Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240609 times)

Lyall

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2015, 05:29:45 PM »
My town was empty the day of Diana's funeral. We walked to a local pub which was empty, just two bar staff hunched over a small radio. Everyone was watching the funeral on TV unless they went to London or Althorp. My daughter went there and there were hundreds lining the motorway. It was quite clear that day and in the preceding days where the nation's sympathy lay, and it was with Diana and her sons, no-one else.

8((()*/ I think so too. Maybe people weren't so involved at the beginning of the week, but by the end it was obvious something immense was going on. Who will ever forget the applause from outside the church being heard after her brother had spoken. The royals didn't like that did they &%&£(+

Lyall

« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2015, 05:33:00 PM »
Obviously it was a big deal to the Monarchy, otherwise they wouldn't have held off as long as they did.  I was critical of the decision not to fly the flag at the time, but distance from the event and a bit of maturity has made me see things slightly differently now.  You can see me however you want to see me, but I can assure you as with many things your vision is somewhat askew.

Yes, it was a big deal to the royals because they were still living in the 19th century (or earlier). Do you agree with that?

To them Tradition was more important than the death, and more important than the people.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
Yes, it was a big deal to the royals because they were still living in the 19th century (or earlier). Do you agree with that?

To them Tradition was more important than the death, and more important than the people.
Sure, but then they're not like you or I - that's what makes them "the Monarchy".  You do know that underneath they're like these giant lizards don't you?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2015, 05:39:11 PM »
I have no strong views either way?  If anything slightly pro royalty.  Watched a prog last night featuring Prince Harry and as far as I am concerned he is a good ambassador for the country as far as these things go:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/battle-of-britain/on-demand/62038-002

I also have no strong views either way. Sometimes I seem to end up supporting a position in a debate due to the strong views of others. I was trying to work out if Harry's going bald yet.  8(>((
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Lyall

« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
Sure, but then they're not like you or I - that's what makes them "the Monarchy".  You do know that underneath they're like these giant lizards don't you?

8)-))) So some say.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2015, 05:39:47 PM »
Here's the thing - I would actually prefer the Royal Family to be completely distant, unapproachable and mysterious, to wear crowns and ermine robes at all times and be able to pass laws and start wars just as in olden times, not riding about on bicycles and calling me "mate" and having Snoop Dog on speed dial.  If you've got to have royalty they should be the real deal.  Let them rule, like totally.   8((()*/

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2015, 05:43:05 PM »
8((()*/ I think so too. Maybe people weren't so involved at the beginning of the week, but by the end it was obvious something immense was going on. Who will ever forget the applause from outside the church being heard after her brother had spoken. The royals didn't like that did they &%&£(+

And Diana's brother is such a fine example of Noblesse Oblige.  I don't think.  I would happily see him stripped of his lands and title.
Perhaps we could have a Referendum on who should go and who should stay.

Lyall

« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »
Here's the thing - I would actually prefer the Royal Family to be completely distant, unapproachable and mysterious, to wear crowns and ermine robes at all times and be able to pass laws and start wars just as in olden times, not riding about on bicycles and calling me "mate" and having Snoop Dog on speed dial.  If you've got to have royalty they should be the real deal.  Let them rule, like totally.   8((()*/

They still do to some extent. We're still in 1688. The City is still a state within a state.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »
They still do to some extent. We're still in 1688. The City is still a state within a state.
What's the City got to do with it??

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »

I'd forgotten about that, I got goose bumps.They were not comfortable that day at all, and no wonder. Do you think people will accept Queen Camilla if the day ever comes, or has it all been forgotten?
Result = happy posting.

Lyall

« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
What's the City got to do with it??

It's actually running the country to some extent.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
It's actually running the country to some extent.
I meant what has it got to do with the Monarchy?

Lyall

« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2015, 05:50:13 PM »
I'd forgotten about that, I got goose bumps.They were not comfortable that day at all, and no wonder. Do you think people will accept Queen Camilla if the day ever comes, or has it all been forgotten?

You'd forgotten about it? @)(++(* That's my point destroyed then.

Queen Camilla? Doubt it.

Lyall

« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2015, 05:50:48 PM »
I meant what has it got to do with the Monarchy?

They're intertwined.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »

How quaint. We could let the aristocracy have free rein too - like Lord Glasgow and the waiter!
Result = happy posting.