Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285871 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1995 on: August 20, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »
Someone very intelligent said this:

“The Brexit vote is a disaster and the breaking up of the togetherness of Europe is a crime bordering on a sin. I think the more people are together, not separate, the happier they will be”.

Ask the Italians, Germans and the French  citizens (not to touchy feelie goody lefties)who have a daily invasion of  single males who seek 'work'. It is NOT being relayed in the  main stream media for some strange reason.  Looks like NOT all are happy.

Is there much of a difference between an inteligent and very intelligent person?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1996 on: August 20, 2019, 08:46:02 PM »
Ask the Italians, Germans and the French  citizens (not to touchy feelie goody lefties)who have a daily invasion of  single males who seek 'work'. It is NOT being relayed in the  main stream media for some strange reason.  Looks like NOT all are happy.

Is there much of a difference between an inteligent and very intelligent person?
Yes.  One is more intelligent than the other.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1997 on: August 20, 2019, 09:38:44 PM »
Someone very intelligent said this:

“The Brexit vote is a disaster and the breaking up of the togetherness of Europe is a crime bordering on a sin. I think the more people are together, not separate, the happier they will be”.

Yea, I've noticed the 'togetherness' between certain  @)(++(* sections of the UK and Portugal.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1998 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:38 PM »
Yea, I've noticed the 'togetherness' between certain  @)(++(* sections of the UK and Portugal.
Are you saying ths intelligent commentator is wrong?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1999 on: August 21, 2019, 08:09:25 AM »
Are you saying ths intelligent commentator is wrong?

Depends what is meant by togetherness. I've got no problems with any European Country, but I've got no particular connections either.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2000 on: August 21, 2019, 08:17:16 AM »
Depends what is meant by togetherness. I've got no problems with any European Country, but I've got no particular connections either.
There is strength, peace and security in a union, less so when you’re on your own, I think that’s what this particular intelligent commentator means, in any case he is quite adamant that Brexit is just about the worst idea ever.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2001 on: August 21, 2019, 10:26:25 AM »
I don't know about you, but I've lived in the United Kingdom most of my life. I can't say it's been all that peaceful and secure. Three out of the four countries aren't happy with the union in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2002 on: August 21, 2019, 10:36:48 AM »
I don't know about you, but I've lived in the United Kingdom most of my life. I can't say it's been all that peaceful and secure. Three out of the four countries aren't happy with the union in my opinion.
What are you suggesting?  That not only should we leave the EU we should leave the UK as well?  Why stop there?  Why not break it down into self governing counties with their own governments?  I'm sure that would bring peace and security and prosperity.  And if it doesn't we could always go one further and break it down to cities and towns becoming countries in their own right.  And if that doesn't work then perhaps home owners could declare themselves independent, of each other, that's sure to bring peace and security to all.   Who needs "togetherness" after all?  Vastly overrated! 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2003 on: August 21, 2019, 11:48:42 AM »
What are you suggesting?  That not only should we leave the EU we should leave the UK as well?  Why stop there?  Why not break it down into self governing counties with their own governments?  I'm sure that would bring peace and security and prosperity.  And if it doesn't we could always go one further and break it down to cities and towns becoming countries in their own right.  And if that doesn't work then perhaps home owners could declare themselves independent, of each other, that's sure to bring peace and security to all.   Who needs "togetherness" after all?  Vastly overrated!

I'm suggesting nothing, merely observing that unions are not always peaceful and secure. Your intelligent commentator seems to have overlooked that.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2004 on: August 21, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
I'm suggesting nothing, merely observing that unions are not always peaceful and secure. Your intelligent commentator seems to have overlooked that.
The UK has been peaceful and secure since for hundreds of years, notwithstanding the actions of the Luftwaffe and a small minority of violent trouble makers in Ireland, and an even smaller minority in Wales.  I seem to recall that in the last democratic process in Scotland, the people of that country voted to remain part of the union and civil war did not ensue.  This United Kingdom will almost inevitably be destroyed by Brexit however, so hurrah for that, some might say.  Not me, nor the highly intelligent commentator I am referring to, though apparently for the first time in his life he has decided to support the notion of Scottish independence.  Who can blame him really? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2005 on: August 21, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »
The UK has been peaceful and secure since for hundreds of years, notwithstanding the actions of the Luftwaffe and a small minority of violent trouble makers in Ireland, and an even smaller minority in Wales.  I seem to recall that in the last democratic process in Scotland, the people of that country voted to remain part of the union and civil war did not ensue.  This United Kingdom will almost inevitably be destroyed by Brexit however, so hurrah for that, some might say.  Not me, nor the highly intelligent commentator I am referring to, though apparently for the first time in his life he has decided to support the notion of Scottish independence.  Who can blame him really?

Your intelligent commentator, of course, doesn't live in the UK so might just be a little out of touch.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2006 on: August 21, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »
Your intelligent commentator, of course, doesn't live in the UK so might just be a little out of touch.
I think you'll find that he is intelligent enough and has spent enough time in this country over the last 75 years to know EXACTLY what he is talking about.   Also, his view is shared by many similarly intelligent kinfolk.   

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2007 on: August 21, 2019, 01:53:34 PM »
Serious question: do you think England alone will fare better on the world stage than the UK has done as part of the EU?  I know the world stage doesn’t much matter to you, so another question - do you think the English will be a happier, more content people in isolation than as part of the UK and/or the EU?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2008 on: August 21, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »
Serious question: do you think England alone will fare better on the world stage than the UK has done as part of the EU?  I know the world stage doesn’t much matter to you, so another question - do you think the English will be a happier, more content people in isolation than as part of the UK and/or the EU?

My happiness and contentment has never been dependant on such matters. I'm very good at making the best of whatever circumstances I find myself in.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2009 on: August 21, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
My happiness and contentment has never been dependant on such matters. I'm very good at making the best of whatever circumstances I find myself in.
Gosh, you’re terribly self-centred IMO, I didn’t ask about you personally, but never mind I obviously won’t get a sensible answer from you.