Author Topic: Maddie Basta de Mentiras  (Read 13207 times)

Offline faithlilly

Maddie Basta de Mentiras
« on: October 08, 2021, 10:58:02 AM »
I’m reliably informed that Amaral has waited until the parents had exhausted all legal routes for retribution before publishing this book. Whether this means that they have failed in their efforts at the ECHR is unclear but likely.

Looking forward to reading the inevitable translations.

https://www.contrapontoeditores.pt/produtos/ficha/maddie-basta-de-mentiras-/25005660
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

Re: Maddie Basta de Mentiras
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 11:42:33 AM »
I’m reliably informed that Amaral has waited until the parents had exhausted all legal routes for retribution before publishing this book. Whether this means that they have failed in their efforts at the ECHR is unclear but likely.

https://www.contrapontoeditores.pt/produtos/ficha/maddie-basta-de-mentiras-/25005660

I think he would have run it pass lawyers before proceeding, publishers would have as well.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »

You think you are reliably informed... I'm sure you are not.

I've seen some of the book... More fantasy from aamaral.
He says now that the only certain thing is the child disappeared... So it's clear he's backtracking

Offline barrier

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 11:56:02 AM »
You think you are reliably informed... I'm sure you are not.

I've seen some of the book... More fantasy from aamaral.
He says now that the only certain thing is the child disappeared... So it's clear he's backtracking

Well no one has proved different from the get go, so how is that backtracking.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »
Well no one has proved different from the get go, so how is that backtracking.

It's clearly backtracking because in his first book he claimed it was confirmed Maddie died in the apartment... He's not claiming that now

Offline jassi

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »

Would McCann get advance warning of a verdict, or would it just be announced ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 01:33:45 PM »
Would McCann get advance warning of a verdict, or would it just be announced ?
Surely the question should be (in light of Faithlilly's "reliable information") would Amaral get advance warning of a verdict, far enough in advance to allow him to get a book published?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »
Incidentally I remember years ago when Faithlilly was informing us all over twitter that she'd been "reliably informed" that the McCanns were getting divorced, so don't get too excited guys...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »

I don't know much about what is going on with this and my knowledge of the Portuguese language is somewhat limited, but I would be very surprised if Amaral is making the same accusations that he has made in the past.

However, no doubt the book will sell to a limited audience.  Does anyone know in which country it is being published?

Perhaps more to the point, who is likely to translate this?

Offline barrier

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 04:19:24 PM »
It's clearly backtracking because in his first book he claimed it was confirmed Maddie died in the apartment... He's not claiming that now

The issue is ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 05:01:10 PM »
I think Amaral is trying to do to the German investigation what he succeeded in doing to the previous ones - all based on the flaws and and falsehoods promulgated on the back of the one he briefly led as co-ordinator back in 2007.

All the misconceptions of the past fourteen+ years can be traced back to him as the source.  From what I can see of the content of his forthcoming book I'm sure he thinks that what succeeded for him once will work for him again.

I don't think it will;  time has gone on and he has a wider and more enlightened audience to deal with this time round.

I think Wolters has treated Amaral's Brueckner related interventions to the German investigation with the contempt deserved as he promotes his very own legend in the face of the known evidence.

One can certainly see exactly why the German investigation stopped sharing evidence with others when it was leaked to Amaral whose motto is “Justice works in Silence” ensured its release into the public domain.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 05:37:45 PM »
So apparently Amaral is alleging that the American woman made up the rape and that CB is in jail for a crime he didn’t commit.  How lovely to know Amaral is on the paedo’s side in all of this.   Disgraceful little shit.

Offline barrier

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »
So apparently Amaral is alleging that the American woman made up the rape and that CB is in jail for a crime he didn’t commit.  How lovely to know Amaral is on the paedo’s side in all of this.   Disgraceful little shit.

I don't suppose  CB worries one iota to what you think.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 05:40:34 PM »
I don't suppose  CB worries one iota to what you think.
My comment was about Amaral and I don’t give a toss what either of them think, nor what you think for that matter.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 05:43:33 PM »
My comment was about Amaral and I don’t give a toss what either of them think, nor what you think for that matter.

Rock on. I don't suppose you could to the honour and not respond.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 05:48:08 PM by barrier »