Author Topic: Social Workers under fire over Mikaeel Kular case  (Read 16883 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Social Workers under fire over Mikaeel Kular case
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mikaeel-kular-tragedy-ex-lover-murder-3053040

Mikaeel Kular death: Ex-lover of murder charge mum denies being father of tragic three-year-old

23 Jan 2014 07:23
THE girlfriend of Hamza Naji confirmed his former relationship with Rosdeep Kular - but has denied rumours he was Mikaeel's dad.

Mikaeel's mother Rosdeep was dating Hamza Naji in 2010Mikaeel's mother Rosdeep was dating Hamza Naji in 2010
PA Wire
THE ex-lover of murder charge mum Rosdeep Kular has denied being the dad of tragic Mikaeel.

Hamza Naji dated Kular in 2010 – the same year her son was born.

On Monday, she was charged with murdering Mikaeel, three, and of trying to pervert the course of justice.

Kular’s Facebook page shows numerous pictures of her with Hamza – fuelling speculation that he was Mikaeel’s natural dad.

Hamza’s girlfriend Courtney Morren yesterday confirmed his former relationship with 33-year-old Kular.

But she denied rumours he was the dead boy’s father.

Speaking at her Edinburgh home, the 18-year-old said: “Yes, Hamza was in a relationship with Rosdeep but it started after her son was born and they’d split up long before I met him (Hamza).

“He is definitely not Mikaeel’s dad. He’s never even met Mikaeel, so he can’t really comment about what’s happened.

“Hamza is my boyfriend and we’ve never discussed his previous relationships because they’re in the past – they’re not relevant.

“This has got nothing to do with us.”

Mikaeel and his twin sister Ashika were born on May 7, 2010, but their father is not named on their birth certificates.

Kular has three other children to Nigerian taxi driver Omotoso Adekunle Adekoya, 35, whom she married in Glenrothes in July 2004.

They have two sons – Tarun, nine, and David, seven – and a five-year-old daughter, Renuka.

But the twins’ father’s identity remains a mystery and it is understood he never even met Mikaeel.

Photographs taken in July 2010 show Kular larking around on nights out with Hamaz.

Hamaz, who is understood to be in his early 20s, could not be contacted for comment yesterday.

Courtney insisted: “He doesn’t want to speak about this.”

Mikaeel was reported missing from his bed in Ferry Gait Crescent, Edinburgh, last Thursday morning. His disappearance sparked a huge search, with hundreds of local residents helping police.

Mikaeel’s body was found in woodland behind his aunt’s house in Kirkcaldy just before midnight on Friday.

On Monday, Kular appeared in court charged with her son’s murder and attempting to defeat the ends of justice. She was remanded in custody.

Tomorrow, 1000 people are expected to line the banks of the Firth of Forth in Edinburgh and Fife for a balloon tribute to the little boy.

The memorial has been arranged by friends Hayley Clements and Cara Cameron as a “send-off for a beautiful boy taken too soon”.

Redblossom

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
What is the point of that stupid article?

If they dated in 2010 its impossible she bore her son to him in may 2010

The police have already spoken to the boys father so it is known who he actually is!

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 02:56:19 AM »
Maybe she had a fall out with her family?

I had the weirdest dream last night well nightmare actually. She had a hidden gun from her ex boyfriend in the house and her son found it and was shot. OMG it was so real I woke up in a sweat. It shows you how these cases can effect us doesnt it. Poor little soul.xx

That's awful, columbo. Must have been very distressing.

I agree with davel that something like that could have been involved. She didn't exactly keep company with the cream of society.

However I do think that whatever happened, she must have been at the very centre of it. I'm not sure that anyone else could have been directly involved. She has been charged with defeating the ends of justice which theoretically could mean that she was attempting to protect someone other than herself, but looking at the course of events it looks more like she was covering herself. And no-one else has been charged.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
Her next court appearance is in 4 days. I wonder if the results of the autopsy would be known then?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:21 AM »
Why would she move from a house with a garden to a flat in a bad end of a city?

Good question.

I suspect there was something pushing her away from Fife  ( no pun intended).

Cariad

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
What is the point of that stupid article?

If they dated in 2010 its impossible she bore her son to him in may 2010

The police have already spoken to the boys father so it is known who he actually is!

Seconded. Just nasty, pointless digging that won't help anyone.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
Good question.

I suspect there was something pushing her away from Fife  ( no pun intended).

I thought it was just work related.. she could have got much more work in Edinburgh

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »
I thought it was just work related.. she could have got much more work in Edinburgh

It must have been cramped in that small bungalow in Kirkcaldy what with five small children, she probably wanted her own space and an apartment in Edinburgh was just the ticket.

I must say this though. Both her parents are medical doctors and her father owns a nursing home in Anstruther on the Fife coast.  I find it bizarre that social services had to intervene and foster out Mikaeel for his 'safety'.  I find the entire situation very disturbing, somebody let that little lad down and in a very big way.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:31:40 PM by Mr Moderator »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
It must have been cramped in that small bungalow in Kirkcaldy what with five small children, she probably wanted her own space and an apartment in Edinburgh was just the ticket.

I must say this though. Both her parents are medical doctors and her father owns a nursing home in Anstruther on the Fife coast.  I find it bizarre that social services had to intervene and foster out Mikaeel for his 'safety'.  I find the entire situation very disturbing, somebody let that little lad down and in a very big way.

Just how big was the flat, with no garden?

Sounds to me as though she was more interested in the night life.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »
Just how big was the flat, with no garden?

Sounds to me as though she was more interested in the night life.

Those flats are very small. Council houses were never big and the new builds are even smaller.

The house in Kirkcaldy wasn't enormous but it was certainly much more roomy than the flat.

It seems that the house is owned by her parents and sister. Perhaps she had a falling-out with them over her lifestyle?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »

The foster situation is indeed perplexing and concerning.

And why only Mikaeel? What about his twin? Was there something about her relationship with him in particular that was a source of strain for his mother?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

This is not RK's father. It is her step father. Her own father died at age of 43 when RK was a teenager.
Her mother remarried twice after that and this is her third husband.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »
The foster situation is indeed perplexing and concerning.

And why only Mikaeel? What about his twin? Was there something about her relationship with him in particular that was a source of strain for his mother?

I think both twins were in care and older children were with their dad.

Since the twin's father wasn't involved in their life they went into care. This is my understanding of the situation.

Looking at it now, the older three will probably be again with their dad but the youngest baby Ashika, Mikaeel's twin will be the the one in care again :(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:14:50 PM by VIXTE »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
I think both twins were in care and older children were with their dad.

Since the twin's father wasn't involved in their life they went into care. This is my understanding of the situation.

Looking at it now, the older three will probably be again with their dad but the youngest baby Ashika, Mikaeel's twin will be the the one in care again :(

So this was in Fife?  But the father of the older three was living in Edinburgh, wasn't he?

Very sad about the other little twin. Perhaps his aunt will look after him.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »
So this was in Fife?  But the father of the older three was living in Edinburgh, wasn't he?

Very sad about the other little twin. Perhaps his aunt will look after him.

Yes, the father of the first three kids lives in Edinburgh.

So, maybe it was his request for her to bring the kids closer to him.

Mikaeel's twin is a little girl, not a boy.