AM »
Brexit: Vote Leave drops appeal against referendum spending fine
29 March 2019

Vote Leave has dropped its appeal against a £61,000 fine for breaking electoral law over spending limits, the Electoral Commission has said.

The official pro-Brexit campaign for the UK's EU referendum was fined in July for exceeding its £7m spending limit for the vote.

The campaign said at the time the watchdog's findings were "wholly inaccurate" and politically motivated.

It said in a statement it had run out of money to pursue the appeal.

The announcement came as MPs rejected Prime Minister Theresa May's withdrawal agreement on the day the UK had been due to leave the EU.

Vote Leave's Cummings urges new party
Vote Leave fined over 194,154 spam texts
Vote Leave campaign broke electoral law
The Vote Leave campaign, fronted by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, was found by the Electoral Commission to have funnelled £675,315 through pro-Brexit youth group BeLeave, days before the referendum in 2016, which helped ensure it did not breach its £7m spending limit.

The founder of BeLeave, Darren Grimes, was fined £20,000 and referred to the police, along with Vote Leave official David Halsall.

'Serious offences'
Vote Leave bosses say they were given the go-ahead to give the money to BeLeave and they had acted within the rules.

But the Commission found there was "significant evidence of joint working" between Mr Grimes and Vote Leave and that Vote Leave should have declared the spending as its own.

An Electoral Commission spokesman said: "Vote Leave has today withdrawn its appeal and related proceedings against the Electoral Commission's finding of multiple offences under electoral law, committed during the 2016 EU referendum campaign.

"Vote Leave was the designated lead campaigner for the leave outcome at the referendum.

"We found that it broke the electoral rules set out by Parliament to ensure fairness, confidence and legitimacy at an electoral event. Serious offences such as these undermine public confidence in our system and it is vital, therefore, that they are properly investigated and sanctioned.

"We have been advised that Vote Leave has paid its £61,000 fine and look forward to receiving the sum in full."

Vote Leave has been contacted for a response.

In a statement released to the Daily Mirror, the campaign said: "For almost three years, Vote Leave has successfully fought back against numerous allegations and conspiracy theories, spending almost £1m in the process.

"Since July 2018, we have been preparing our appeal against the Electoral Commission's unwarranted and unsubstantiated finding and fines.

"Sadly, we now find ourselves in a position that we do not have the financial resources to carry forward this Appeal, even though we are confident that we would have prevailed on the facts in Court.

"We have therefore regretfully decided to discontinue our appeal."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47755611

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/history_en

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1625 on: March 30, 2019, 11:10:54 AM »
29 March 2019

So if the campaign was illegal, as in electrol law, what does it say for the idea of leaving the EU, does it and could it reverse the vote?

Was parliament waiting on this outcome?

Has this whole episode been a game of smoke and mirrors, to confuse the electorate and cause division?

It was ridiculous going into the idea of a referendum without an answer to the possible outcome of leave,... Who puts forward a proposal without a plan of action to back up said proposal?

The commons are in chaos, the public bemused , the carrot was dangled only for people to realise it was a parsnip instead.

The manipulation of the situation is astounding to watch, with no-one having a clear idea as to what to do next, or rather keeping their cards close to their chests..

The idea of a referendum about leaving the EU, has satisfied those who for decades wanted such a referendum, but I feel in reality it was never going to happen.... They offered up the referendum and now there are many ways to scupper it... whilst they waste billions of pounds in doing so....

Which ever side people fall on, it is sad that we are where we are today, and simple basic issues that our government have ignored has caused anger in the country.... Homelessness and poverty being a major contributor to peoples feelings... 

Looking at a brief history of the EU, we have this period of time...

And it's almost laughable if it was so serious... poverty and people starving in our nation is a frightening reality... food banks, for families and people needing shelter and a roof on their heads, has been ignored by our government, Universal Credit a cruel punishment for poverty and disability in this country....

