Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413422 times)

stephen25000

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #780 on: November 20, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
You sound a little desperate, Stephen. Starting to realise things might not go the way you hoped? The truth finally sinking in?

Desperate hardly.

The mccanns were desperate to give witness statements, why is that ?    8)-)))

ferryman

« Reply #781 on: November 20, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
Let's be clear that if the McCanns win, this will be one of the bitterest "victories" ever: the McCanns, let down by the very people they were most relying on to uncover the truth of what happened to Madeleine: Madeleine herself let down by erroneous lines of enquiry that distracted the focus from where the focus most needed to be: Madeleine herself and the person or people who took her ...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #782 on: November 20, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »

More to the point, what will happen if there are not enough Sequestered Funds from Amaral to meet any award The Judge decides to make to The McCanns.
A large amount of Amaral's profit from his book had already been spent before The Court got their hands on the remainder.

Lyall

« Reply #783 on: November 20, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
More to the point, what will happen if there are not enough Sequestered Funds from Amaral to meet any award The Judge decides to make to The McCanns.
A large amount of Amaral's profit from his book had already been spent before The Court got their hands on the remainder.

And how do you know that? Duarte famously told the press - on Day 1 of the trial: "We can't find the money!"

Redblossom

« Reply #784 on: November 20, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »
My point was, Amaral's book did harm the search, the Portuguese police stopped looking for the girl.
10 out 10 for trying to twist my words though.

Err, hold your horses mate.....the fact that I read your post in a different way to what you meant doesnot mean I tried to twist anything...I took it you meant the book is not stopping two police forces looking for an abducted Madeleine....so 0/10 for jumping that gun!
And as far as the book stopping the PT police looking....the case was shelved before it.....you dont really  expect police to be out proactively  looking for a missing child forever do you?

stephen25000

« Reply #785 on: November 20, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »

If the judge makes an award you mean Eleanor.

If they lose of course, they will have to pay extensive legal fees.

If Amaral loses.he's probably got nothing to pay with, not forgetting the other defendants involved.

At the moment it looks like judgement will now be made early next year.

stephen25000

« Reply #786 on: November 20, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

The fact you read into my post was what you wanted to read,is really telling, I will be more generious and give you 1 out 10 for jumping the gun.

Scotty, can you briefly remind us of why the PJ stopped looking for Madeleine ?

stephen25000

« Reply #787 on: November 20, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
Read and thou will see,i don't repeat myself.

I already know the answer. 8((()*/

Redblossom

« Reply #788 on: November 20, 2013, 01:03:55 PM »

The fact you read into my post was what you wanted to read,is really telling, I will be more generious and give you 1 out 10 for jumping the gun.

The fact that you did not explain yourself clearly or flesh out your post vis a vis harm of search, history of search, current search is very telling....youcant expect posters to be mind readers.....now can you
 8**8:/:

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #789 on: November 20, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
News
World news
Madeleine Mccann
Disgraced Madeleine McCann detective must reveal how much money he made from book about bungled Maddie probe
20 November 2013 12:00 AM By Andy Lines
A judge ordered Goncalo Amaral to hand over receipts - Gerry and KateMcCann are suing him for £1million over his book The Truth of the Lie
Receipts: Goncalo Amaral who published a book making allegations about Maddie's disappearance
Disgraced former detective Goncalo Amaral was yesterday ordered by a judge in Lisbon to reveal how much cash he made from a book about the bungled Madeleine McCann probe.

Amaral, 56, has 10 days to hand over receipts.

The book’s publishers and the producers of a TV documentary were also instructed to reveal how much they paid him in royalties.

Gerry and Kate, both 45, are suing him for £1million over his book The Truth of the Lie, in which he claimed they covered up their girl’s death in the Algarve in 2007.

He denies defamation.

Jeez this was in The Sun wasnt it or similar.

DISGRACED detective.
BUNGLED MADDIE PROBE.

So this is worse then the Metodo 3, and other detectives who the McCanns used is it?

They spent millions of OUR money using INEPT detectives who were not even trained for missing peoples cases and what did they come UP WITH N.O.T.H.I.N.G.
Oh actually one lot even put the McCanns in the frame lol....and did Efits and their reports were ZAPPED by the McCanns as it pointed to them as being culpable, so are they going to sue them too?

Goncalo Amaral well his book wasnt released until AFTER the girls disappearance was archived and the McCanns were told their status as official suspects or arguidos was being lifted.. So how did his BOOK actually stop anyone from looking for the child?

I actually think that of course the judge wants to know how much he made from the sale of his book doesnt mean anything. ACTUALLY could be the opposite. The McCanns arguement is his BOOK stopped everyone looking because we ALL BOUGHT IT and he made MILLIONS, but the truth be known the book was taken OFF the shelves so really how many were sold and how much of an impact did this have on finding the child.

