Author Topic: Leonor Cipriano released from prison after serving five-sixths of her sentence.  (Read 40273 times)

Offline Carana

It seems that Cipriano was paroled in February last year and has vowed to keeping looking for her daughter. Do any those who believe that Joana is still alive know what steps she has taken in her goal ? Media appeals ? Balloon releasing ? Anything ?

According to CdM, she appears to live with another female inmate, but is seemingly still hounded by the media and shunned by locals.

Hardly suprising as the tabloid media portrayal of her, largely fuelled by the PJ of that era, may well remain achored in people's "recollection" of facts.

Of which there were precious little in the court trials.

To the Supreme Court's credit, there was an exceptional trial in which she was invited to give her own version of events. That went badly wrong, but IMO she was at the very least ill-advised by her legal counsel, who, IMO, was more than just eccentric...

Leandro appears to be trying to probe as to whether Christan B could be involved.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/quiz-madeleine-mccann-suspect-over-22165832

Offline faithlilly

According to CdM, she appears to live with another female inmate, but is seemingly still hounded by the media and shunned by locals.

Hardly suprising as the tabloid media portrayal of her, largely fuelled by the PJ of that era, may well remain achored in people's "recollection" of facts.

Of which there were precious little in the court trials.

To the Supreme Court's credit, there was an exceptional trial in which she was invited to give her own version of events. That went badly wrong, but IMO she was at the very least ill-advised by her legal counsel, who, IMO, was more than just eccentric...

Leandro appears to be trying to probe as to whether Christan B could be involved.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/quiz-madeleine-mccann-suspect-over-22165832

Thank you for that information Carana.

I’m afraid people’s recollections of Leonora are more coloured by the fact that she is a convicted child murderer rather than any portrayal of her in the media. That doesn’t tend to go down well with right-thinking people.

I absolutely agree that she was ill-advised by her counsel but she was also a very dishonest witness all through the process.

Nice to see Leandro still trying to earn a few euros from the disappearance of his daughter.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

The police started collecting every statement they could from family, friends and dozens of other people from the village, including people from the village over where Joana used to live with her family before her mother divorced her father. Speculations about a kidnap were strong, especially since it's in Algarve (where Madeleine disappeared – surprise surprise), and a rumor of a man with a violent history of sexual assault being around the area that day.

I wonder who that man with the violent history of sexual assault was.

Offline jassi

I thought it was considered a paedophile's paradise, so there should be plenty of choice.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

The police started collecting every statement they could from family, friends and dozens of other people from the village, including people from the village over where Joana used to live with her family before her mother divorced her father. Speculations about a kidnap were strong, especially since it's in Algarve (where Madeleine disappeared – surprise surprise), and a rumor of a man with a violent history of sexual assault being around the area that day.

I wonder who that man with the violent history of sexual assault was.

I didn’t think Cipriano and Joana’s father was married.

That little girl had a terrible life.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Lace

I haven't looked at the Joana case much.   Thought I'd have a look and there seems to be confusion about what she was wearing the day she went missing,  was it red shoes or orange flip flops?

Offline sadie

Thank you for that information Carana.

I’m afraid people’s recollections of Leonora are more coloured by the fact that she is a convicted child murderer rather than any portrayal of her in the media. That doesn’t tend to go down well with right-thinking people.

I absolutely agree that she was ill-advised by her counsel but she was also a very dishonest witness all through the process.

Nice to see Leandro still trying to earn a few euros from the disappearance of his daughter.

A good man Leandro.  His work is dirty and he may look rough and ready, but I like him immensely.  His heart is in the right place and he is plucky.

Leandro tried to fight the case afterwards, but was kicked in the stomach by Amaral according to reports.  No I can no longer find it, but it was on the internet at the time.  Maybe others will remember it.  I wonder if he had other threats?

What a nasty comment to make Faith.  I am surprised at you.

And your comments about Leonora, they are base.   The trial was a shining example of INJUSTICE at its WORST

I must admit, saying the things that you have, I can't help wondering what your agenda is ?   
What is your agenda Faith ?

Offline Myster

Probably female, going by the profile name.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline faithlilly

Probably female, going by the profile name.

Well done. With that razor sharp intellect you’ll be in the cabinet by next week.

Offline The General

Could be twins
In a DeVito  / Schwarzenneger way perhaps.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

In a DeVito  / Schwarzenneger way perhaps.

Forget the hair colour eyes and skin just look at the outline of her face and the mouth.