The EU needs to take note of what our government has done to it's people and how it has cut and cut services over ever aspect of a society , but, nothing happens in that aspect... And there needs to be change...  Whether we are in the EU or we leave

I do not know the answer, like with everything else, I'm exasperated at the idea of the referendum being started in the first place, without the support of an entire political party, who would have and should have taken control of parliament of the day.... Having the majority in parliament and being able to deliver on what the referendum outcome was... that being leave as we would have continued in the same vein if remain had won the referendum.

But we get cross party campaigners trying to deliver a campaign on an important issue of the day, when they have no leverage in which to deliver said outcome...  It was always going to fail...

Manipulating people is the way of politics, and nothing gets done, those who 'have' get more, and those who 'don't' get less..

I agree with most of what you say. I think the difference here is that the attempts to manipulate have been so blatant.
Result = happy posting.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1626 on: March 30, 2019, 11:30:23 AM »
I agree with most of what you say. I think the difference here is that the attempts to manipulate have been so blatant.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1627 on: March 30, 2019, 12:07:23 PM »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1628 on: March 30, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
29 March 2019

So if the campaign was illegal, as in electrol law, what does it say for the idea of leaving the EU, does it and could it reverse the vote?

Was parliament waiting on this outcome?

Has this whole episode been a game of smoke and mirrors, to confuse the electorate and cause division?

It was ridiculous going into the idea of a referendum without an answer to the possible outcome of leave,... Who puts forward a proposal without a plan of action to back up said proposal?

The commons are in chaos, the public bemused , the carrot was dangled only for people to realise it was a parsnip instead.

The manipulation of the situation is astounding to watch, with no-one having a clear idea as to what to do next, or rather keeping their cards close to their chests..

The idea of a referendum about leaving the EU, has satisfied those who for decades wanted such a referendum, but I feel in reality it was never going to happen.... They offered up the referendum and now there are many ways to scupper it... whilst they waste billions of pounds in doing so....

Which ever side people fall on, it is sad that we are where we are today, and simple basic issues that our government have ignored has caused anger in the country.... Homelessness and poverty being a major contributor to peoples feelings... 

Looking at a brief history of the EU, we have this period of time...

And it's almost laughable if it was so serious... poverty and people starving in our nation is a frightening reality... food banks, for families and people needing shelter and a roof on their heads, has been ignored by our government, Universal Credit a cruel punishment for poverty and disability in this country....

The EU needs to take note of what our government has done to it's people and how it has cut and cut services over ever aspect of a society , but, nothing happens in that aspect... And there needs to be change...  Whether we are in the EU or we leave

I do not know the answer, like with everything else, I'm exasperated at the idea of the referendum being started in the first place, without the support of an entire political party, who would have and should have taken control of parliament of the day.... Having the majority in parliament and being able to deliver on what the referendum outcome was... that being leave as we would have continued in the same vein if remain had won the referendum.

But we get cross party campaigners trying to deliver a campaign on an important issue of the day, when they have no leverage in which to deliver said outcome...  It was always going to fail...

Manipulating people is the way of politics, and nothing gets done, those who 'have' get more, and those who 'don't' get less..

Edit.... The indicative vote which is to be held on April Fool's day, only makes me question, is it Parliament having the last laugh, as they once more take the pee out of the voting public... As we become the Guinea Pig for any other nation contemplating leaving the EU...  A process thrown into chaos watched by the world and seen to be an impossible task to achieve..

Will it dissuade, other countries from trying to do the same thing??

8@??)(

What an excellent post.

I question this part "So if the campaign was illegal, as in electrol law, what does it say for the idea of leaving the EU, does it and could it reverse the vote?"

There is no evidence it was illegal,just allegations. and the leave campaign have said they gave up the fight due to rising costs to defend themselves.

Many people have to walk away  from various allegations due to costs to defend themselves.

On other forums where name calling  and nasty snipes are not allowed, just serious debate with a little light hearter banter it is very easy to see the bview of both sides.

There are issues with this whole episode in our nations history.

