Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413574 times)

Offline gilet

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #555 on: October 09, 2013, 12:12:09 AM »
I really cannot see any logical explanation for you claiming this trial is going badly for Amaral 

I try to be objective  ...  and if I  thought the hearing was going the McCanns' way,  then I would certainly say so

On all evidence so far,  though,  that is simply not the case

You look a bit silly making that claim,  I have to say

Really? When the star of the injunction hearing, Almeida, is dismissed as not being relevant?

When the judge belittles Paiva by pointing out that his testimony is a load of nonsense by pointing out that the claims on the book cover indicate he is not telling the truth about its contents?

When having desperately taken a "time out" on hearing that Gerry McCann wishes to testify, Amaral suddenly adds his name to the list of potential witnesses?

icabodcrane

« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2013, 12:15:29 AM »
That doesn't explain why the Mirror is running a front page on this though does it? No, it doesn't.

As I thought, you are clutching at straws.

I was speaking of the Express  (  and their history with  the McCanns  )  together with senior journalist  James Murray's personal interest in the case

What on earth has that got to do with  'the Mirror'  ? 

Redblossom

« Reply #557 on: October 09, 2013, 12:17:19 AM »
PMSL!!!! Poor gilets been wielded out with her his pathetic nonsense, oh well, lol nite nite dears roflmao

Awwww but bless  ur cotton likkle socks, cooee and toodles and just accept the mccanns have shot  themselves  in their pathetic littlefeet and will LOSE as predicted YEARS AGO, tara chuck!!!!
 @)(++(*

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:22:53 AM by Redblossom »

icabodcrane

« Reply #558 on: October 09, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »
Really? When the star of the injunction hearing, Almeida, is dismissed as not being relevant?

When the judge belittles Paiva by pointing out that his testimony is a load of nonsense by pointing out that the claims on the book cover indicate he is not telling the truth about its contents?

When having desperately taken a "time out" on hearing that Gerry McCann wishes to testify, Amaral suddenly adds his name to the list of potential witnesses?

hmm  ...  OK then   ...  an absent Duarte slaughtered the defence witnesses  ...  how clever of her 

It is going  badly  for the McCanns  ...  that  is obvious to anyone with a modicum of impartiality

That might change   ( and if it does I will certainly acknowledge it  )   ...  but for now,  it's not looking good

Offline puglove

« Reply #559 on: October 09, 2013, 12:20:25 AM »
I was speaking of the Express  (  and their history with  the McCanns  )  together with senior journalist  James Murray's personal interest in the case

What doesn't work for me is the image of Maddie's bed. One small corner turned down. Is that how her bed was found, after she was gone?
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #560 on: October 09, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »
Interesting observation.
ID's absence wasn't justified. She might have had another trial.

Offline gilet

« Reply #561 on: October 09, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »
hmm  ...  OK then   ...  an absent Duarte slaughtered the defence witnesses  ...  how clever of her 

It is going  badly  for the McCanns  ...  that  is obvious to anyone with a modicum of impartiality

That might change   ( and if it does I will certainly acknowledge it  )   ...  but for now,  it's not looking good

And I totally disagree with you.

Your stance is no more impartial than mine and I will acknowledge any aspects of the case which go the way of Amaral. As yet there are none in my opinion.

I notice that you don't actually answer the points I make showing real problems for the Amaral case but I am not really surprised at your failure.

icabodcrane

« Reply #562 on: October 09, 2013, 12:24:30 AM »
What doesn't work for me is the image of Maddie's bed. One small corner turned down. Is that how her bed was found, after she was gone?

I think it was shona 

...  doesn't look like a  'slept in'  bed at all does it  ?

Offline gilet

« Reply #563 on: October 09, 2013, 12:24:36 AM »

Absolutely everything because you were speaking of the Express history as a reason for their current posting. But that history does not explain that other papers have exactly the same standpoint as the Express.

it completely knocks your reason for it being an Express vendetta (in waiting) on the head.

Offline gilet

« Reply #564 on: October 09, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »
PMSL!!!! Poor gilets been wielded out with her his pathetic nonsense, oh well, lol nite nite dears roflmao

Awwww but bless  ur cotton likkle socks, cooee and toodles and just accept the mccanns have shot  themselves  in their pathetic littlefeet and will LOSE as predicted YEARS AGO, tara chuck!!!!
 @)(++(*

A shame you cannot address the issues and instead act like a silly little child.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #565 on: October 09, 2013, 12:27:52 AM »
One thing is clear.

If the Portuguese Court does not allow the people who are bringing this claim against Amaral to testify then it will be a very sad reflection on the notion of justice as applied by the Portuguese.

Why should it?  If the complainants and their lead lawyer cannot even be bothered to attend a one day hearing where several police officers who were directly involved in the case were giving evidence then I fear they won't be taken seriously and have damaged their case irretrievably.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline gilet

« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2013, 12:28:17 AM »
ID's absence wasn't justified. She might have had another trial.

What ID's absence does rather prove though is that the delay caused when Amaral's lawyer called in sick for a pre-arranged op on his adult child's hand was rather a waste of everyone's time.

Is he unable to delegate in the way ID can or was it a ruse?

icabodcrane

« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2013, 12:28:27 AM »
Absolutely everything because you were speaking of the Express history as a reason for their current posting. But that history does not explain that other papers have exactly the same standpoint as the Express.

it completely knocks your reason for it being an Express vendetta (in waiting) on the head.

ah  ...  but it's the  'in waiting'  that makes all the difference

I just think James Murray is the  'dog with a bone'  in this case   ...  anyway,  we shall see

Offline gilet

« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »
Why should it?  If the complainants and their lead lawyer cannot even be bothered to attend a one day hearing where several police officers who were directly involved in the case then I fear they won't be taken seriously and have damaged their case irretrievably.

Luckily what a biased and rather angry sounding forum head in England thinks is wholly irrelevant to what the Judge thinks.

The lead lawyer does not have to attend. Did you not know that? Delegation is perfectly legal and it is just a shame that Amaral's lawyer chose to disrupt a whole day's business in court because he could not delegate. Maybe the judge won't look very kindly on that action?

And most certainly the McCanns are not obliged to travel all the way from England just to hear a couple of hours of video links and repetitive testimony (except where Paiva totally turned his testimony on its head from his last court appearance) from people whose stories they have heard before.

I think it rather silly that you believe that people acting legally and sensibly will bring discredit to themselves and people like Paiva who cannot keep to the same story twice will somehow be seen in a favourable light by the judge. But some people cannot see the wood for the trees as they say.

icabodcrane

« Reply #569 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33:28 AM »
Why should it?  If the complainants and their lead lawyer cannot even be bothered to attend a one day hearing where several police officers who were directly involved in the case were giving evidence then I fear they won't be taken seriously and have damaged their case irretrievably.

Hadn't thought of it like that Angelo

Do you think the Judge will see the failure to attend  as dismissive,  arrogant,  and disrespectful of her and the court  ?

Amaral has been there every day  ...  has he not  ?

( As has our own Anne of course   ?{)(**  )