Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413531 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #855 on: November 20, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »
You say it is a poor argument Redblossom.

Yet look at the people who say the McCann's are guilty.    They mock the sightings.   They believe Amaral.

Do you think they would bother ringing the police if they think they saw Madeleine?

Please dont talk for others you are assuming EVERYONE in Portugal are SHEEP....

Mock the sightings well yes some of them have been bizarre in the extreme....

The problem is for me it was OVERKILL, all the time the media and the McCanns and there little Metodo puppets encouraged to play with their cuddle cats etc made a MOCKERY of the childs disappearance.

The FACT also the McCanns made a decision to put out in the media the childs eye defect would have made the child TOO HOT TO HANDLE, dont you see that?

Also Mrs McCann can hardly think she is alive, when in her own book she talks about torn genitalia.

Please people are not stupid perhaps people who leave children on their own in unlocked apartments night after night are STUPID, but in general the majority of human beings if they thought they saw the child would ring someone regardless of what they read in a book...jeez.....give people a break...

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #856 on: November 20, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
Well that is you isn't it.

The McCann's lawyer said a lot of people are against her in Portugal.   She said she can't talk about the case to many people.

Amaral was a senior police officer,  people looked up to him and admired him.   His book would definitely influence peoples way of thinking.

I think more were scared if him

Cariad

« Reply #857 on: November 20, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »
ROFL....that didnt take long....must be the shortest lived troll to date...not even a half clever one....must learn how to do that glowy posting...obviously scotty is soooo proud of it hehe

What did I miss? Did Scotty blow his top?

Offline Lace

« Reply #858 on: November 20, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
Maybe youre wrongly conflating  two issues.....and to think either of em would have any bearing in NOT reporting information is still silly to me bbl

ISABEL DUARTE: Because everyone believes in Goncalo Amaral. Everyone believes that I am defending a father and a mother that have killed the daughter and got rid of the corpse.

Lyall

« Reply #859 on: November 20, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »

ISABEL DUARTE: Because everyone believes in Goncalo Amaral. Everyone believes that I am defending a father and a mother that have killed the daughter and got rid of the corpse.

She's their lawyer 8)-)))

CPN

« Reply #860 on: November 20, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »
What did I miss? Did Scotty blow his top?

Attend, Cariad, attend!!!

(Yes he did  8(0(* )

Redblossom

« Reply #861 on: November 20, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »

pray tell where did she get the idea from? That the parents killed their child? not Amarals book for sure....here she is in 3d

From 18 mins
Edited
Sometimes I wonder about this lawyer, a lawyer who a) tried to suppress evidence in the original injunction trial and b) who came out with the most ridiculous gaff when she said there is evidence Maddie is alive  because there havebeen sightings.....

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:29:46 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

« Reply #862 on: November 20, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
An interesting video Redblossom.  I wonder if David Cameron and his pal at the former News of the World now being prosecuted for phone tapping have a case to answer?  I wonder will the Rebekah Brooks trial expose more than a bit of phone tapping?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:49:01 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

« Reply #863 on: November 20, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
An interesting video Redblossom.  I wonder if David Cameron and his pal at the former News of the World now being prosecuted for phone tapping have a case to answer?  I wonder will the Rebekah Brooks trial expose more than a bit of phone tapping?

the pair of them are dodgy as sin...giving orders to destroy files, getting rid of laptops and the rest.... just my opinion of course.....thats coulson and brookes, and a bunch of others....cameron? no idea....but it does seem like he acted like a likke poodle to the big poodle
 @)(++(*

I also noticed in that video Redwood said he hoped for closure,, when asked what that meant, was it solving it? He said yes....fast forward two years and he differentiated between closure and solving...saying he hoped for closure though that didnt mean solving the case.......interesting....took him two years to realise hes never gonna solve it....makes you wonder what his idea of bleedin closure means.....

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:08:17 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #864 on: November 20, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »
Resolution Red 8(0(*

Redblossom

« Reply #865 on: November 20, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
Resolution Red 8(0(*

Can you spell that out for us thickos pls?
 @)(++(*

Lyall

« Reply #866 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
Can you spell that out for us thickos pls?
 @)(++(*

8((()*/ That was the word AR used:

I'm hopeful when we pursue those lines of inquiry that we will be able to bring some sort of resolution.

Whether we will be able to solve it is a different issue, but I hope that we will be able to have the ability to move the investigation on.

Lyall

« Reply #867 on: November 20, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
But that was in July.

I'm not sure the confusion of Crimewatch was what he had in mind.

Redblossom

« Reply #868 on: November 20, 2013, 07:48:48 PM »
8((()*/ That was the word AR used:

I'm hopeful when we pursue those lines of inquiry that we will be able to bring some sort of resolution.

Whether we will be able to solve it is a different issue, but I hope that we will be able to have the ability to move the investigation on.

thanks Lyall, I know, but thats different to what he said back in 2011, that resolution meant solving, just wondered why it now is different......

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #869 on: November 21, 2013, 01:04:30 AM »
No it wont. As Amaral has said in the past they wont find Madeleine in any PT court......but of course any monies they make will go straight in the fund to continue the search once SY have given up......you know the 11m quid projected that it will cost SY...if they make no progress....then the Mccanns can hire more PIs.....that might do better than SY and all their previous ones.....and Pj and LP...all clubbed together.....

And where will the McCanns get money from if there's no payout awarded from Amaral?

Who will be the next person they will sue?

Losing against Amaral surely would diminish many of their arguments and make their general legal position much more difficult in the future.

What are we saying?  That because of the high profile nature of the case and the fact that a sometimes negative media is playing a big role, there will always be someone next in line to be sued in order to to top up the fund?

How long would that type of strategy be sustainable?