Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240747 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2015, 01:14:06 PM »
The Monarchy, many moons ago, handed over vast amounts of Crown Property to The Government in exchange for The Civil List.  This was a Contract which cannot be abnegated.  The Government receives far more income from these Crown Properties than are spent on The Civil List.
So let's get some facts right here.

I wonder how they came to own all that property? Did they work for it? Did they buy it? I think mostly they just grabbed it, didn't they?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
&%+((£ There's no chance right now of getting rid of the royals. But isn't it high time republicans didn't have to hide their opinions? Politicians, governments and people have been wrapping themselves in the flag and appealing to ill-informed 'patriots' for far too long.

What is a Patriot?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »
I wonder how they came to own all that property? Did they work for it? Did they buy it? I think mostly they just grabbed it, didn't they?

If you want to go back to Henry the Eight and what he nicked from the Monasteries, or Elizabeth the First and The Spanish Armada, among other things, then we could be in for a very long discussion.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »
We do have pride in the country, but that pride is looking to it's future, not in constantly celebrating a heavily censored view of the past.

Cameron fetishes the military, just like Blair did, and they do it to assist them in avoiding responsibility for their disastrous actions in Iraq, Libya and other places.
Who is "we"?  There is no future for a Britain that won't defend itself either ideologically, culturally or physically.  Corbyn gives the impression that Britain won't be safe in his hands and people won't like that.

Lyall

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2015, 01:35:35 PM »
Who is "we"?  There is no future for a Britain that won't defend itself either ideologically, culturally or physically.  Corbyn gives the impression that Britain won't be safe in his hands and people won't like that.

"We" is all those you're saying have no pride in the country, including JC. But it is true to say we have no pride in a country that's being run to make the wealthy wealthier, and the poor poorer, as it is currently.

Lyall

« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
What is a Patriot?

Nationalists I should have said. The word "patriots" is too clouded and confused by events and images from the US these days. Thankfully we're not that absurd here yet.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »
"We" is all those you're saying have no pride in the country, including JC. But it is true to say we have no pride in a country that's being run to make the wealthy wealthier, and the poor poorer, as it is currently.
Pride in one's country supersedes politics, or it should do.  It is about the people, the countryside, the culture, the customs, the history, the achievements across many fields of endeavour.  It's a complex alchemy of all of these things. People who turn their back on important British symbols come across as a bit suspect in the eyes of the GBP, and that's a fact that Jeremy really needs to understand if he wants to be PM. 

Lyall

« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
If you want to go back to Henry the Eight and what he nicked from the Monasteries, or Elizabeth the First and The Spanish Armada, among other things, then we could be in for a very long discussion.

And David Starkey might turn up 8)-))) Richard III's biggest fan.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »

You started it. I see it more as a case of giving back, not donating.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Lyall

« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
Pride in one's country supersedes politics, or it should do.  It is about the people, the countryside, the culture, the customs, the history, the achievements across many fields of endeavour.  It's a complex alchemy of all of these things. People who turn their back on important British symbols come across as a bit suspect in the eyes of the GBP, and that's a fact that Jeremy really needs to understand if he wants to be PM.

Symbols? What symbols? The anthem and the royals? You really think they're that important to most British people? I don't.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2015, 01:49:18 PM »
And David Starkey might turn up 8)-))) Richard III's biggest fan.

Would you and I be talking about the same David Starky?

Lyall

« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2015, 01:54:34 PM »
Would you and I be talking about the same David Starky?

%£&)**# I was being ironic.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
You started it. I see it more as a case of giving back, not donating.

I merely pointed out The Facts.  And it wasn't a donation.  It was an exchange of a contract.  The Crown does not receive Benefits.
Personally, if I were The Queen I would ask for it to be given back and then bog off somewhere a jolly sight warmer.  Perhaps you should read "In the Wet" by Neville Shute.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2015, 01:59:39 PM »
%£&)**# I was being ironic.

What else could anyone do with David Starky?  Or perhaps you thought I didn't know what he stands for.  But then even his opinions are only opinions.

Lyall

« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
What else could anyone do with David Starky?  Or perhaps you thought I didn't know what he stands for.  But then even his opinions are only opinions.

I knew you knew, from the time of the reburial and Starkey's TV appearance, when he insulted an author or something. There was much hilarity at the time (for some of us).