Author Topic: Is there any substance to Dave Edgar's alive and living in a lair claim?  (Read 5328 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Is there any substance to Dave Edgar's alive and living in a lair claim?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2018, 09:38:16 AM »
There are theories based on what some people think are evidence.... And often isn't.... According to the Guardian Almeida testified that the main evidence against the mccanns was the dog alerts....do you not realise the significance of the alerts... They are not proof of anything... And not evidence of anything.  .that is not opinion... It's fact

You are entitled to your opinions but do they have to be repeated on every thread? Edgar freely admits he has no evidence so your opinions about Amaral's evidence or lack of it have no bearing on this discussion imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2018, 09:55:27 AM »
You are entitled to your opinions but do they have to be repeated on every thread? Edgar freely admits he has no evidence so your opinions about Amaral's evidence or lack of it have no bearing on this discussion imo.

I think when you accuse people of promoting theories with no evidence and no concern for the parents it's totally relevant
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:59:11 AM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »

I think we would need to know exactly what Edgar said before dismissing him as a crank..... From what I can see in some parts of the article he talks about his theory being possible.... Which is, absolutely  true... If you want to go by the evidence you should realise that a newspaper article may not be reliable

Offline The General

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2018, 10:02:05 AM »
Is “lair”Edgar’s word or the headline writer’s?  Do you have any evidence that Edgar believes Madeleine is living in a cave?

lair1
/lɛː/Submit
noun
a place where a wild animal lives.
"the badgers carried the food back to their lair"
synonyms:   den, burrow, hole, lie, covert, tunnel, dugout, hollow, cave, haunt
"the lair of a large python"
a secret or private place in which a person seeks concealment or seclusion.
"he led the police to the criminals' lair"
synonyms:   hideaway, hiding place, hideout, refuge, sanctuary, haven, cache, shelter, retreat; informalhidey-hole
What do I need evidence of? Either you're accepting cites or you're not now.
By the way, your copy and pasted definition doesn't take in to account that the quote clearly stated 'underground'.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »

Most houses in Brittany have below ground garages and utility rooms.  No one, even a near neighbour would know what goes on in these places.  They all cover the entire ground floor, but they aren't lairs as such.  They are all heated, with running water and a lavatory.

Personally, I think that David Edgar is wrong, but his theory is a possibility.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
Are you accusing Rob of intending to carry out a one sided investigation? You also seem to think that he's on a different 'side' to yours.

I think he's very honest and would never intentionally twist facts or promote myths. I also think he realises that beliefs aren't facts, which makes him more realistic than those who have an unshakeable belief in their own version of events and ignore any evidence which contradicts it.

I think it's quite insulting to suggest he needs monitoring.

Perhaps he'll find Edgar's 'lair'.  @)(++(*

Thanks G-unit.  That talk of the lair reminds me of the other case I investigated, where a lair was possibly involved and I did walk to the entrance to one of these long abandoned mines into the sides of the hills of the Marlborough Sounds.  Antimony mines?/

http://www.theprow.org.nz/yourstory/endeavour-inlet-and-the-antimony-mine/#.XBtvm1UzbX4

That mine entrance looks very dangerous with all those loose rocks around the entrance.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:00:25 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 10:50:51 AM »
I don't see much value in any individual going to investigate... What do they hope to achieve.
I'd just let it happen.  See what happens.  You will be totally amazed by what will happen.

I'd say it could be similar to what happened to the McCanns with their trips to Fatima and Rome, who organised that?  Who got the UK Consul to come to Praia da Luz?  I can't guarantee it that it would be as significant as that, but who knows.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 11:08:30 AM »
I'd just let it happen.  See what happens.  You will be totally amazed by what will happen.

I'd say it could be similar to what happened to the McCanns with their trips to Fatima and Rome, who organised that?  Who got the UK Consul to come to Praia da Luz?  I can't guarantee it that it would be as significant as that, but who knows.

Do you mean the UK ambassador ? A visit by consul would be quite usual, visit by ambassador less so.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
Do you mean the UK ambassador ? A visit by consul would be quite usual, visit by ambassador less so.
The person that turned up on the 4th and spoke to the McCanns on the 5th.  John Buck UK Ambassador.
"British Ambassador to Portugal John Buck speaks to the media the day after Madeleine's disappearance"

Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »

You think The British Embassy  didn't know about The Ciprianos?

Offline jassi

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2018, 11:29:50 AM »
You think The British Embassy  didn't know about The Ciprianos?

I've no idea. Is it relevant?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
The person that turned up on the 4th and spoke to the McCanns on the 5th.  John Buck UK Ambassador.
"British Ambassador to Portugal John Buck speaks to the media the day after Madeleine's disappearance"

I wasn't suggesting that the Ambassador didn't turn out, merely that it was a task more usually carried out by a Consul.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
I've no idea. Is it relevant?

It is very relevant if The British Embassy suspected that Kate McCann could be subjected to the same treatment.  And quite possibly the reason for why she wasn't.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »
I wasn't suggesting that the Ambassador didn't turn out, merely that it was a task more usually carried out by a Consul.
For myself I was trying to lock his name, I've written about him several times but every time I have to look up his name "John Buck" UK Ambassador to Portugal in 2007.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:21:00 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 05:56:40 PM »
What do I need evidence of? Either you're accepting cites or you're not now.
By the way, your copy and pasted definition doesn't take in to account that the quote clearly stated 'underground'.
So what?  The definition points out that “lair” is a word often used to describe a criminal’s hideout, and is not limited to meaning caves where animals live as you suggested previously.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly