Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285048 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2250 on: February 01, 2020, 08:11:41 PM »
With the £billions we will now save after leaving the EU I would suggest our institutions and military will be just fine. Free movement within the EU is one thing but immigration from out with the EU is something else and must be controlled. With any luck, gone will be the days very soon when any old immigrant in a row boat can paddle partway across the English Channel and claim asylum.

But wasn’t the immigration you were talking about from inside the EU ? Why would immigration outside of the EU change in any way under another Tory government? There was always quotas. Of course the cuts to the security at ports that we have seen over the last ten years won’t help.

You went to Spain for a better life yet seek to deny others the same chance. Why is that?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #2251 on: February 01, 2020, 08:44:50 PM »
But wasn’t the immigration you were talking about from inside the EU ? Why would immigration outside of the EU change in any way under another Tory government? There was always quotas. Of course the cuts to the security at ports that we have seen over the last ten years won’t help.

You went to Spain for a better life yet seek to deny others the same chance. Why is that?

Current Tory policy is to repatriate non EU immigrants where possible and now that we are no longer in the EU that policy can start to be implemented.

Spain has been destroyed by its membership of the EU, prices have soared, youth unemployment is running at 20℅, property values have tumbled, so it is only a matter of time before they too leave. The UK is leading the way, others will follow, the Euro experiment has failed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:48:53 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2252 on: February 01, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »
Current Tory policy is to repatriate non EU immigrants where possible and now that we are no longer in the EU that policy can start to be implemented.

Spain has been destroyed by its membership of the EU, prices have soared, youth unemployment is running at 20℅, property values have tumbled, so it is only a matter of time before they too leave. The UK is leading the way, others will follow, the Euro experiment has failed.
If that is true then how did being a member of the EU prevent us from doing so at any point in the last 10 years?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2253 on: February 01, 2020, 10:00:37 PM »

Non EU immigrants could always be repatriated...haven’t you heard of the hostile environment?

I noticed you didn’t answer my question...why do you want to deny others a better life when you were given that choice ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2254 on: February 01, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »

Has the Spanish government any culpability in the decline of their economy?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2255 on: February 01, 2020, 10:51:32 PM »
That was the past.
Recent events have altered the opinion of many.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that one of the rallying calls for those who opposed Independence was that Scotland would no longer be in the EU.
Many voted no because we would lose our membership of the EU, including our youngest son who now campaigns for Independence.
I'm sure you can understand the frustration he and his daughter and many others now feel.
Today we leave inspite of our majority vote to stay.
And if Boris continues to smirk at every SNP Westminster politician's speech then he will further increase the frustration of many here!

You have absolutely NO IDEA who voted and why they voted so to pretend you do is a bit silly really.
 THERE WAS NO MANDATE FROM THE SCOTTISH PEOPLE TO ASK FOR  INDY#2 at the GENERAL election.
 none,nada, ziltch  not a one. Talk about making the story fit your agenda...

SNP should be dealing with real issues in this country not wasting bloody time talking about not waving a EU flag fgs.   Your granddaughter is not owed anything by me- tell her to make her own life like me and my family as many others have done! 

Oh and while you and your EU lovers await that great indyref#2  why not read the REAL Lisbon treaty which comes into effect next year? which the Irish people rejected TWICE only to be over ruled by their superiors - the unelected EU commissioners. bless em.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2256 on: February 01, 2020, 11:06:46 PM »

You have absolutely NO IDEA who voted and why they voted so to pretend you do is a bit silly really.
 THERE WAS NO MANDATE FROM THE SCOTTISH PEOPLE TO ASK FOR  INDY#2 at the GENERAL election.
 none,nada, ziltch  not a one. Talk about making the story fit your agenda...

SNP should be dealing with real issues in this country not wasting bloody time talking about not waving a EU flag fgs.   Your granddaughter is not owed anything by me- tell her to make her own life like me and my family as many others have done! 

Oh and while you and your EU lovers await that great indyref#2  why not read the REAL Lisbon treaty which comes into effect next year? which the Irish people rejected TWICE only to be over ruled by their superiors - the unelected EU commissioners. bless em.

Why are you always so irate?

My granddaughter is making her own life.
Passed 8 National Fives last year, all at band A.
Sitting five Highers this year and will continue to study in sixth year.
She is very interested in politics.
She is also articulate, kind, polite, sociable, vegetarian and very pretty.

Scotland voted 62% to remain in the EU.
In the General Election 46 SNP members were elected to the Westminster Parliament.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:10:28 PM by Erngath »

« Reply #2257 on: February 01, 2020, 11:20:33 PM »
Why are you always so irate?

