Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413410 times)

drummer

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1395 on: January 04, 2014, 08:58:49 PM »
And if someone broadcast untrue words of a crime you commited against your child you would do nothing? Yeah of course.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1396 on: January 04, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »
I wonder if you'd feel the same if it was YOU being lied about in a book and being accused of heinous crimes which you knew you had not committed.

Would you just sit back and do nothing? 

If it wasn't for Amaral the trial would probably have been over and done with ages ago.   He is the one who used delaying tactics not the McCanns.   

As it stands the McCanns have not been able to prove that Madeleine was abducted and Amaral has not been able to prove that they were involved in her disappearance.  Stalemate!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Redblossom

« Reply #1397 on: January 04, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »
Mccanns furious and seething according to Jerry Lawton at the Daily Star....cant imagine this is true.....Kate Mccann never applied to speak anyway.....only Gerry...and he probably inew ages ago it wasnt going to happen

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/358729/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-left-furious-after-court-gags-them-from-giving-evidence

drummer

« Reply #1398 on: January 04, 2014, 09:05:42 PM »
My bet is Amaral new it first yet he still requested to be heard.

Redblossom

« Reply #1399 on: January 04, 2014, 09:06:49 PM »
And if someone broadcast untrue words of a crime you commited against your child you would do nothing? Yeah of course.

I wouldnt wait a year to sue.....

>@@(*&)

just imagine all that damage to the search, in the meantime, but yes I would wait.....till the profits of the book were near a million, no sense of urgency yet again!

Barf!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1400 on: January 04, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
Mccanns furious and seething according to Jerry Lawton at the Daily Star....cant imagine this is true.....Kate Mccann never applied to speak anyway.....only Gerry...and he probably inew ages ago it wasnt going to happen

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/358729/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-left-furious-after-court-gags-them-from-giving-evidence

That will be the same Jerry Lawton who referred to Euclides Monteiro as a monster in his article about tractorman.   He later tried to get out of it by blaming his editor for using the term.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1401 on: January 04, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
I think there are a lot of claims being made when the truth is that no one on this forum really has  a clue what is going on with this trial

Offline Benice

« Reply #1402 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »

A perfect example of the press sensationalising everything - and with no conscience whatsoever.
Since when does 'disappointed' equate to 'furious' and 'seething.'

Profit before people every time.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #1403 on: January 04, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
That will be the same Jerry Lawton who referred to Euclides Monteiro as a monster in his article about tractorman.   He later tried to get out of it by blaming his editor for using the term.

I dont rate or trust any of the s..mbags posing as journalists in certin quarters...a once fairly respected profession

Redblossom

« Reply #1404 on: January 04, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »
A perfect example of the press sensationalising everything - and with no conscience whatsoever.
Since when does 'disappointed' equate to 'furious' and 'seething.'

Profit before people every time.

Problem is here you dont know which story is right or wrong...in any case, I think you are wrong about profits, I doubt people in their millions buy a certain paper cos Maddie is on the front page any more, if anything, they probably avoid it unless  its their regular daily. Well, also its only Saturday, tomorrow no dubt wil be some other headline and Monday too and Tuesday....I bet Lord Lucan has been now overshadowed in the annals of history

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1405 on: January 04, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
Problem is here you dont know which story is right or wrong...in any case, I think you are wrong about profits, I doubt people in their millions buy a certain paper cos Maddie is on the front page any more, if anything, they probably avoid it unless  its their regular daily. Well, also its only Saturday, tomorrow no dubt wil be some other headline and Monday too and Tuesday....I bet Lord Lucan has been now overshadowed in the annals of history

Papers are owned by very rich, shrewd businessmen...Maddies face is on the front of the paper because it sells..if it didn't it wouldn't be there ..simple

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1406 on: January 04, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »
Papers are owned by very rich, shrewd businessmen...Maddies face is on the front of the paper because it sells..if it didn't it wouldn't be there ..simple

I will concur with that.  Daily Express garbage headlines like Madeline found in Turkey and Madeleine found in Ireland will always attract attention.   I do feel for the parents when this shite is published as genuine.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:50:11 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Redblossom

« Reply #1407 on: January 04, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »
I will concur with that.  Daily Express garbage headlines like Madeline found in Turkey and Madeleine found in Ireland will always attract attention.   I do feel for the parents when this shite is published as genuine.

I dont...they never once came out and stood up for people being pursued or lambasted by the press as involved, or suspected of being, alot of them totally innocent people, for years this has gone on.....or having to take a bloody dna test to prove they werent madeleine!!!! long after they had said its not her....etc etc....the mccnns have never stood up for the underdog in this case nd there have been many.....for them the more suspects the merrier! Innocent or not!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:37:47 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1408 on: January 04, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »
I dont...they never once came out and stood up for people being pursued or lambasted by the press as involved, or suspected of being, alot of them totally innocent people, for years this has gone on.....or having to take a bloody dna test to prove they werent madeleine!!!! long after they had said its not her....etc etc....the mccnns have never stood up for the underdog in this case nd there have been many.....

It is no surprise from most of your posts that you have no sympathy for the victims of this crime but fortunately most of the british public seem to support them

Lyall

« Reply #1409 on: January 04, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
I dont...they never once came out and stood up for people being pursued or lambasted by the press as involved, or suspected of being, alot of them totally innocent people, for years this has gone on.....or having to take a bloody dna test to prove they werent madeleine!!!! long after they had said its not her....etc etc....the mccnns have never stood up for the underdog in this case nd there have been many.....for them the more suspects the merrier! Innocent or not!!

Yep, and they never complained about the xenophobia either.