Author Topic: Feeling safe  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Feeling safe
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
 (ty6e[ Real Justice.  Welcome to the forum.

I think I recall from your posts on Blue that you're quite a footy fan?  I love the beautiful game especially ManU  8(>((  Enjoy watching European footy too: Bundesliga and La Liga.  Oh and of course women's footy which is coming on leaps and bounds with England currently ranked second in FIFA rankings  8(>((   

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Real justice

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 04:02:40 PM »
(ty6e[ Real Justice.  Welcome to the forum.

I think I recall from your posts on Blue that you're quite a footy fan?  I love the beautiful game especially ManU  8(>((  Enjoy watching European footy too: Bundesliga and La Liga.  Oh and of course women's footy which is coming on leaps and bounds with England currently ranked second in FIFA rankings  8(>((   
8@??)(, I always knew you had Excellant taste.  Gutted about Fergie but he seems to be doing ok, glad we’re having a women’s team at Old Trafford next year, I don’t think we’ll be too long at challenging the likes of City, Chelsea and Arsenal Ladies, love to watch England women’s team.  Best player I’ve watched for Utd, very close between Bestie and Cantona for excitement.   *&(+(+

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
8@??)(, I always knew you had Excellant taste.  Gutted about Fergie but he seems to be doing ok, glad we’re having a women’s team at Old Trafford next year, I don’t think we’ll be too long at challenging the likes of City, Chelsea and Arsenal Ladies, love to watch England women’s team.  Best player I’ve watched for Utd, very close between Bestie and Cantona for excitement.   *&(+(+

Thanks for that.  I hadn't realised ManU were looking to establish a women's team  8(>(( I've been following Man City women's team.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Real justice

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »
Thanks for that.  I hadn't realised ManU were looking to establish a women's team  8(>(( I've been following Man City women's team.
Yes Holly, they will have to go in the second tier though.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2018/Mar/manchester-united-applies-to-establish-a-professional-womens-team-in-super-league-tier-2.aspx

City have been outstanding this season, men’s and womens

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 03:31:16 PM »
Yes Holly, they will have to go in the second tier though.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2018/Mar/manchester-united-applies-to-establish-a-professional-womens-team-in-super-league-tier-2.aspx

City have been outstanding this season, men’s and womens

It will be interesting to see how a ManU women's team develop. 

Yes City are untouchable.  Huge difference in goals and points compared with the other top 5 teams.  What do you think the success is down to: investment: players and facilities, management or something else?  I think the wages bill at Utd is slightly higher than Cities.

I guess you'll be supporting LFC, being an English club, in CL final?  But who would you bet on? 

I'm looking forward to world cup even though England are usually disappointing to put it mildly!  It's just good to watch footy  (&^&

Offline Real justice

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »
It will be interesting to see how a ManU women's team develop. 

Yes City are untouchable.  Huge difference in goals and points compared with the other top 5 teams.  What do you think the success is down to: investment: players and facilities, management or something else?  I think the wages bill at Utd is slightly higher than Cities.

I guess you'll be supporting LFC, being an English club, in CL final?  But who would you bet on? 

I'm looking forward to world cup even though England are usually disappointing to put it mildly!  It's just good to watch footy  (&^&
I think City had a plan, they recruited very good behind the scene and now it’s paying off, they have a long way to go to catch Utd though in terms of history don’t you think?  I used to work with a guy who has recently been poached by City, he used to work in the coal mines and when they shut in 1993 he went into football youth development, he did tremendous each club he went to, I know he worked for Moyes for a while and eventually getting snapped up by City.  They look for the best and cost doesn’t come into it.  The guy they bought in from Barcelona Txiki Begiristain, he was instrumental in the way the club changed and better player recruitment.