My granddaughter is making her own life.
Passed 8 National Fives last year, all at band A.
Sitting five Highers this year and will continue to study in sixth year.
She is very interested in politics.
She is also articulate, kind, polite, sociable, vegetarian and very pretty.

Scotland voted 62% to remain in the EU.
In the General Election 46 SNP members were elected to the Westminster Parliament.

It should be my family and I.

"In the General Election 46 SNP members were elected to the Westminster Parliament."

and?...

Well, perhaps your very clever, vegetarian, straight A granddaughter who is interested in politics,can work out all by her self that this is NOT a mandate for Independence- or maybe not?

I am never Irate. I have nothing to be irate about. You are reading my posts looking for fault because you dislike me- I get that and laugh it off because you do make me laugh out loud.

She may also be able to work out, all by herself, about the Independence she craves regarding the fiscal problems and location of the EU- passing through English waters and airspace- for imports and exports. logistics and fiscal  just two week words.  Oh and the Lisbon Treaty...once in place her vote will mean NOTHING. All political decisions including laws will be decided by a few un elected  foreigners...bigger and nastier than ole Westminster. I bet you all can't wait.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2258 on: February 01, 2020, 11:28:58 PM »
"In the General Election 46 SNP members were elected to the Westminster Parliament."

and?...

Well, perhaps your very clever, vegetarian, straight A granddaughter who is interested in politics,can work out all by her self that this is NOT a mandate for Independence- or maybe not?

I am never Irate. I have nothing to be irate about. You are reading my posts looking for fault because you dislike me- I get that and laugh it off because you do make me laugh out loud.

She may also be able to work out, all by herself, about the Independence she craves regarding the fiscal problems and location of the EU- passing through English waters and airspace- for imports and exports. logistics and fiscal  just two week words.  Oh and the Lisbon Treaty...once in place her vote will mean NOTHING. All political decisions including laws will be decided by a few un elected  foreigners...bigger and nastier than ole Westminster. I bet you all can't wait.

I don't read your posts looking for fault and why would I dislike you but you do always seem very angry with my posts.
You may not like the idea of  Independence for Scotland but perhaps you may have to.
I hope this post make you laugh out loud.
Wouldn't want to disappoint you.
PS.
I see the largest trade union in Scotland, Unison, is now supporting a second referendum.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:32:57 PM by Erngath »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2259 on: February 01, 2020, 11:39:47 PM »
I don't read your posts looking for fault and why would I dislike you but you do always seem very angry with my posts.
You may not like the idea of  Independence for Scotland but perhaps you may have to.
PS.
I see the largest trade union in Scotland, Unison, is now supporting a second referendum.

I think it’s the inevitable outcome of Cameron’s lies and being ignored by two consecutive Tory governments. Isn't it ironic that the self-proclaimed Conservative And Unionist Party possibly have done more to break Britain asunder since the Union than any other party.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2260 on: February 01, 2020, 11:42:29 PM »
I think it’s the inevitable outcome of Cameron’s lies and being ignored by two consecutive Tory governments. Isn't it ironic that the self-proclaimed Conservative And Unionist Party possibly have done more to break Britain asunder since the Union than any other party.

And Boris continues to press the self destruct Union button.
Long may he continue to do so.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2261 on: February 01, 2020, 11:58:06 PM »
And Boris continues to press the self destruct Union button.
Long may he continue to do so.

Unfortunately a referendum is still in his gift.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2262 on: February 02, 2020, 12:18:41 AM »
Unfortunately a referendum is still in his gift.

Indeed it is.
And the longer he deems not to grant that gift....Is all to the good.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2263 on: February 02, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »
Indeed it is.
And the longer he deems not to grant that gift....Is all to the good.

I do hope that you are right.

« Reply #2264 on: February 02, 2020, 12:39:27 AM »
PS.

I find your ignorance of the EU agenda to be astonishing, I find the blame game on the English to be tiresome. I am asking hard questions about the future my country and you and SOME SNP candidates and voters only want to play point scoring.

Answer the questions- tell me what I am missing -I have a good debating skill I will listen intently, but if all you have is  'bloody tories' and 'bloody boris' and 'bloody English'  then forget it.

It may surprise you that I know of three SNP candidates voted for Brexit AND stay in the union! AND they are afraid to admit it it publicly -as the SNP do not like anyone who disagrees with queen of Scotland sturgeon.

How many Tory seats were lost to SNP in Scotland? How many Labour?