Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413576 times)

Redblossom

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1605 on: January 09, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »
Just in from Nigel Moore of Mccannfiles

Nigel Moore ‏@mccannfiles 17m
GA:"Everything should be about what happened to Madeleine.The case's core has shifted...It has become an industry -an absurd theatre"#mccann

Cant argue with that!

Offline Carana

« Reply #1606 on: January 09, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »
Just in from Nigel Moore of Mccannfiles

Nigel Moore ‏@mccannfiles 23m
GA lawyer on court delay: "There is a legal conflict in whether or not Kate and Gerry McCann can represent their daughter in court." #mccann

Nigel Moore ‏@mccannfiles 17m
GA:"Everything should be about what happened to Madeleine.The case's core has shifted...It has become an industry -an absurd theatre"#mccann

As he agrees that it should all be about Madeleine, why has his lawyer filed an objection to her being represented in court?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1607 on: January 09, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
Cant argue with that!

yes an industry with books.. tv shows

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1608 on: January 09, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »
Sounds as though it's now very much a case of 'How much will the McCanns be awarded?' rather than 'Who will win?'

Which is what some of us have been saying all along.  ?{)(**

Redblossom

« Reply #1609 on: January 09, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
As he agrees that it should all be about Madeleine, why has his lawyer filed an objection to her being represented in court?

Legal dealings etc etc nothing to do with the case......

Offline Joanne

« Reply #1610 on: January 09, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »

Because in the eye's of the law, the court's represent Madeleine now, so any action 'for' Madeleine has to be done by they, in a word Madeleine isn't K and M's now.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1611 on: January 09, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »
Because in the eye's of the law, the court's represent Madeleine now, so any action 'for' Madeleine has to be done by they, in a word Madeleine isn't K and M's now.

I always thought that was the case - that they had handed all legal responsibility for Madeleine to the court, but the court never seemed interested in exercising that right and preventing the McCanns from their various activities, so I assumed that I was wrong..
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #1612 on: January 09, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »
I always thought that was the case - that they had handed all legal responsibility for Madeleine to the court, but the court never seemed interested in exercising that right and preventing the McCanns from their various activities, so I assumed that I was wrong..

So Justice Hogg pointless?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1613 on: January 09, 2014, 03:10:01 PM »
So Justice Hogg pointless?

I have no idea.

It was my understanding that the powers of the court overruled any interests of the parents, but these family court things are shrouded in secrecy, so who knows what  conditions were set when the Ward of Court order was granted.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #1614 on: January 09, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
What surprises me about this ward of court thing is that it is being introduce towards the end of the trial. I'd have thought it is something Amaral' team would have considered much earlier on. Perhaps they did and have held it back in an attempt to destabilise  the McCann team.

Or maybe not -

Offline Joanne

« Reply #1615 on: January 09, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
I assume it was his 'ace' card. I'd suspect the trial to be delayed while the McCann's reply. Where does this 'the fund' I wonder?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1616 on: January 09, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
What surprises me about this ward of court thing is that it is being introduce towards the end of the trial. I'd have thought it is something Amaral' team would have considered much earlier on. Perhaps they did and have held it back in an attempt to destabilise  the McCann team.

Like I said, it probably never occurred to Amaral until he read it on a Forum somewhere.  Desperation if you ask me.

Personally, I have never thought that it would wash because The McCanns retain the right to speak for Madeleine, and to have custody, care and control when she is returned to The UK, by order of The UK Court.
That is what Ward of Court means in this instance.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1617 on: January 09, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
I assume it was his 'ace' card. I'd suspect the trial to be delayed while the McCann's reply. Where does this 'the fund' I wonder?

Amaral hasn't got an "Ace."  He would be guilty of Withholding Evidence if he did have.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1618 on: January 09, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
Like I said, it probably never occurred to Amaral until he read it on a Forum somewhere.  Desperation if you ask me.

Personally, I have never thought that it would wash because The McCanns retain the right to speak for Madeleine, and to have custody, care and control when she is returned to The UK, by order of The UK Court.
That is what Ward of Court means in this instance

You've seen this in writing, have you?  Perhaps you could provide a link so the rest of us can share it.

Or maybe not -

Lyall

« Reply #1619 on: January 09, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
Day 1 of the trial, on the steps outside court. Duarte: "We can't find the money".

Money, money, money, as Abba once said.