Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413430 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #915 on: November 24, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »
Oh yes! With pleasure!

Making money out of a missing girl with speculative and unproven theories with intention to get stinky rich because this world has many conspirators with no real  life and who life just these conspiracy theories is disgusting in all moral and ethical ways of life. Especially if you are using your career or ex career as a weapon for it.

'speculative and unproven theories'

Like 'abduction' for example.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #916 on: November 24, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
'speculative and unproven theories'

Like 'abduction' for example.

My thoughts when reading the comment.   8(0(*
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Cariad

« Reply #917 on: November 24, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
Blimey!! Ed Milliband has just chosen Hitchhiker for his book on Desert Island Discs! Spookey!

I always said Red Ed wasn't that bad!  8)-)))

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #918 on: November 24, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Yes, I own them all. Along with the Dirk Gentley's (which I actually prefer) and the Salmon of doubt. I'm a massive comedy science fantasy fan.

That's what I thought.

Ah, the good old days! From what I recall the telly series was actually quite good! Saying that, If I find a DL of it, I'll probably be shocked at how bad it was!

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DrAtCDEgFLpY&sa=U&ei=SgKSUoTQDceqhQeD8oDQAg&ved=0CD4QtwIwBg&sig2=e6O6c8i_OzRf2LxntDigfw&usg=AFQjCNGnT-iM9PjSE2QVz8r3_mM8BYd_6g
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #920 on: November 27, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
Time for the judge to decide as the McCann libel trial continues today in Lisbon.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Montclair

« Reply #921 on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
Time for the judge to decide as the McCann libel trial continues today in Lisbon.

From what I have heard the couple are not in Lisbon, don't know if it is true or not. IIRC, the McCanns must be in court when the judge decides if they can make their statements or not.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #922 on: November 27, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »

This, of course, will go a long way towards telling The Judge what sort of effect Goncalo Amaral's book has had in certain quarters.

stephen25000

« Reply #923 on: November 27, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »
This, of course, will go a long way towards telling The Judge what sort of effect Goncalo Amaral's book has had in certain quarters.

i.e. the often reputed poor behaviour of certain citizens of this country abroad ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #924 on: November 27, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »
i.e. the often reputed poor behaviour of certain citizens of this country abroad ?

What?  The poor behaviour of supporters of the blessed Goncalo Amaral?

stephen25000

« Reply #925 on: November 27, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
What?  The poor behaviour of supporters of the blessed Goncalo Amaral?

Nah, no points on that one.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #926 on: November 27, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »
Nah, no points on that one.

Too true.  The more the better, if you ask me.

Redblossom

« Reply #927 on: November 27, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
Court finished earlier this pm, next session 7 January......and apparently no decision given vis a vis Amaral or Mccanns being witnesses/giving statements

Offline John

« Reply #928 on: November 27, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
As Redblossom has already posted, the Judge has deferred making a decision on whether the parties will be allowed to submit statements to the court until the next hearing which will be on 7th January 2014.

Another witness, Paulo Sargento, was today dismissed and will no longer give evidence to the court.

More later...
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

« Reply #929 on: November 27, 2013, 05:13:34 PM »
As Redblossom has already posted, the Judge has deferred making a decision on whether the parties will be allowed to submit statements to the court until the next hearing which will be on 7th January 2014.

Another witness, Paulo Sargento, was today dismissed and will no longer give evidence to the court.

More later...

Thanks John

So a trial that was originally set  to last three weeks goes into the fifth month !