Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413361 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2013, 08:36:56 PM »
Nope that's it.  She didn't answer it all. 

Maybe Anne will clarify?
This was her way to answer or not answer..

AnneGuedes

« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »
Fair enough, Montclair.  But come on, let's put our cards on the table - there was just no time for Kate and Gerry McCann to do anything sinister before the alarm was raised!
Not before, but right after (imo).

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »
Someone's Happy!

Photo: Anne Guedes

Dr Gonçalo Amaral and Dr Santos Oliveira exit smiling from the Palace of Justice in Lisbon
as they depart for lunch during a break in Fridays proceedings.

Great photograph. What a pair of confident looking gentleman.   ?{)(**
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Lyall

« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
Claudia's just been posted, Michael Wright's later tonight.

Thanks guys. Thanks Anne 8((()*/

Looks like another witness just giving their opinion - no reports or documentation to support their claims. And she's incorrect to say focus was on Mr Amaral in the UK. How could she make that mistake if her job was to translate British news for Portuguese readers? >@@(*&)

Redblossom

« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
Great photograph. What a pair of confident looking gentleman.   ?{)(**

Arent they just!

drummer

« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2013, 04:24:42 AM »
This was her way to answer or not answer..

Was she not pressed to give an answer to the question.

icabodcrane

« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2013, 05:02:37 AM »
Was she not pressed to give an answer to the question.

Let's recap

Claudia Nogueira was asked by Santos Oliveira  (  Amaral's lawyer  )  :

Did you read the book and think that whoever reads it might think that Goncalo Amaral speaks the truth ?

Claudia Nogueira  (  a PR expert  )   chooses to answer that she has read the book 

She could not be  'pressed'  to give an opinion on what other people  'might'   think when they read the book  ...  how could she know  ? 

Santos Oliveira would have been aware that any   'pressing'  of that point would have been over-ruled by the Judge as being something the witness was not in a position to answer 

You clearly didn't watch enough  Crown Court in the afternoons when you were off school   8(0(*
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:04:10 AM by icabodcrane »

Offline gilet

« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2013, 02:18:07 PM »
Particularly the Michael Wright testimony is lengthy and presumably comprehensive.

Is this reporting based simply on a few notes or is Anne perchance surreptitiously or openly (I don't know whether it is allowed in law in Portugal) recording the trial?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
I'm certainly not surreptitious and it didn't pass my mind to record. See what the judge said about a journalist supposed to use her cell phone. And I don't take a few notes, I constantly write in order to be the most objective possible. Even so I have to count on my memory. After a few days my notes would be of no use.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2013, 11:15:09 PM »
I applaud your efforts Anne. This is only going to get better as the action progresses.  Do we know when the next setting is??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

icabodcrane

« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:14 PM »
I applaud your efforts Anne. This is only going to get better as the action progresses.  Do we know when the next setting is??

seconded

When the Amaral  witnesses start appearing I dread to think how it will be spun in  the British press

Anne's efforts will be invalualbe  ! 

Redblossom

« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2013, 11:27:42 PM »
seconded

When the Amaral  witnesses start appearing I dread to think how it will be spun in  the British press

Anne's efforts will be invalualbe  !

Thirded

At least any testimny wont be scaring any young children he has with supposed threats of them being abducted or their mum cnsidering suicide! Or in deep depression

Offline gilet

« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2013, 12:11:56 AM »
I'm certainly not surreptitious and it didn't pass my mind to record. See what the judge said about a journalist supposed to use her cell phone. And I don't take a few notes, I constantly write in order to be the most objective possible. Even so I have to count on my memory. After a few days my notes would be of no use.

Thank you for your efforts. Do you know if transcripts of trials can be made available in Portugal as they can in the UK? I realise the cost can be very high but am interested nevertheless.

drummer

« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
Anne do you take down your notes in shorthand?

Offline gilet

« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Anne do you take down your notes in shorthand?

Without shorthand ability it would be impossible to make a genuinely accurate record in my view. And even shorthand writers would find it tough going for long periods.
I would also like to know if Anne uses shorthand.