It was the the Labour Government- Bliar and Campbell who against the will of 3 million marchers, and professional expert advice on the ground who took it upon themselves to slaughter innocent men women and children! in the name of an "war being declared on us by Saddam Hussien.Turns out no war- just milions of people dead, homeless coutryless. Thank you Tone- well done that one. So Teflon tony has a history of not listening to the will of the people- these slime bags think they rule us and lets face it THEY REALLY DO!

Having an open door policy to help the poor and unfortunate became an opportunity for revenge and mass frauds, who crawled in with these poor unfortunates. Using all means, hardened criminals doing unspeakable things to get power and status in the UK. Many in their own country wanted for crimes against humanity. but hey they got large villas in London near the rich set. car and phones were in abundance to help these 'poor' refugees. We woke up to these con men /women too late.  We do not have the infrastructure to accommodate peoles from around the world in such quantities.  Those who complained were called names (The usual way to deflect responsibility or face the argument. rascist, islamophobes,etc)- untill London was bombed by fanatics an'terror' schools were opening up in the name of 'freedom' and cultural recognition. oh yeah!

It was in the face of all this that the indigenous population becan a whispering disgruntlement, which was on the quiet in fear of being jailed for saying something... So what happened  they found a voice in the name of the bloody Nazi party! BNP.

Politicians wer in a flux began the usual name calling to 'scare them off' untill they realised that this was deeper and wider that they first thought.

That is when I became interested in Brexit- I saw the reasons not being addressed and got scared of having the BNP ruling over us. Which will happen if things do not get sorted.

Three things which people wer ecomplaining about
 NHS  refugees regardless if they were or were not were put ahaead of indigenous population
         GP Surgeries were over subscribed- but this made the GPs richer as they get paid per name on register

Housing- a huge issue especially in London.  Housing benefit in the region of 2000 thousand  pounds per month was being paid to  'land lord' for 'nice' houses for the 'refugees' -when this was highlighted it stopped.
Schools- many different languages and culteral observance has caused huge problems in many areas. small community school who had less than 250 pupils had 600 crammed into them leaving locals to find alternative school outside their catchment area.

These are very genuine concerns which should have been addressed.  but all they did was name call. shut up and put up was the answer.

Just as an aside Phoney Toney had his children  claim joint citzen ship as Irish... erm well just in case his war escalated and ther was a call up...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211450/The-young-OBlairs--Former-Prime-Ministers-children-Irish-passports-thanks-grandmother.html

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1629 on: March 30, 2019, 12:23:27 PM »
The referendum was a once in a lifetime opportunity for the UK to make a choice... The presentation of this opportunity was set out to be divisive... There had been for decades many left wing supporters of leaving the EU and having a referendum on the subject...

There argument was never based on boarder controls or race, but the "Leave Campaign", highjacked the reasonable question people may have had about where the EU was heading and what they could do in the future..

Jermey Corbin always wanting to leave the EU (as far as I remember), for political reasons he supports remain.... 

A cross party campaign that appealed to many right wing extremists, which in turn scared away anyone whom might have always looked for a referendum on many different issues... Those whom had all there adult lives waited for this referendum, where put in a position of being seen as racist by voting to leave..  When in reality, it had more to do with other concerns that the EU posed.

Yesterday outside Westminster was shocking.. Tommy Robinson taking centre stage, UKIP flags everywhere, The orange men apparently also taking to the streets, all to show the world, that only racists and intolerant people voted leave..

The media again could do more... So could the houses of parliament... But whilst the nation argues with itself, anyone who may have wanted to leave,, then distances themselves for fear of being portrayed in an unfavourable light, and are just seen as bigoted idiots who haven't a clue about anything...

So the manipulation continues, and we are left with a nation who doesn't know if it's on it's arse or it's elbow..

Indeed!  we are all rascist.. phew!  Aother great post. thank you.

I do agree many poeple not want to stand beside known rascist and trouble makers who are on both sides ofcourse. The BBC are loving it. just like they loved filming the live slaughter of innocents in Iraq  it was shock and awe and wonderful and isn't it great what we can do to others with our not so smart bombs? Just like they filmed Dr Kelly...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline [...]

