Author Topic: The reports of a man seen walking with a child in his arms  (Read 18300 times)

Offline sika

Re: The reports of a man seen walking with a child in his arms
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »
Question for Hidehi, I think that the sightings by the Smiths and Mrs Tanner are compelling.
For the umpteenth time, what are your views on these?

On another thread in the video area Hideho has made it clear that she does not believe these sightings and statements constitute evidence of an abduction as she claims there is no evidence of abduction anywhere.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1134.msg31932#msg31932
So she is suggesting that the entire Smith family lied? Imagined it? Were mistaken?
It's all too convenient for Hideho to just dismiss their evidence.

Offline gilet

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »
Question for Hidehi, I think that the sightings by the Smiths and Mrs Tanner are compelling.
For the umpteenth time, what are your views on these?

On another thread in the video area Hideho has made it clear that she does not believe these sightings and statements constitute evidence of an abduction as she claims there is no evidence of abduction anywhere.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1134.msg31932#msg31932
So she is suggesting that the entire Smith family lied? Imagined it? Were mistaken?
It's all too convenient for Hidehi  to just dismiss their evidence.

I believe I have seen content which shows that she believes Mr Smith sighted Gerry McCann. It is the other sightings which do not support that contention which are being dismissed.

Offline sika

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »
Thanks Gilet. So rather than believe that the Smiths are lying, she believes that the tapas nine and waiters are lying?
 @)(++(* @)(++(*
Honestly! You couldn't make it up!

Offline John

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »
Yes, he 'thought' he saw him, ultimately he wasn't 100% sure.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »

I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child. I am basing that on his mannerism in the way he carried the child off the plane. After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

This was after he'd seen the TV footage of the McCanns coming off the plane as arguidos.

A legitimate doubt to report, and I think he was right to do so.

However, the original 60-80% "certainty" level got mangled in mythdom to increase into 100%certaintydom. He was the only one to report it (his wife apparently agreed with his reflection, although there is no independent statement to that effect), but the rest of the family there that night doesn't seem to corroborate that view.

Offline sika

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »

I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child. I am basing that on his mannerism in the way he carried the child off the plane. After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

This was after he'd seen the TV footage of the McCanns coming off the plane as arguidos.

A legitimate doubt to report, and I think he was right to do so.

However, the original 60-80% "certainty" level got mangled in mythdom to increase into 100%certaintydom. He was the only one to report it (his wife apparently agreed with his reflection, although there is no independent statement to that effect), but the rest of the family there that night doesn't seem to corroborate that view.
If Mr Smith is right and he did see Gerry McCann carrying a child, then the tapas nine and waiters MUST have been lying. To those who believe this,

FOR F@@KS SAKE!!!!  GET A GRIP!!   

Offline John

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »
 8@??)(   EXACTLY!

Should have gone to SpecSavers 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline sadie

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »
Have you seen the way Gerry carried Sean down the steps fgrom the plane?

He held Sean in exactly the way that any caring parent would a sleeping child. 

From memory he held Sean well up on his chest in a near upright position.  His left arm and hand was supporting Seans behind and body weight.  His right hand was held on, or near his back, ready to give support to Sean, or grab the handrail as necessary

Cant think why Mr Smith saw anything in this.  Bet 90% of parents, carrying a sleeping toddler down the steps of a plane, would do it in exactly the same way.

Offline Carana

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »
I believe that he did the right thing in reporting his sudden doubt to the police.

What he could not have known is that it would be splashed all over the Internet via the released files.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2013, 10:32:39 PM »
Well thank goodness someone else swore about this.  I was sorely tempted.

The statement of Mr. Smith is invalid, although I believe that he meant well.

None of these statements should ever have been released.  It beggars belief that they were.

And I am none too sure that this is common practice in Portugal.

If it is Common Practice, Please can I see the witness statements pertaining to the disappearance of Joana Cipriano?

Offline sadie

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2013, 12:20:46 AM »
Yep, I would like to see those too.  Would I ever!

Also the statements surrounding the Michael Cook case

Both Cases horrendous examples of misjustice

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2013, 12:29:49 AM »
Yep, I would like to see those too.  Would I ever!

Also the statements surrounding the Michael Cook case

Both Cases horrendous examples of misjustice

Don't worry, Sadie.  I haven't forgotten about Michael Cook.

Offline John

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
I agree with what has been said, I believe Mr Smith felt he was doing the right thing but ultimately he was mistaken...it was not Gerry McCann for reasons which we have already discussed...Gerry could not have been in two places at the same time at exactly 10pm.