Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413545 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »
.... edited out deleted quote ...

you are totally wrong
I'm want to know what happened to Maddie and see whoever is responsible brought to justice. I just think that the Portuguese did a very poor job and I hope that SY do abetter one
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:54:09 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Luz

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »
you are totally wrong
I'm want to know what happened to Maddie and see whoever is responsible brought to justice. I just think that the Portuguese did a very poor job and I hope that SY do abetter one

Okay.

I believe the parents and friends, helped by the British authorities did a poorer job. I can't believe that FSS took months to screen the evidence sent to them and blew it. They produced miserable reports and couldn't even send a report about a simple question about the hair recovered - was it from a dead or alive person - that any medicine student in Portugal was able to do!

I hope that your expectations about SY are right, although I have serious reserves since they have not been able to point out a suspect.
They started with 195 leads (all previously checked by the PJ) and now they want to re-interview 38 persons from the previous PJ sample?! Are they investigating? Blimey, no. They are just going around and expending Uk's people tax-money.

If you ask me, this Scotland Yard Investigation looks like a JOKE.

icabodcrane

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2013, 12:16:51 AM »
Did that happen? I'm not truly impartial, I don't care for Gerry and Kate, but there can be no excuse for defacing a poster of Madeleine. None at all.

I don't think it did happen shona  (  Luz explains above  ) 

It is  a classic propaganda technique though  ...   delegitimize one's opponent so as to avoid addressing the substance of the argument.  The goal is to make it impossible for  the opponent to be heard respectfully in the debate
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:18:46 AM by icabodcrane »

Offline puglove

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2013, 12:36:28 AM »
... edited out deleted post ...

Well, it does, really. It is incredibly important to discover what happened to Madeleine.

Trite as it sounds, there are at least 2 people out there who know for certain what happened to that little girl. And however selfish and stupid her parents were, and they surely were, they didn't deserve to be robbed of their daughter.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:59:05 PM by Mr Moderator »
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »
Well, it does, really. It is incredibly important to discover what happened to Madeleine.

Trite as it sounds, there are at least 2 people out there who know for certain what happened to that little girl. And however selfish and stupid her parents were, and they surely were, they didn't deserve to be robbed of their daughter.
How do you know they were "robbed of their daughter" ?

Offline puglove

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2013, 12:49:30 AM »

And why does Kerry Needham stage raffles, and sad table-top stuff, to finance her trips, and no one looks for Keith Bennet anymore, but Maddie's case is so high-profile?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »
And why does Kerry Needham stage raffles, and sad table-top stuff, to finance her trips, and no one looks for Keith Bennet anymore, but Maddie's case is so high-profile?
Ask the dogs, Shona, they made Madeleine's case a high profile one.

Offline puglove

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2013, 01:00:54 AM »
How do you know they were "robbed of their daughter" ?

Because they are. They thought they could get away with bigging it up, chatting their usual crap, showing off, and all the time....they're child was taken. They didn't look, they didn't care, they chose to gossip and flirt.

It'

AnneGuedes

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2013, 01:05:06 AM »
Because they are. They thought they could get away with bigging it up, chatting their usual crap, showing off, and all the time....they're child was taken. They didn't look, they didn't care, they chose to gossip and flirt.

It'
There's no evidence of this, Shona.

Offline puglove

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »

It'

Oh well. Time for bed. It's been 6 years....you won't find Maddie now.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2013, 01:11:13 AM »
you won't find Maddie now.
Nobody probably will. That's why it would be more fruitful to go back to the bed from which she allegedly was stolen.

Lyall

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2013, 01:26:09 AM »
Eleanor, I don't see anyone here trying to prove an abduction could not have happened. >@@(*&)

Or saying the McCanns killed their daughter.

Lyall

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2013, 01:28:22 AM »
As to the integrity of the McCanns, well yes that is questioned. But your other accusations are exaggerated imo.

Offline John

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2013, 01:34:34 AM »
Eleanor, I don't see anyone here trying to prove an abduction could not have happened. >@@(*&)

Or saying the McCanns killed their daughter.

Indeed and there won't be.  Lets be sensible Eleanor.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2013, 02:15:02 AM »
Indeed and there won't be.  Lets be sensible Eleanor.

Oh, do let's be sensible.  If only. Either Madeleine was abducted, or her parents were directly responsible for her disappearance.
Is there some other scenario that I have missed?