I love the way Liverpool have played this season, playing like Utd of old, fast attacking football without any fear and will certainly be stronger next season, Klopp is a master but I don’t think he will stay, will certainly be cheering them on, I always do when English reach the final, but I will save a little back for Ronaldo Ha Ha.  Will be very interesting to see the way Utd build the women’s team, they want to build it on the same tradition of the men’s team they say, coming through the ranks, bit hard to start if you haven’t got any structure in place though?  I’m sure they will succeed.  I hope England do well Holly, I’m looking forward to the finals and some decent footie matches.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 06:15:41 PM »
I think City had a plan, they recruited very good behind the scene and now it’s paying off, they have a long way to go to catch Utd though in terms of history don’t you think?  I used to work with a guy who has recently been poached by City, he used to work in the coal mines and when they shut in 1993 he went into football youth development, he did tremendous each club he went to, I know he worked for Moyes for a while and eventually getting snapped up by City.  They look for the best and cost doesn’t come into it.  The guy they bought in from Barcelona Txiki Begiristain, he was instrumental in the way the club changed and better player recruitment.
 8)><(
I love the way Liverpool have played this season, playing like Utd of old, fast attacking football without any fear and will certainly be stronger next season, Klopp is a master but I don’t think he will stay, will certainly be cheering them on, I always do when English reach the final, but I will save a little back for Ronaldo Ha Ha.  Will be very interesting to see the way Utd build the women’s team, they want to build it on the same tradition of the men’s team they say, coming through the ranks, bit hard to start if you haven’t got any structure in place though?  I’m sure they will succeed.  I hope England do well Holly, I’m looking forward to the finals and some decent footie matches.

I'm thinking how successful the class of '92 was  8(>((  Then when these players all reached their sell by date, around the same time, they didn't seem to have other homegrown players coming through to replace them? 

I had a bad feeling about FA cup final which sadly became a reality  8)><(  Anyway Juan Mata I got to see Juan Mata  8**8:/: 8)--))

I have more confidence in Liverpool winning the CL.  They always seem to deliver on the big stage.  Remember the CL final 2005. 

Ronaldo is a football genius but my fave modern player is Messi.   

Offline Real justice

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 09:42:30 PM »
I'm thinking how successful the class of '92 was  8(>((  Then when these players all reached their sell by date, around the same time, they didn't seem to have other homegrown players coming through to replace them? 

I had a bad feeling about FA cup final which sadly became a reality  8)><(  Anyway Juan Mata I got to see Juan Mata  8**8:/: 8)--))

I have more confidence in Liverpool winning the CL.  They always seem to deliver on the big stage.  Remember the CL final 2005. 

Ronaldo is a football genius but my fave modern player is Messi.
Ha Ha, never forget Alan Hanson when he said “you never win anything with kids”  they were the backbone for years to come, they won so much because they loved the club.  I think we still have some good players coming through, nothing like the class of 92, we probably haven’t got the right manager to nurture young talent like Fergie.  That’s no disrespect to Mourinho though.
It was a poor final, I couldn’t see Utd scoring  8()(((@# they went for it in the second half but don’t have the class like City at the moment.  Hope Liverpool do it, anyone else I would be confident that they will do it, Madrid are a different opposition in the Champions League, they haven’t done well domestically this year, the only thing that will appease those fans is the Champions league cup.

Love Juan Mata, even when he played for Chelsea, i don’t think he’s one of Mourinho favourites though?  Hard to choose between Ronaldo and Messi both great players along with Zidane and Ooh aah Cantona.

I see Utd mean Buisness straight away with the women’s football team, it’s rumoured  they have poached Phil Neville’s number two as their manager (CASEY Stoney) She has 130 England caps and skippered team GB at the olympics.

Football is going to take a new direction soon I think Holly, it’s moving more and more to where only the big clubs matter, Fifa is getting in on the action now at club level,  the new Club World Cup is just around the corner, giving more and more money to the bigger clubs I’m afraid. Fifa has seen how much the Champions league generates and they want a slice as well, $25 billion  *%87

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 04:38:36 PM »
Ha Ha, never forget Alan Hanson when he said “you never win anything with kids”  they were the backbone for years to come, they won so much because they loved the club.  I think we still have some good players coming through, nothing like the class of 92, we probably haven’t got the right manager to nurture young talent like Fergie.  That’s no disrespect to Mourinho though.
It was a poor final, I couldn’t see Utd scoring  8()(((@# they went for it in the second half but don’t have the class like City at the moment.  Hope Liverpool do it, anyone else I would be confident that they will do it, Madrid are a different opposition in the Champions League, they haven’t done well domestically this year, the only thing that will appease those fans is the Champions league cup.

Love Juan Mata, even when he played for Chelsea, i don’t think he’s one of Mourinho favourites though?  Hard to choose between Ronaldo and Messi both great players along with Zidane and Ooh aah Cantona.

