Author Topic: At what point does child neglect become an offence?  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Angelo222

At what point does child neglect become an offence?
« on: December 17, 2021, 10:43:25 PM »
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of child neglect after four children died following an "intense" fire in a house in south London.

Two sets of twin boys aged four and three were alone when they were rescued from a house on Collingwood Road in Sutton at around 7pm on Thursday, London Fire Brigade said.

Firefighters tried to resuscitate the children, believed to be called Kyson, Bryson, Leyton and Logan, at the scene but all four boys died in hospital later that evening.

My question is this. The McCanns did exactly the same thing and lost one of their three children as a result. Had there been a fire they too could have lost all three children.

So why were they not arrested for neglect?

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2021-12-17/woman-arrested-as-two-sets-of-twins-under-five-die-after-south-london-house-fire
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: At what point does child neglect become an offence?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 11:18:50 PM »
What a disgraceful thread imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 11:26:58 PM »

I have to agree with this.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 12:11:08 AM »

And thus the tragedy of these four wee boys is reduced to being a snide debating point.

My heart breaks for them, may God rest them.  With that said I won't be posting on this thread again.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of child neglect after four children died following an "intense" fire in a house in south London.

Two sets of twin boys aged four and three were alone when they were rescued from a house on Collingwood Road in Sutton at around 7pm on Thursday, London Fire Brigade said.

Firefighters tried to resuscitate the children, believed to be called Kyson, Bryson, Leyton and Logan, at the scene but all four boys died in hospital later that evening.

My question is this. The McCanns did exactly the same thing and lost one of their three children as a result. Had there been a fire they too could have lost all three children.

So why were they not arrested for neglect?

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2021-12-17/woman-arrested-as-two-sets-of-twins-under-five-die-after-south-london-house-fire

According to the Sun, she had gone to Sainsburys.

"She did not return until between 8.30pm and 9pm.

"But firefighters were called just before 7pm.

"It was shocking. When she returned she was smoking a cigarette and someone said she had been to the shop.

"She showed no emotion."

Others said they saw the mum returning to the home with shopping bags.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/17072807/sutton-fire-shopping-sainsburys-house/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »

Why?  Is it because it's true?

If the McCann children had all been killed in a fire because of their parents neglect would you be so generous towards them now?

Truth is the NEGLECT existed regardless of the outcome.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 11:53:15 AM »

If the McCann children had all been killed in a fire because of their parents neglect would you be so generous towards them now?

The McCanns were wrong to leave their children as they did... It was neglectful but was it criminal neglect... It seems not in Portugal. That's the end of it afaiac

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 11:56:27 AM »
The McCanns were wrong to leave their children as they did... It was neglectful but was it criminal neglect... It seems not in Portugal. That's the end of it afaiac

I agree with that summarisation. My intention was to point out that the crime, if it exists, is compounded by the outcome. It is unfortunate that this neglect of children is only found out when a tragedy occurs.

In the Maddie case, we would never have known that the McCanns left their three young children alone for hours had one not disappeared. Immediately it is someone else's fault, not the neglectful parents!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:59:53 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 12:20:14 PM »
I agree with that summarisation. My intention was to point out that the crime, if it exists, is compounded by the outcome. It is unfortunate that this neglect of children is only found out when a tragedy occurs.

In the Maddie case, we would never have known that the McCanns left their three young children alone for hours had one not disappeared. Immediately it is someone else's fault, not the neglectful parents!

The McCann, Oldfield, O'Brien and Payne children were at risk of suffering the same fate as those poor children.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 12:37:10 PM »
The McCann, Oldfield, O'Brien and Payne children were at risk of suffering the same fate as those poor children.

Just as many many children and woman are at risk because of people like CB

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 12:41:48 PM »

If the children are abducted it is someone elses fault. The abductor

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
If the children are abducted it is someone elses fault. The abductor

So if the McCann children had died in a house fire it would have been their parent's fault?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2021, 01:27:30 PM »
So if the McCann children had died in a house fire it would have been their parent's fault?

Of course.....but imo that was not likely for lots of reasons.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2021, 01:37:56 PM »

No, it's disgraceful for 2 reasons:
1) those children's bodies aren't even cold yet and you are exploiting their deaths to score a cheap point on an internet forum about the McCanns
2) You claim to know exactly what happened in this case, that's it's identical to the circumstances in the McCann case.  As far as I'm aware no details have yet been released regarding why the children were left alone, or for how long so you have started the thread from a position of ignorance, again to score a cheap point.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2021, 03:10:19 PM »
Of course.....but imo that was not likely for lots of reasons.

So parents are to blame if their home alone children die in a fire, but not if their children are abducted? That sounds illogical to me because in both examples the children could have been fine if the parents had been present.
Result = happy posting.