Author Topic: "If the case is re-opened where does Amaral stand"  (Read 15728 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: "If the case is re-opened where does Amaral stand"
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 11:02:35 PM »
Whist,  according to Kate, in her book,  she and Gerry felt differently  :

It may sound odd,  but in some ways we were glad the investigation had been closed

if theres is one thing you should have learnt on this forum is that taking things out of context can change their whole meaning

Benita

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral has always wanted the case reopened. Why are you worried or concerned about what he thinks or what will happen?

not worried at all ..are you ? lol ..im just curious as to where the trial will go arnt you ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 11:11:46 PM »
Possibly

If the case is re-opened it will certainly put paid to the  ' book damaged the search'   claim
Certainly, a fortiori because this request of reopening is an initiative of the  4 PJ officers team who still works in Porto for the sake of SY. It seems they have identified witnesses who weren't investigated or nor enough. They went to the Algarve many times to collect informations that led them to ask the MP to reopen the case in order to investigate formally those witnesses.
This work shouldn't be confused with the work ot the Faro team which has been created to execute the requests of SY through the rogatory mission.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »
It won't be reopened as solely an abduction case. It's be reopened as a missing person case!

that's a statement...do you have anything to support that satement

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 11:15:38 PM »
that's a statement...do you have anything to support that satement

personally - as long as it includes abduction - I wouldn't care.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 11:17:58 PM »
If the case re opens it won't make a shred of difference to the Amaral trial, unless of course Madeleine presents herself in court & is able to quantify the damage his book did to the search for her.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »
a transcript ?
There's not much, Cariad, I've translated the essential. Nobody knows nothing yet, the MP refused to answer and the PJ possibly has deposited a request. They'd have a lead, according to Dâmaso, concerning abduction, but has nothing to do with Smithman apparently nor Bundleman. It's better not to say more. Ah, the Publico article suggests that the Porto team is convinced Madeleine was abducted.
I'm not.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:20:47 PM by AnneGuedes »

Benita

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:26 PM »
Me and my imagination ......what if amaral was the one being set up .

If this case comes to an end id like to think its going to be a positive end and all involved put it down to experience .
Id like to think people would rather a live madeleine than a dead madeleine  just so amarals right .

Smoke screens the lot of it ,being told crap while the real stuff goes on in the background

Smoke screens the lot of it ,being told crap while the real stuff goes on in the background

don't think so though..we been there before so many times and nothing came of it ..hope im wrong and that they are working on something in the background..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:22:31 PM by Benita »

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:36 PM »
From the piece I have translated on the other thread it appears that many of the witnesses are going to be cross-examined whatever that means in this particular context?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »
There's not much, Cariad, I've translated the essential. Nobody knows nothing yet, the MP refused to answer and the PJ possibly has deposited a request. They'd have a lead, according to Dâmaso, concerning abduction. It's better not to say more. Ah, the Publico article suggests that the Porto team is convinced Madeleine was abducted.
I'm not.

lol
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »
There's not much, Cariad, I've translated the essential. Nobody knows nothing yet, the MP refused to answer and the PJ possibly has deposited a request. They'd have a lead, according to Dâmaso, concerning abduction. It's better not to say more. Ah, the Publico article suggests that the Porto team is convinced Madeleine was abducted.
I'm not.

Do you understand that cariad..they have a  lead re an abduction

Offline John

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral has always wanted the case reopened. Why are you worried or concerned about what he thinks or what will happen?

You are close to events Montclair, do you think Dr Amaral will be elated at this development?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Benita

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »
There's not much, Cariad, I've translated the essential. Nobody knows nothing yet, the MP refused to answer and the PJ possibly has deposited a request. They'd have a lead, according to Dâmaso, concerning abduction, but has nothing to do with Smithman apparently nor Bundleman. It's better not to say more. Ah, the Publico article suggests that the Porto team is convinced Madeleine was abducted.
I'm not.

but you don't matter do you its just your opinion anne  8(0(*

drummer

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »
Elated my bottom, it's the last thing he wanted.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:28:20 PM by drummer »

Offline Montclair

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:44 AM »
Elated my bottom, it's the last thing he wanted.

Don't count on it.