Author Topic: “ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”  (Read 10107 times)

Offline faithlilly

“ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »
I asked this question on another thread but thought it might be interesting to give it a thread of its own.

When Olegario de Sousa said the McCanns were not suspects back in 2007 he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on. Can members think of any reason why the SY/PJ may not be keeping their powder dry in the same way ?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:07:39 AM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline kizzy

Re: “ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 03:48:40 PM »
I asked this question on another thread but thought it might be interesting to give it a thread of its own.

When Olegario de Sousa said the McCanns were not suspects back in 2007 he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on. Can members think of any reason why the SY/PJ may not be keeping their powder dry in the same way ?

According to Amaral in this video its more about politics - than what happened to maddie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO3euD3Pz14

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:12:28 PM »
Not sure about keeping the powder dry... I think it will have gone off by now

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 05:41:53 PM »

If the McCanns are suspects in your view, have they always been suspects?  If they are the PJ's only suspects why have they not been recalled for further questioning?  What are both police teams waiting for, exactly?  If the McCanns were both forces' only suspects the case would have been shelved again years ago, as they clearly have still not amassed any evidence against them.  Otherwise, what exactly are they waiting for or working on?  Finding a body would prove nothing.  There is no CCTV.  Forensics might never prove anything decisive.  Only a full and frank confession by one or more involved parties.  If anyone had cracked so far then the McCanns would have been hauled in for questioning - have they?  Do you believe they have despite the complete lack of evidence that they have? ALL IMO.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:23:38 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »
"When Olegario de Sousa said the McCanns were not suspects back in 2007 he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on."

Without a cite in support of that sentence in the opening post it is my opinion this thread is untenable.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 07:27:02 PM »
Sousa didn't give anything away even when everyone knew who the new suspects were lol.

McCann was questioned by police for more than 15 hours on Thursday and Friday and left the police station on Friday as her husband, Gerry, entered to be interviewed separately.

“Kate knows it’s possible that she could get arrested,” Justine McGuinness, a spokeswoman for the McCanns, said before the police announcement.

Police would give no name, in accordance with Portuguese secrecy laws, but friends of the McCanns had earlier said Kate McCann was about to become a suspect.

“All I can say is there is another formal suspect,” police spokesman Olegario de Sousa told Reuters. “We always said new suspects or witnesses could come up, so this is nothing unusual.”

https://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-29392520070907
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
"When Olegario de Sousa said the McCanns were not suspects back in 2007 he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on."

Without a cite in support of that sentence in the opening post it is my opinion this thread is untenable.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleine-top-cop-inisists-mccanns-are-victims-not-suspects-6609911.html
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 08:57:45 PM »
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleine-top-cop-inisists-mccanns-are-victims-not-suspects-6609911.html

Disingenuous to say the least ... where exactly does your cite say "he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on"
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
Disingenuous to say the least ... where exactly does your cite say "he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on"

Are you really saying that by the time of this statement everyone involved in the investigation wasn’t aware that the McCanns were ‘in the frame’ ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
Are you really saying that by the time of this statement everyone involved in the investigation wasn’t aware that the McCanns were ‘in the frame’ ?
It depends as to who else was 'in the frame'.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »
Did the McCanns win the case against "Tal & Qual"?

it went bust

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 09:30:15 PM »
it went bust
That is a major victory then IMO.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »

I am saying that you have started a thread for which you are incapable of providing a cite.  Which by my reckoning makes it your opinion and nothing at all to do with the facts this forum expects and demands.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »
the mccanns were made suspects because the uk police sent in two dogs...two dogs who the pj understood had solved 200 cases and never been wrong...dogs who confirmed that a cadaver ahd been in 5a and discovered maddies blood in 5a and the mccanns hire car...based on this evidence the mccanns were made suspects...The archiving report conceded that none of this evidence was eventually confirmed...so there is no evidence against the mccans and they  are not suspects....of course if new evidence came to light that could change,....but does not seem likely
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:38:27 PM by Davel »