Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413412 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #570 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
There is the possibility that the judge will decide against the testimony of the two McCanns and Gonçalo Amaral if she believes that she has enough evidence already to make her decision. I don't think that the judge wants to waste her time on useless theatrics. JMO
Actually that's quite possible. You'll have noted that sometimes she says that the question has already been answered.

Offline puglove

« Reply #571 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »
I think it was shona 

...  doesn't look like a  'slept in'  bed at all does it  ?

Sadly, no. It looks staged. I still think that Maddie was taken, possibly for ransom, but I struggle with Gerry, when he sits with folk and says "f..k off, I'm not here to enjoy myself" in front of tiny kids. If he said that when my children were there, I'd have gone frantic. So why all the silly giggling? Why the acceptance?
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #572 on: October 09, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
I think it was shona 

...  doesn't look like a  'slept in'  bed at all does it  ?
Nor as a bed where a mother and her 3 children had been sitting telling stories.
It didn't looked slept in but it could have been slept on though the folded corner..

icabodcrane

« Reply #573 on: October 09, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »
Sadly, no. It looks staged. I still think that Maddie was taken, possibly for ransom, but I struggle with Gerry, when he sits with folk and says "f..k off, I'm not here to enjoy myself" in front of tiny kids. If he said that when my children were there, I'd have gone frantic. So why all the silly giggling? Why the acceptance?

I know  ...  I'm middle aged now but I never heard my father say the  'f'  word  ... even  now,   not in my company

I'm sure he has  used it  ( as have I )  ... but never in front of my children  ...  or anyone  else's   children  either

It's just another of the many anomalies  thrown up that flies in the face of the image of the McCanns we have been spoon-fed right from the start

AnneGuedes

« Reply #574 on: October 09, 2013, 12:49:57 AM »

Amaral has been there every day  ...  has he not  ?

He left when Paiva appeared, I don't know if Paiva could see the whole court room, but I guess Amaral found Paiva would feel more at ease without him there.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #575 on: October 09, 2013, 12:52:04 AM »
I really cannot see any logical explanation for you claiming this trial is going badly for Amaral 

I try to be objective  ...  and if I  thought the hearing was going the McCanns' way,  then I would certainly say so

On all evidence so far,  though,  that is simply not the case

You look a bit silly making that claim,  I have to say

Silly doesn't cut it, desperate would be closer to it.

The McCanns number two lawyer had very little to say today and if they are to win they cannot afford to cruise as they did today.  Team Amaral have nothing to prove, it's all down to Duarte.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline puglove

« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2013, 12:52:14 AM »
Nor as a bed where a mother and her 3 children had been sitting telling stories.
It didn't looked slept in but it could have been slept on though the folded corner..

It's a terribly, sad story. But if the Mccanns had valued their kids as much as they'd valued their life-style, they would still have their little girl. Silly, selfish, lazy pair.

Offline puglove

« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2013, 01:00:54 AM »
Can you explain why team Amaral have nothing to prove?

It is Amaral who is being tried. Not the McCanns.

Where you when I cried?

FFS, these kids were gift-wrapped.

icabodcrane

« Reply #578 on: October 09, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »
Can you explain why team Amaral have nothing to prove?

It is Amaral who is being tried. Not the McCanns.

Portuguese libel law demands that those who  bring a libel action have to  prove   that they have been libeled  (  and suffered damage as a consequence  ) 

Angelo is quite right  ...  the  'heavy-lifting'  is Duarte's to do 

....  so where was she today  ? 

Lyall

« Reply #579 on: October 09, 2013, 01:14:11 AM »
Other way round in the United Kingdom.

Amaral would have to prove what he said was the truth.

>@@(*&) That's true. So why fight in Lisbon instead of London? I think it was a mistake. They should have waited to see if anyone published in English.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2013, 01:35:26 AM »
Odd you should think that. I was only thinking this afternoon that the frantic nature of much of the anti McCann activity recently is a sure sign that the Amaral case is rather badly failing.

When Paiva has to change his story from one court to another to support Amaral its a pretty poor show.

Does he really think that the Judge will not realise that he either perjured himself back in 2010 when he was reported not just by a lone tweeter but by others as well (eg http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6974917/Madeleine-McCanns-death-covered-up-by-parents-who-faked-kidnap-court-hears.html ) saying that the Police believed from very early on that the McCanns were guilty or that he perjured himself today. He cannot believe both things as they contradict.

The police ( collectively ) suspected the McCanns from the beginning of the case is a long way from saying Amaral's theory stopped  other lines of investigation being explored. But hey if that's the best piece of deflection you can muster, fill your boots
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2013, 05:33:06 AM »
Daily Express:

Madeleine: dramatic new court claims

Kate McCann is to make a dramatic bid to nail the smears which have hampered the search for her daughter Madeleine.

Brave Kate wants to defend herself in open court to silence her tormentor detective Goncalo Amaral over false claims she was involved in a cover-up, it was revealed yesterday.

The former GP is expected to use new evidence unearthed by Scotland Yard to kill off Portuguese police smears for once and for all. British officers are set to reveal 'fresh, substantative material' during a Crimewatch special on the case to be aired on Monday.

It comes as detectives revealed they are closer...
 8@??)(

Closer to nothing at all.

stephen25000

« Reply #582 on: October 09, 2013, 05:34:28 AM »
Clutching at rather pathetic straws. But you have to grasp anything as Amaral is clearly floundering.

In your dreams.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #583 on: October 09, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »
Posters have criticised the testimony of witnesses for the McCanns...was the report right yesterday theat Tavares de Almeida...not sure of the spelling...appearing for amaral....sat down, muttered "what am I doing here", admitted he had only read the last two pages of the book and was instantly dismissed by the judge. Is that the worst witness so far by a mile?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:36 AM »
Portuguese libel law demands that those who  bring a libel action have to  prove   that they have been libeled  (  and suffered damage as a consequence  ) 

Angelo is quite right  ...  the  'heavy-lifting'  is Duarte's to do 

....  so where was she today  ?

yes but as you have admitted you don't have a clue..your exact words...on the level of proof required