Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413369 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
I know what Amaral was,and I agree Amaral's personal opinion is just his opinion,no evidence to back him up on the death of the girl.

Oh did he die then?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #811 on: November 20, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

Correct, and regardless to what Annaguedes reports,the case is looking good for the McCanns.
I could say more but I don't wish to spoil it for anyone.

Looking good?   ...in what way shape or form??

The McCanns have summarily failed to bring any evidence to the court which could in any way prove that the search was hampered by the book.  In fact the opposite is true as Mr Amarals book has made Maddie a household name around the globe.  Dead or alive Amaral has most certainly promoted Maddie to a wide audience.  In attempting to ban his book the McCanns effectively scored an own goal.  It wasn't Maddie they were concerned about but their own self righteousness.

Maddie is most probably dead going by all the statistics.  I have never heard of a three year old being abducted for years ever being found alive...have you??
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:53:33 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #812 on: November 20, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »
Looking good?   ...in what way shape or form??

The McCanns have summarily failed to bring any evidence to the court which could in any way prove that the search was hampered by the book.  In fact the opposite is true as Mr Amarals book has made Maddie a household name around the globe.  Dead or alive Amaral has most certainly promoted Maddie to a wide audience.  In attempting to ban his book the McCanns effectively scored an own goal.  It wasn't Maddie they were concerned about but their own self righteousness.

I SO AGREE WITH YOU Angelo.

Well sadly the concern for the WEE child stopped the moment they hit PDL didnt it....and now they have the GALL to blame EVERYONE ELSE....shame on them i say.

They should use ALL their energies to keep their surviving children safe.

Its always an excuse its always SOMEONE ELSES FAULT...never the parents....

if you hold a nice juicy steak in your hands you cant blame the tiger for eating it and the rest of you and you cant blame an abductor for taking advantage of slack parenting...... 8()(((@#

Your children are the most important part of your life, and should be protected at ALL times and blo^dy hell even made worse the mother is a Roman Catholic. Our children are our most precious things in life.......

Yes accidents happen, even with the most diligent of parents, but it is usually because they took their eyes of the ball even for a few seconds.

BY LEAVING their children unattended and in an UNLOCKED ROOM, they made it POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO GO INTO THEIR APARTMENT AND TAKE THE CHILD AWAY....

JEEZ its not rocket science.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #813 on: November 20, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
Why do people always make the wrong assumptions??  Eleanor, the judge couldn't care less dear, it was Isabel Duarte who requested the info on behalf of the McCanns.

Do you have proof that it was Isobel Duarte who requested this information?

Is there any reason for why she should not have done?

And which ever way you look at it, it is The Judge who has to decide on any amount.

CPN

« Reply #814 on: November 20, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
I SO AGREE WITH YOU Angelo.

Well sadly the concern for the WEE child stopped the moment they hit PDL didnt it....and now they have the GALL to blame EVERYONE ELSE....shame on them i say.

They should use ALL their energies to keep their surviving children safe.

Its always an excuse its always SOMEONE ELSES FAULT...never the parents....

if you hold a nice juicy steak in your hands you cant blame the tiger for eating it and the rest of you and you cant blame an abductor for taking advantage of slack parenting...... 8()(((@#

Your children are the most important part of your life, and should be protected at ALL times and blo^dy hell even made worse the mother is a Roman Catholic. Our children are our most precious things in life.......

Yes accidents happen, even with the most diligent of parents, but it is usually because they took their eyes of the ball even for a few seconds.

BY LEAVING their children unattended and in an UNLOCKED ROOM, they made it POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO GO INTO THEIR APARTMENT AND TAKE THE CHILD AWAY....

JEEZ its not rocket science.