ZERO because as I just stated the CASE WAS CLOSED ANYWAY so it would hardly matter how many he sold as it didnt stop anyone from looking for her......

Another point too, his book is totally based on the files we can all read them we dont need Amarals book for that. He hasnt said one word in it, which isnt already out there.

HE is entitled to his opinion.

I would hardly think that his book has made much money to be honest, and the judge would need to ascertain just how much of an impact his book would have on peoples thinking. IF the ban was lifted from the sale of his book, then I cant quite see how the McCanns even have a case to be honest as the contents were allowed by an appeal court.

I read the book and it was ok, but it certainly never swayed me in anyway. I have spoken to quite a few people who have never even read it, BUT they all think the parents are culpable....BECAUSE ALL OF THEM READ THE CASE FILES...they didnt need to read any book.....

As to stopping looking for the child, well thats hardly Mr Amarals problem is it, as he was OFF the case anyway, surely it was upto new detectives and team to do that.

So with all the money the McCanns spent on trying to find their daughter using INEPT and inexperienced detectives we are to assume NON OF THIS actually put the child in harms way even to the point of putting out she had a fault in her eye?

She wasnt found.

Even Scotland Yard have been reviewing ALL the files for TWO years and have got no where with this case.

The PJ reopened the case and what did they come up with? So far one dead man.

I think if Goncalo Amaral had been on the case all the time, then wrote a book and the case was still open perhaps then they would have a case, BUT he wrote the book and then it was published AFTER THE CASE WAS CLOSED, so how can anyone accuse him of his book hampering the search, when the search was closed anyway.

I think when you really read about the McCanns inept detectives they should look towards themselves first as I believe that it was more likely they did more damage in the long run, then any book Amaral wrote.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #790 on: November 20, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
And how do you know that? Duarte famously told the press - on Day 1 of the trial: "We can't find the money!"

Some of Amaral's profits and a house were sequestered by The Court at the start of the proceedings.  This is a matter of Court Record.
But it did not amount to the sum total of what Amaral earned from The Book, The Video and The TV Interviews, which is why The Court also sequestered The House.

I don't know how much Amaral spent.  And I don't suppose that there is any legal reason why he should not have done, notwithstanding his other colossal  debts that he made no attempt to pay when he could have done.
But his profit is directly related to The McCann's claim for damages whether he can pay any such damages, or not.

This is why The Judge demanded this information.

Redblossom

« Reply #791 on: November 20, 2013, 01:21:56 PM »
And that colombostogey is another point......a police theory printed in a book would immediately and all on its own brainwash any reader.....and even if it did to any extent influence, the fact of the matter must be that anyone spotting a Maddie lookalike would report it...and in fact this continued to happen...its laughable.....to even suggest that the populations of many countries would be going around months and years later looking out for a missing child....but were stopped by a book! Which was on a sale in a couple countries...vis a vis a global constant year on year media campaign by the family....

Deary.....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:24:00 PM by Redblossom »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #792 on: November 20, 2013, 01:32:17 PM »
And that colombostogey is another point......a police theory printed in a book would immediately and all on its own brainwash any reader.....and even if it did to any extent influence, the fact of the matter must be that anyone spotting a Maddie lookalike would report it...and in fact this continued to happen...its laughable.....to even suggest that the populations of many countries would be going around months and years later looking out for a missing child....but were stopped by a book! Which was on a sale in a couple countries...vis a vis a global constant year on year media campaign by the family....

Deary.....

Actually did the PJ read his book first then shelve the case....NO. They shelved the case then his book was published, so how can it have harmed the search for anyone.

The Internet is FULL of stuff about the case OFFICIAL files, why would anyone need to buy a book about a theory?

We can all make our own minds up....I am surprised the McCanns havent actually tried to sue the MET police and Grimes and the dogs for defamation...pointing the finger at them...its ridiculous.

Redblossom

« Reply #793 on: November 20, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »
Actually did the PJ read his book first then shelve the case....NO. They shelved the case then his book was published, so how can it have harmed the search for anyone.

The Internet is FULL of stuff about the case OFFICIAL files, why would anyone need to buy a book about a theory?

We can all make our own minds up....I am surprised the McCanns havent actually tried to sue the MET police and Grimes and the dogs for defamation...pointing the finger at them...its ridiculous.

Ridiculous is a good word.....dont forget in alot of these cases the plaintiffs and their lawyers greatly exagerrate everything as much as possible, start as high up and you might get half way down......read  this but try and skim over the crappy lying parts

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/27JULY9/MIRROR_12_07_09.htm

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/27JULY9/sundayMiror_12_7_09.jpg

ferryman

« Reply #794 on: November 20, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
Amaral's book harmed the search for Madeleine because it reinforced an uncorroborated assumption that Madeleine is dead.