« Reply #1630 on: March 30, 2019, 12:53:53 PM »
The Complex nature of what leaving the EU meant, should have been explained before a referendum was put forward..

I hate politics, I wish i knew and understood more....  I am wading through deep water aghast at what I see...  I just want the bus to stop so I can get off..!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #1631 on: March 30, 2019, 01:27:28 PM »
Indeed!  we are all rascist.. phew!  Aother great post. thank you.

(Speak for yourself)

Is that the point of this site.... Is that what I have missed....  Now I understand why certain attitudes on certain topics remain.... 

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1632 on: March 30, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »
8@??)(

What an excellent post.

I question this part "So if the campaign was illegal, as in electrol law, what does it say for the idea of leaving the EU, does it and could it reverse the vote?"

There is no evidence it was illegal,just allegations. and the leave campaign have said they gave up the fight due to rising costs to defend themselves.

Many people have to walk away  from various allegations due to costs to defend themselves.

On other forums where name calling  and nasty snipes are not allowed, just serious debate with a little light hearter banter it is very easy to see the bview of both sides.

There are issues with this whole episode in our nations history.

It was the the Labour Government- Bliar and Campbell who against the will of 3 million marchers, and professional expert advice on the ground who took it upon themselves to slaughter innocent men women and children! in the name of an "war being declared on us by Saddam Hussien.Turns out no war- just milions of people dead, homeless coutryless. Thank you Tone- well done that one. So Teflon tony has a history of not listening to the will of the people- these slime bags think they rule us and lets face it THEY REALLY DO!

Having an open door policy to help the poor and unfortunate became an opportunity for revenge and mass frauds, who crawled in with these poor unfortunates. Using all means, hardened criminals doing unspeakable things to get power and status in the UK. Many in their own country wanted for crimes against humanity. but hey they got large villas in London near the rich set. car and phones were in abundance to help these 'poor' refugees. We woke up to these con men /women too late.  We do not have the infrastructure to accommodate peoles from around the world in such quantities.  Those who complained were called names (The usual way to deflect responsibility or face the argument. rascist, islamophobes,etc)- untill London was bombed by fanatics an'terror' schools were opening up in the name of 'freedom' and cultural recognition. oh yeah!

It was in the face of all this that the indigenous population becan a whispering disgruntlement, which was on the quiet in fear of being jailed for saying something... So what happened  they found a voice in the name of the bloody Nazi party! BNP.

Politicians wer in a flux began the usual name calling to 'scare them off' untill they realised that this was deeper and wider that they first thought.

That is when I became interested in Brexit- I saw the reasons not being addressed and got scared of having the BNP ruling over us. Which will happen if things do not get sorted.

Three things which people wer ecomplaining about
 NHS  refugees regardless if they were or were not were put ahaead of indigenous population
         GP Surgeries were over subscribed- but this made the GPs richer as they get paid per name on register

Housing- a huge issue especially in London.  Housing benefit in the region of 2000 thousand  pounds per month was being paid to  'land lord' for 'nice' houses for the 'refugees' -when this was highlighted it stopped.
Schools- many different languages and culteral observance has caused huge problems in many areas. small community school who had less than 250 pupils had 600 crammed into them leaving locals to find alternative school outside their catchment area.

These are very genuine concerns which should have been addressed.  but all they did was name call. shut up and put up was the answer.

Just as an aside Phoney Toney had his children  claim joint citzen ship as Irish... erm well just in case his war escalated and ther was a call up...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211450/The-young-OBlairs--Former-Prime-Ministers-children-Irish-passports-thanks-grandmother.html

Leave has been found guilty and fined, further investigations are ongoing. There was evidence which is why they were fined.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1633 on: March 30, 2019, 06:05:14 PM »
Your understanding of democracy seems to be similar to the politician's. It's OK only if you like the result.
Which part of my post led you to that (flawed) understanding of my position?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1634 on: March 30, 2019, 06:32:47 PM »

I am so very glad that I live in France and don't have to care.