It is one of the aspects of this that really gets me - we are constantly being told "they made a mistake so have we all"!....  A mistake is one thing and one usually learns from it not to do whatever it was again.  This was a deliberate and repeated decision, even after knowing that two of the children had been crying for them.  That is not, to my mind, a mistake

Redblossom

« Reply #815 on: November 20, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »
It is one of the aspects of this that really gets me - we are constantly being told "they made a mistake so have we all"!....  A mistake is one thing and one usually learns from it not to do whatever it was again.  This was a deliberate and repeated decision, even after knowing that two of the children had been crying for them.  That is not, to my mind, a mistake

Clarence Mitchell frequently said in interviews they made a mistake on that night....I wonder  if he was referring to them knowing the kids had said theyd been cryng or whether he was spinning that it was only  that night they were left alone.....anyway in context of this discussion I disagree with you colombosstogey...I doubt they thought of abduction danger.....thoigh in this day and age you take no bleeding risks at all with your babies, toddlers, older kids.....not in that way....unsecured vulnerable apartments out of ear and eye shot...quite unbelievable

Think weve gone odf topic again.....bbl

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:18:11 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #816 on: November 20, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
Do you have proof that it was Isobel Duarte who requested this information?

Is there any reason for why she should not have done?

And which ever way you look at it, it is The Judge who has to decide on any amount.

Yes my dear.  Its all in yesterdays report which I believe will be posted shortly.  Isabel Duarte raised the issue... not the judge.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #817 on: November 20, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »

Let's face it they were bloody incompetent parents.

They allowed that child to roam, one of them even suggested she do so.  ffs what idiots!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:21:49 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Montclair

« Reply #818 on: November 20, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
I think what you're missing is that he was a policeman, not a prosecutor. Portugal's judiciary spoke in the documentation that accompanied the shelving of the case. Amaral's personal opinion is just that... opinion.

Yes and the shelving report is also nothing more than opinion and is no more valid than the report of 10 September 2007. As the judge pointed out during this libel hearing, the archiving report is not a judgement or the final word on the case but is evidence. The primary problem is that the investigation was interrupted and many other leads were never followed. Why?

Offline Montclair

« Reply #819 on: November 20, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
Yes my dear.  Its all in yesterdays report which I believe will be posted shortly.  Isabel Duarte raised the issue... not the judge.

Maybe they will also discover all of the royalties Gonçalo Amaral did not receive from the sales of the foreign editions.

CPN

« Reply #820 on: November 20, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
Clarence Mitchell frequently said in interviews they made a mistake on that night....

Interviewers never ask the questions I would like to ask  (Like ONLY that night, Mr Mitchell?)  I realise interviews are arranged beforehand but it leaves them meaningless because points are never followed up or straight-to-the-point questions answered

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #821 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »

Fine.  What's wrong with that?  Obviously The Judge agreed with the request.  But it will be interesting to see the context in which the request was made.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #822 on: November 20, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »
Fine.  What's wrong with that?  Obviously The Judge agreed with the request.  But it will be interesting to see the context in which the request was made.

All the witnesses were dismissed yesterday so they had to spend the morning talking about something.  A monumental fiasco if you ask me and undoubtedly time will tell.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Cariad

« Reply #823 on: November 20, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
I stand by both, (they had stopped looking for the girl) (The PJ are now investigating abduction) (They are no longer investigating Amaral's theory)
So you think that a book which was published after the shelving of the case and before the re-opening of said case, negatively  impacted the search?

Surely if there was a causal link (which I don't think there is) the logical thing would be case closed = book published= case reopened, meaning that it had a positive impact.

What you appear to be arguing is that a book being published after the shelving of the case is having some kind of strange time travelling retroactive effect.

Admittedly it would be wicked cool if that were the case, but unless Dr Amaral has found a stable, transversable wormhole, B can not have an effect on A if A happened first.

Redblossom

« Reply #824 on: November 20, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »
So you think that a book which was published after the shelving of the case and before the re-opening of said case, negatively  impacted the search?

Surely if there was a causal link (which I don't think there is) the logical thing would be case closed = book published= case reopened, meaning that it had a positive impact.

What you appear to be arguing is that a book being published after the shelving of the case is having some kind of strange time travelling retroactive effect.

Admittedly it would be wicked cool if that were the case, but unless Dr Amaral has found a stable, transversable wormhole, B can not have an effect on A if A happened first.

I think youre right and scottys been beamed up himself for a change lol