Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285071 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2160 on: December 23, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
I think it is a bit more complicated than that.  Why have so many Labour Voters decided to vote Tory?

They want Brexit done.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #2161 on: December 23, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »
They want Brexit done.

Also, they felt that Corbyn is unpatriotic.

Offline Myster

« Reply #2162 on: December 23, 2019, 07:13:24 PM »
Incredible to think he is still Labour leader isn’t it??
You ain't seen nothin' yet... just wait until flat-vowelling Mancunian Mrs. Merton takes over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7rXDYa48w
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2163 on: December 23, 2019, 07:15:10 PM »
Incredible to think he is still Labour leader isn’t it??

I do hope the next labour leader is Jess Phillips, that really would kill the party off IMO

She hates men & can barely string a sentence together.

I wouldn't even rape her....
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2164 on: December 23, 2019, 08:02:38 PM »
You ain't seen nothin' yet... just wait until flat-vowelling Mancunian Mrs. Merton takes over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7rXDYa48w

Rebecca Wrong Daily.  Love it.

Offline John

« Reply #2165 on: December 31, 2019, 11:00:35 PM »
Topic please everyone!

And a very Happy New Year to one and all as we enter a brand new decade.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2166 on: January 03, 2020, 10:36:01 PM »
Faith, can you explain why only one Labour MP has been returned to represent the entire Scottish electorate if he is the champion for the working class and the  public services and the decents days work etc.
Jeremy to blame?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:44:41 PM by John »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2167 on: January 03, 2020, 11:09:18 PM »
Topic please everyone!

And a very Happy New Year to one and all as we enter a brand new decade.

If only.  I'm not holding my breath.  But something good always comes from disasters.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2168 on: January 03, 2020, 11:21:41 PM »
Faith, can you explain why only one Labour MP has been returned to represent the entire Scottish electorate if he is the champion for the working class and the  public services and the decents days work etc.
Jeremy to blame?

I’m afraid you’d have to ask the Scottish voters that question Erngath. However Labour’s dwindling fortunes in Scotland predate Corbyn by quite some years, the biggest loss of seats being in the 2015 election under Ed Miliband when they lost 40 seats. Talking to my friends who still live in Scotland it is Scottish Labour’s performance rather than the national party as a whole that has been the vote loser.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #2169 on: January 03, 2020, 11:26:46 PM »
If only.  I'm not holding my breath.  But something good always comes from disasters.

The pound sterling is bouncing back already as predicted, the only way is up for the UK now!

If things develop the way I think they will, the UK won't be last country to ditch the EU.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:30:42 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2170 on: January 03, 2020, 11:41:41 PM »
I’m afraid you’d have to ask the Scottish voters that question Erngath. However Labour’s dwindling fortunes in Scotland predate Corbyn by quite some years, the biggest loss of seats being in the 2015 election under Ed Miliband when they lost 40 seats. Talking to my friends who still live in Scotland it is Scottish Labour’s performance rather than the national party as a whole that has been the vote loser.

I really don't think so.
My husband is from a very strong Labour support family/ background and there is no doubt that the UK Labour party with or without Jeremy has lost their stronghold in Scotland.
I would never have ever envisaged a time when only one Labour MP would represent the entire Scottish nation at Westminster.
I read today that Monica Lenon ?  now wants to institute a separate Scottish Labour party away from the UK one?
Perhaps a way torward for the Labour party n Scotland?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2171 on: January 03, 2020, 11:45:51 PM »
The pound sterling is bouncing back already as predicted, the only way is up for the UK now!

If things develop the way I think they will, the UK won't be last country to ditch the EU.

France has been very good to me.  Far more kind than Britain ever was.  But then France has always largely ignored The EU.  Such a pity that Britain didn't do the same.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2172 on: January 03, 2020, 11:58:21 PM »

Let’s hope you’re right John.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2173 on: January 04, 2020, 12:05:09 AM »
I really don't think so.
My husband is from a very strong Labour support family/ background and there is no doubt that the UK Labour party with or without Jeremy has lost their stronghold in Scotland.
I would never have ever envisaged a time when only one Labour MP would represent the entire Scottish nation at Westminster.
I read today that Monica Lenon ?  now wants to institute a separate Scottish Labour party away from the UK one?
Perhaps a way torward for the Labour party n Scotland?

I can only comment on the conversations I have had with my friends as I said but I absolutely agree that Labour has lost their historical support in Scotland and tbh without that support it will be hard for the party to regain power in the whole of the U.K. I’d would be interested to know if your husband and his family voted Labour in the last election and if not why not ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2174 on: January 04, 2020, 12:09:03 AM »
France has been very good to me.  Far more kind than Britain ever was.  But then France has always largely ignored The EU.  Such a pity that Britain didn't do the same.

Let’s hope that you don’t suffer in France any of the abhorrent xenophobic behaviour that many of my Eastern European friends have had to endure here in the U.K after we leave.