I see Utd mean Buisness straight away with the women’s football team, it’s rumoured  they have poached Phil Neville’s number two as their manager (CASEY Stoney) She has 130 England caps and skippered team GB at the olympics.

Football is going to take a new direction soon I think Holly, it’s moving more and more to where only the big clubs matter, Fifa is getting in on the action now at club level,  the new Club World Cup is just around the corner, giving more and more money to the bigger clubs I’m afraid. Fifa has seen how much the Champions league generates and they want a slice as well, $25 billion  *%87

An early lapse in concentration/focus resulting in sloppy defending unfortunately was Utds undoing ending  in  8)><( I take some comfort from the fact Utd were arguably the better team second half they just couldn't quite find the all important back of the net!  Anyway the final score suggests it's all to play for next season  8(>(( ?>)()<. I like to think all teams in PL have at least a fighting chance borne out by Leicester's win a couple of seasons ago. 

I only recently learned women's footy in UK was big until end of WW1 when FA deemed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33064421/the-secret-history-of-womens-football

The FA at the time said "the game of football is quite unsuitable for females and ought not to be encouraged". 
 8()(((@#

So the only footy I got to play was with my brother and local boys.  I wasn't a tomboy I just liked all things football including collecting cards in cereal packets and subetteo  8)--))  At school I had a choice of netball or hockey and chose hockey which I thought was closer to footy than netball!

Looking forward to the game this evening over the BBQ and a few beers. 

Hope you enjoy and have a nice bank hol w.e.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »
An early lapse in concentration/focus resulting in sloppy defending unfortunately was Utds undoing ending  in  8)><( I take some comfort from the fact Utd were arguably the better team second half they just couldn't quite find the all important back of the net!  Anyway the final score suggests it's all to play for next season  8(>(( ?>)()<. I like to think all teams in PL have at least a fighting chance borne out by Leicester's win a couple of seasons ago. 

I only recently learned women's footy in UK was big until end of WW1 when FA deemed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33064421/the-secret-history-of-womens-football

The FA at the time said "the game of football is quite unsuitable for females and ought not to be encouraged". 
 8()(((@#

So the only footy I got to play was with my brother and local boys.  I wasn't a tomboy I just liked all things football including collecting cards in cereal packets and subetteo  8)--))  At school I had a choice of netball or hockey and chose hockey which I thought was closer to footy than netball!

Looking forward to the game this evening over the BBQ and a few beers. 

Hope you enjoy and have a nice bank hol w.e.
Well Well, two very costly mistakes and one of the best goals I’ve seen, to be honest when I seen Bale come on I just knew he was going to score.  I thought Liverpool played well and looked dangerous, but Real are a team that is so used to winning when it matters.

All I’ve ever done is play football from a very young age, we lived on a mining village estate and different parts of the estate used to play each other, girls used to play and gave as good as the boys/men, one in particular I was always very weary off, she came from a very large family and was the toughest out of them ha ha.  We often used to joke about it in her local pub later on in life.  I had three other brothers and we would play all the time, my older brother was such a good player we had scouts knocking on the door very regular, Leeds, WBA, Mansfield, Chesterfield he just wasn’t bothered, such a wasted talent and often got reminded about it from the coaches at different clubs,  my best friend scored 9 goals against Sc..thorpe boys on Saltergate, Norwich came and signed him up and he stayed two weeks and came home. They even payed for his parents to go down as well.

You have brought memories back Holly, Subbuteo, we used to have leagues, the pitch had to be put on a chipboard and if you played away you played at the other persons house,, sometimes in the front room with the family watching, we had the flood lights and everything ha ha, No Fudging either, with a referee keeping a close eye on the game. Have a great evening at your BBQ and a nice bank holiday.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 07:29:37 PM »
Well Well, two very costly mistakes and one of the best goals I’ve seen, to be honest when I seen Bale come on I just knew he was going to score.  I thought Liverpool played well and looked dangerous, but Real are a team that is so used to winning when it matters.

