Author Topic: At what point does child neglect become an offence?  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: At what point does child neglect become an offence?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2021, 03:22:15 PM »
So parents are to blame if their home alone children die in a fire, but not if their children are abducted? That sounds illogical to me because in both examples the children could have been fine if the parents had been present.
That isn't what I said.. And I can't be bothered to spell it out to you

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
So parents are to blame if their home alone children die in a fire, but not if their children are abducted? That sounds illogical to me because in both examples the children could have been fine if the parents had been present.

It is all down to poor parenting. No wonder the English social services were called in to investigate the McCanns.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2021, 04:25:55 PM »
That isn't what I said.. And I can't be bothered to spell it out to you

Madeleine is almost certainly dead. If she had not been left alone it is almost certain that she would not be. It really is as simple as that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »
It is all down to poor parenting. No wonder the English social services were called in to investigate the McCanns.
And did they conclude they posed a risk to their remaining children who they took into care?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »
When all else fails there is always the "neglect" stick to reach for in order to ignite the flames of rancorous discourse for the eight millionth time. 
well done Angelo  8@??)(
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2021, 04:44:12 PM »
Madeleine is almost certainly dead. If she had not been left alone it is almost certain that she would not be. It really is as simple as that.

I agree... But that isn't what gunit was referring to

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2021, 05:11:49 PM »

According to another article, Sainsbury's was 5 minutes walk away.

The boys’ mum Deveca Rose, 27 — who is separated from Dalton — got back from Sainsbury’s, five minutes’ walk away, to find the house ablaze.

Strange then that the house was burning by 7pm, but she didn't get back until around 8:30-9:00

I suppose she could have spent nearly 2 hours walking around a supermarket, or maybe she did something else as well.

Anyway, she's been bailed now, so there's no harm done.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17077363/sutton-fire-mum-jeered-angry-crowd-heartbroken-dad/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »
I agree... But that isn't what gunit was referring to
It’s possible but not a certainty.  Children have been abducted from their bedrooms and murdered before while the parents were at home.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2021, 08:38:13 PM »
It seems very strange how this happened. I wonder whether there was arson involved.  If there was is the mother still to blame or should the arsonist take most if the blame

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »
It seems very strange how this happened. I wonder whether there was arson involved.  If there was is the mother still to blame or should the arsonist take most if the blame

Parents who decide to leave their children home alone are also deciding to put their children at risk of harm. Even if no harm results the decision is wrong.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2021, 09:04:47 PM »

According to the Sun.....

It is understood the PVC-covered front door caught fire - possibly due to Christmas fairy lights - and then erupted in flames.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17071179/sutton-house-fire-twins-died-brothers-christmas-presents-2/

But the official word from the Fire Chief is,

"The cause of the fire is currently unknown and we have fire investigation teams on scene at present along with the Metropolitan Police to determine the cause of the fire."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:07:14 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »
Parents who decide to leave their children home alone are also deciding to put their children at risk of harm. Even if no harm results the decision is wrong.

We have already agreed it's wrong to leave children...that goes,, without saying but..

When blame is, aportioned for the childrens death at the moment mom is to blame.  But if there was third party involvement... Arson.. Does that change the level of blame

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2021, 09:32:43 PM »
We have already agreed it's wrong to leave children...that goes,, without saying but..

When blame is, aportioned for the childrens death at the moment mom is to blame.  But if there was third party involvement... Arson.. Does that change the level of blame

That depends, in my hypothetical, maybe she knew the arsonist & arranged the fire, like Mick Phillpott.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2021, 09:52:36 PM »
That depends, in my hypothetical, maybe she knew the arsonist & arranged the fire, like Mick Phillpott.

So the level of blame depends on other factors.. Unusual for you to support me.  Until the full story comes out we won't know

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2021, 10:05:24 PM »
So the level of blame depends on other factors.. Unusual for you to support me.  Until the full story comes out we won't know

Well actually, no, I don't think it's fair to blame imaginary arsonists until we get more information, so I'd prefer to stick with blaming the mother.