Author Topic: Smithman sighting possible explanations  (Read 7135 times)

Redblossom

Smithman sighting possible explanations
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »
What do people think he could have been doing?

-Carrying Madeleine Mccann alive or dead
-Carrying his child home from x y z.....there was a cafe bar near the area, visit to friends or relatives
-Carrying child home after looking after her for friends or relatives for x y z reasons
-Carrying  his child to the medical centre which was nearby or pharmacy also nearby presuming they were open....I know from holidaying in small villages in the Med these dont close till late at night, maybe someone who knows PDL will tell on this
-Carrying to a babysitter/friend/relative for x y z reasons

Any others?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:52:16 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Carana

Re: Smithman sighting possible explanations
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

-Abducting Madeleine Mccann
-Carrying his child home from x y z.....there was a cafe bar near the area, visit to friends or relatives
-Carrying child home after looking after her for friends or relatives for x y z reasons
-Carrying  his child to the medical centre which was nearby or pharmacy also nearby presuming they were open....I know from holidaying in small villages in the Med these dont close till late at night, maybe someone who knows PDL will tell on this

Any others?

Until he comes forward or is otherwise identified, they all seem possible, Red.

Redblossom

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 09:05:59 PM »
thanks Carana

Perhaps he never came forward for the same reason SYman didntcome forward at the time, didnt want to be dragged into the terrible tsunami and branded child snatchers by the rabid press

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 02:25:58 AM »
thanks Carana

Perhaps he never came forward for the same reason SYman didntcome forward at the time, didnt want to be dragged into the terrible tsunami and branded child snatchers by the rabid press

Makes sense, Red.

I actually just noted on another thread that SY are reporting having had a great deal of response, after the Crimewatch special, from people who were in PdL at the time and who until now have not come forward.

I personally find it hard to imagine how someone couldn't come forward in a situation like this, given its gravity, but apparently several new people have been in contact with SY.

It will be interesting to see if this all bears any fruit.

Cariad

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »

Any others?

Now that makes sense! All the others beg the question about the child's attire, being possibly shoeless etc.. If it were a medical emergency, you'd just grab your child and leave to get to the doctor as quickly as possible.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 08:34:36 AM »
Now that makes sense! All the others beg the question about the child's attire, being possibly shoeless etc.. If it were a medical emergency, you'd just grab your child and leave to get to the doctor as quickly as possible.

lets hope SY can get to the bottom of it

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:35:59 AM »
Think we would all say Amen to that.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Montclair

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 09:02:24 AM »
Private clinics in Portugal are closed at night and people would go to the emergency ward at the local hospital which would have been either Lagos Hospital or Portimão Hospital. Even if it were true, a doctor would have come forward by now to say that he had treated a sick child that night.

Cariad

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »
Private clinics in Portugal are closed at night and people would go to the emergency ward at the local hospital which would have been either Lagos Hospital or Portimão Hospital. Even if it were true, a doctor would have come forward by now to say that he had treated a sick child that night.

we're back to senselessness then....

Offline Jacknch

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »

Any others?

Maybe the child couldn't sleep so he took him/her out for a walk to tire him/her out before heading back home.

BTW, has an artist's impression of Smithman ever been made or are we to rely solely on the two e-fits which, incidentally, ought to be merged into one composite image?

Offline Montclair

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
Maybe the child couldn't sleep so he took him/her out for a walk to tire him/her out before heading back home.

BTW, has an artist's impression of Smithman ever been made or are we to rely solely on the two e-fits which, incidentally, ought to be merged into one composite image?

In light pyjamas on a cold night? Not likely.

Redblossom

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »

It was a thought, as I saw onthe map 24 hour Medic, Luzdoc, and was on Rua 25 Abril,just round the corner from the Smith sighting. Though we dont know if the man turned left or right onto that road. But thank you for the info.And I guess any night visit would have been flagged up when police asked Smithman to come forward.
eta
http://www.luzdoc.com/LuzDocSiteIngles/servicos.html

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:57:16 AM by Redblossom »

Offline Montclair

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »
It was a thought, as I saw onthe map 24 hour Medic, Luzdoc, and was on Rua 25 Abril,just round the corner from the Smith sighting. Though we dont know if the man turned left or right onto that road. But thank you for the info.And I guess any night visit would have been flagged up when police asked Smithman to come forward.
eta
http://www.luzdoc.com/LuzDocSiteIngles/servicos.html

I looked at the site and see that they do have 24 hour service. The private clinic where I live doesn't do emergencies and most Portuguese would go to the ER anyway

Offline Jacknch

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
In light pyjamas on a cold night? Not likely.

I do see your point Montclair, but I wonder how less likely it would really be than someone else collecting their child from a creche on a cold night in just their pijamas and walking home with them?       

Offline patb

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »
do the satements concerning this sighting confirm that the child was alive at this point? If not, then you have another option to add to your list.