Author Topic: When did being critical of immigration suddenly become racism?  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
When did being critical of immigration suddenly become racism?
« on: January 01, 2022, 01:43:53 PM »
One of our noble long-standing members has raised the question of immigration to the UK and is concerned that our sister site on Twitter is perceived as racist.

My own opinion having contributed to the Twitter site is that we are entitled to say what we think about uncontrolled illegal immigration to the UK regardless of whether those seeking asylum status are African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese or from anywhere else in the world. The fact that most of these incomers is a different race to the vast majority of us living in the UK is irrelevant imo.

We welcome all views on this subject.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: When did being critical of immigration suddenly become racism?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 05:25:44 PM »
Don't be shy now...let's hear your opinions

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Senior Editor
    • Justice 4 John Lamberton
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 05:38:44 PM »
One of our noble long-standing members has raised the question of immigration to the UK and is concerned that our sister site on Twitter is perceived as racist.

My own opinion having contributed to the Twitter site is that we are entitled to say what we think about uncontrolled illegal immigration to the UK regardless of whether those seeking asylum status are African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese or from anywhere else in the world. The fact that most of these incomers is a different race to the vast majority of us living in the UK is irrelevant imo.

The simple answer is that it isn't. This is a myth put about by wokies and lefties in London to justify their attempts to fill the UK with this foreign trash.

The vast majority of British people don't want any more immigration to the UK. Having said that however, there is an argument for allowing in those with special skills that we as a society need from time to time.

It has nothing to with racism but then racism has always been promoted as an excuse for everything anti British.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:45:03 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
  • 66 Warnings Since Joining!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 07:30:11 PM »

Thanks for describing me as “noble” - I’m sure you weren’t being remotely sarcastic.  Just to remind you: the post of mine which attracted a warning was something along the lines of”this forum tolerates racism - just look at their twitter feed”.  I stand by what I say.  If you don’t tolerate racism perhaps you can give us an example of the kind of comment you would delete as racist.  For example, if I said that white Europeans were more intelligent and cultured than sub-Saharan Africans would such a comment be tolerated or censored?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 07:56:43 PM »
Thanks for describing me as “noble” - I’m sure you weren’t being remotely sarcastic.  Just to remind you: the post of mine which attracted a warning was something along the lines of”this forum tolerates racism - just look at their twitter feed”.  I stand by what I say.  If you don’t tolerate racism perhaps you can give us an example of the kind of comment you would delete as racist.  For example, if I said that white Europeans were more intelligent and cultured than sub-Saharan Africans would such a comment be tolerated or censored?

Having travelling to several African countries over many years I would have to say that your statement is generally true and see no reason to delete it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 08:20:03 PM »
Having travelling to several African countries over many years I would have to say that your statement is generally true and see no reason to delete it.
Then by the very definition of the word “racism” you tolerate it and I was correct when I wrote what I did, but instead I got a warning.  Nothing more needs to be said.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 08:38:45 PM »
Then by the very definition of the word “racism” you tolerate it and I was correct when I wrote what I did, but instead I got a warning.  Nothing more needs to be said.

There are many differences between white Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and many reasons for those differences. It's only racist if racial characteristics are seen as the reason for the differences.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »
There are many differences between white Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and many reasons for those differences. It's only racist if racial characteristics are seen as the reason for the differences.
you are wrong.

Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to inherited attributes and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.[1][2][3] It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity.[2] Modern variants of racism are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. These views can take the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems in which different races are ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities.[2][4] There have been attempts to legitimize racist beliefs through scientific means, which have been overwhelmingly shown to be unfounded.

Offline G-Unit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 09:15:49 PM »
you are wrong.

Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to inherited attributes and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.[1][2][3] It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity.[2] Modern variants of racism are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. These views can take the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems in which different races are ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities.[2][4] There have been attempts to legitimize racist beliefs through scientific means, which have been overwhelmingly shown to be unfounded.

Isn't that saying what I said? Differences being seen as due to race rather than on other factors?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2022, 09:35:09 PM »

It's not racism to accept that European people have processed beyond the oxen and the mud hut or that their culture doesn't include FGM or witch doctors. I'm afraid some races have not risen much above a subsistence existence which by the way is down to themselves so attempting to equate them with the sophisticated European is a non starter. Nothing to do with racism.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:40:14 PM by John »

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 09:42:29 PM »
you are wrong.

Racism is defined as a prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Pointing out that no two races are equal is not racism.

Not wanting African, Afghan, Iraqi, Chinese or Indian immigrants to swamp our beloved UK is not racism, it is just good sense. We are a small island group with 68 million of a population. Many already live below the poverty line so filling the country with hundreds of thousands of immigrants who have no cultural link whatsoever to us is a no no.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:46:20 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 10:08:29 PM »
Racism is defined as a prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Pointing out that no two races are equal is not racism.

Not wanting African, Afghan, Iraqi, Chinese or Indian immigrants to swamp our beloved UK is not racism, it is just good sense. We are a small island group with 68 million of a population. Many already live below the poverty line so filling the country with hundreds of thousands of immigrants who have no cultural link whatsoever to us is a no no.
So in your opinion people are not equal based on their race?  Well then like it or not that is racism.  You are tolerant of it.  I don’t really care, but I do care about being given a warning for pointing out something which is factually correct.

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 10:21:59 PM »
So in your opinion people are not equal based on their race?  Well then like it or not that is racism.  You are tolerant of it.  I don’t really care, but I do care about being given a warning for pointing out something which is factually correct.

I think you've lost the plot VS.  It's a historical fact that races evolve differently and that includes intellectually and culturally. It is NOT racism to point this out.

For example, below is a chart showing IQs in various countries. Guess which races are at the bottom?

No 74 down

https://wwiqtest.com/iq-compared-by-countries/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 10:30:07 PM by John »

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2022, 10:29:16 PM »
There are still three races which form the world's population, namely, Caucasoid, Negroid and Mongoloid. There are also people from a mix of these races or mixed race. Nothing is going to change that unless we get an alien intervention.

To get back to the topic of this thread, immigration. It is not racist to condemn illegal immigration for the right reasons.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 10:39:27 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2022, 08:07:20 AM »
I think you've lost the plot VS.  It's a historical fact that races evolve differently and that includes intellectually and culturally. It is NOT racism to point this out.

For example, below is a chart showing IQs in various countries. Guess which races are at the bottom?

No 74 down

https://wwiqtest.com/iq-compared-by-countries/

I think you need to refresh yourself with the term “racism”.  Playing the “IQ” card in this kind of debate is a perfect example of racism.  You believe white men have a superior intellect to black men.  That is racism pure and simple.  You would presumably discriminate by race if recruiting someone for a job in a role which requires a highly developed intellect? 

“Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race”
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

By the way John, are you able to discuss this issue without being rude?  Telling me I have “lost the plot” is plain rude.  I shan’t be engaging in any further discussion about this if you continue in this vein.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 08:11:44 AM by Vertigo Swirl »