All I’ve ever done is play football from a very young age, we lived on a mining village estate and different parts of the estate used to play each other, girls used to play and gave as good as the boys/men, one in particular I was always very weary off, she came from a very large family and was the toughest out of them ha ha.  We often used to joke about it in her local pub later on in life.  I had three other brothers and we would play all the time, my older brother was such a good player we had scouts knocking on the door very regular, Leeds, WBA, Mansfield, Chesterfield he just wasn’t bothered, such a wasted talent and often got reminded about it from the coaches at different clubs,  my best friend scored 9 goals against Sc..thorpe boys on Saltergate, Norwich came and signed him up and he stayed two weeks and came home. They even payed for his parents to go down as well.

You have brought memories back Holly, Subbuteo, we used to have leagues, the pitch had to be put on a chipboard and if you played away you played at the other persons house,, sometimes in the front room with the family watching, we had the flood lights and everything ha ha, No Fudging either, with a referee keeping a close eye on the game. Have a great evening at your BBQ and a nice bank holiday.

What did you make of Sergio Ramos' tackle to Mo Salah?  I don't think it was intentional/foul?  Now the medi team are claiming Loris Karius suffered some sort of blackout/concussion?  Hmmm as much as I wanted an English team to win I think I have to accept Real Madrid were the better team on the night.  Gareth Bale's scissor kick was sublime but I liked the cheeky little tap in too! 

My childhood home was situated in front of a long disputed over field.  It belonged to the house the other side of the field but then became the subject of probate or some sort of family disagreement as to how it should be used so it was just left.  Meantime the children who lived near the field monopolised it and this went on for years.   One half was used as football pitch and the other half was an orchard which we used to build dens and tree houses ruining my bell bottom trousers and getting tangled in my chain belts in the process.  Those were the days  8)-)))

The other game was table football.  I would get so carried away I felt like I wanted to yank the rods from the table  @)(++(*

No mines in my area.  Just barely remember blackouts and my dad lighting candles! 

I think its a friendly tonight Costa Rica V England KO 8pm.  I will have to get out my football anthem cd's.   8)-)))

Offline Real justice

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 10:46:41 PM »
What did you make of Sergio Ramos' tackle to Mo Salah?  I don't think it was intentional/foul?  Now the medi team are claiming Loris Karius suffered some sort of blackout/concussion?  Hmmm as much as I wanted an English team to win I think I have to accept Real Madrid were the better team on the night.  Gareth Bale's scissor kick was sublime but I liked the cheeky little tap in too! 

My childhood home was situated in front of a long disputed over field.  It belonged to the house the other side of the field but then became the subject of probate or some sort of family disagreement as to how it should be used so it was just left.  Meantime the children who lived near the field monopolised it and this went on for years.   One half was used as football pitch and the other half was an orchard which we used to build dens and tree houses ruining my bell bottom trousers and getting tangled in my chain belts in the process.  Those were the days  8)-)))

The other game was table football.  I would get so carried away I felt like I wanted to yank the rods from the table  @)(++(*

No mines in my area.  Just barely remember blackouts and my dad lighting candles! 

I think its a friendly tonight Costa Rica V England KO 8pm.  I will have to get out my football anthem cd's.   8)-)))
Great goal from Rashford, man of the match display to go with it.  He might just have convinced Mourinho he needs more play time next season.  Decent performance all round I thought.

Ramos was heavily linked to Utd two year back, I was hoping we got him, in the end he had no intention and was using his link (as they all do) to Utd for a better contract.  At first I thought it was an intentional foul, but when you look Salah actually starts it and he’s picked the wrong player to get involved with, he’s a master at subtle fouls and follow throughs, great warrior though.  Professionals like him it’s part of the trade, I played with a master as good as Ramos and should have played in the World Cup final 1966 for England, Peter Swan, when he got banned for supposed match fixing, a bet of £100, I played at local level with him, he took one chap (bully) out the game and made it look like he’d been fouled, Poor chap has Alzheimer’s now, he gets me mixed up with my brother when I see him.  What do you think of the link between Alzheimer’s and footballers Holly?   I seen a article and it said at least 300 football heroes diagnosed with it.  Mainly down to the heavy case ball they used to use, especially when it got wet
This is what a reporter said of Swanny

You would not have wanted to be the ball when Swan, among the most statuesque of
old-fashioned centre-halves, headed it.

That is obvious even today as he thrusts his head forward, stares you straight in the eye, and tackles questions in the same forthright manner.

I never cared for the table football to much, I think I used to hurt my wrists too much trying to hit it too hard,  the fields you used to play on when you were younger are very hard to find now days, there isn’t any space for teens to play now.