Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413532 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1110 on: November 29, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
check out amnesty international...the PJ tried to cover up the injuries to Leonor Cipriano by telling a load of lies..its been pointed out to you several times but you continue to try and pretend it didn't happen
I've no time, I confess, to study the amnesty international question, but who informs them, can you tell instead of accusing me to pretend it didn't happen ?

ferryman

« Reply #1111 on: November 29, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
No, Ferryman, GA never covered up the torture of a woman, this is spreading a myth.
I don't know if Ms Tanner is honourable or not, I presume she is, but I'm sure she's not independent.
About her word, I wish she would have been clearer, for her own sake. The formal aspect of her rogatory interview speaks volumes about her state of mind. What one understands is that she thought the carrier was Mr Murat at the van time, but stopped thinking it at the rog time. I admit and understand that a lot of pressure was put on her and that she hardly could provide an untwisted answer.

So you accuse the Portuguese judiciary of lying?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1112 on: November 29, 2013, 11:48:49 PM »
So you accuse the Portuguese judiciary of lying?
Of course not, why should they ?
Ferryman, there's nothing like falling from one's chair to get back to reality.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1113 on: November 30, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »
I've no time, I confess, to study the amnesty international question, but who informs them, can you tell instead of accusing me to pretend it didn't happen ?

This is taken from the amnesty website...2012

Torture and other ill-treatment

In March, the Court of Appeal of Evora confirmed an earlier ruling that Leonor Cipriano had been tortured while in police custody in 2004, but that it could not identify those responsible. Leonor Cipriano had yet to receive compensation from the state. Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral and António Fernandes Nuno Cardoso, senior officials in the judicial police, had been sentenced to 18 months’ and 27 months’ imprisonment respectively, for falsely claiming Leonor Cipriano had fallen down the stairs. However, both sentences were suspended on the grounds that the officers had no previous criminal convictions.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/region/portugal/report-2012
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:27:16 AM by davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1114 on: November 30, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »
Amarals conviction is no myth..

Offline jassi

« Reply #1115 on: November 30, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »
Amarals conviction is no myth..

It might not be, but is it relevant?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1116 on: November 30, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
It might not be, but is it relevant?

of course its relevant...amaral cannot claim the moral high ground as a man of honour...he is a proven liar

Offline jassi

« Reply #1117 on: November 30, 2013, 11:27:03 AM »
of course its relevant...amaral cannot claim the moral high ground as a man of honour...he is a proven liar

Yes, but it doesn't advance the case one iota, does it ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1118 on: November 30, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »
Yes, but it doesn't advance the case one iota, does it ?

This thread is about the libel trial...also if people think amaral is honest and believe his theories then that does affect the case

Offline jassi

« Reply #1119 on: November 30, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
This thread is about the libel trial...also if people think amaral is honest and believe his theories then that does affect the case

People can believe his theories without holding him up as a paragon of virtue.

It doesn't advance the libel case, either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:52:31 AM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1120 on: November 30, 2013, 11:58:26 AM »
People can believe his theories without holding him up as a paragon of virtue.

It doesn't advance the libel case, either.

he is a lot less credible when the truth is known about him...we each have our own opinion

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1121 on: November 30, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »

I don't believe Amaral's theory.

I believe the PJs conclusion,  does that affect it?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1122 on: November 30, 2013, 12:25:12 PM »
I don't believe Amaral's theory.

I believe the PJs conclusion,  does that affect it?

Do you refer to the archiving report which says there is no evidence against the McCanns

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1123 on: November 30, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
Do you refer to the archiving report which says there is no evidence against the McCanns

Nope. I referred to the conclusions of the PJ, did I not make that clear?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1124 on: November 30, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
This is taken from the amnesty website...2012

Torture and other ill-treatment

In March, the Court of Appeal of Evora confirmed an earlier ruling that Leonor Cipriano had been tortured while in police custody in 2004, but that it could not identify those responsible. Leonor Cipriano had yet to receive compensation from the state. Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral and António Fernandes Nuno Cardoso, senior officials in the judicial police, had been sentenced to 18 months’ and 27 months’ imprisonment respectively, for falsely claiming Leonor Cipriano had fallen down the stairs. However, both sentences were suspended on the grounds that the officers had no previous criminal convictions.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/region/portugal/report-2012
Gonçalo Amaral didn't push Mrs Cipriano down the stairs. He didn't even see someone pushing her down the stairs (see "the staircase" about the result of falling down stairs) without reacting. He didn't torture her nor saw someone do it.
He signed a document he shouldn't have signed without inquiring.
You call that "criminal" because your agenda is to discredit and despise Mr Amaral, just as Mrs McCann did it in her book.
Do you hope that discredit on Mr Amaral will bring Madeleine back ?
Or do you hope discredit will make the Judge order Mr Amaral to pay a lot of money to Madeleine's family ?