Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465181 times)

Online misty

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2016, 03:25:52 AM »
So if no-one had opened the shutter and window, and the child remained laying on the bed, the maximum distance it was possible to fall would have been about 18 inches.

The chest beside the bed would make a normal roll & fall impossible (unless the child's head was positioned further down the bed), therefore probably ruling out a head injury.
In panic circumstances & semi-darkness, it is possible a child would clip its head on the corner of the chest if attempting to leave the bed.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2016, 03:41:59 AM »
The chest beside the bed would make a normal roll & fall impossible (unless the child's head was positioned further down the bed), therefore probably ruling out a head injury.
In panic circumstances & semi-darkness, it is possible a child would clip its head on the corner of the chest if attempting to leave the bed.
If no-one opens shutter and window, and child stays on bed, maximum possible fall distance 18 inches, and fall destination is easily visible.
If someone opens shutter and window, and child runs to another room,  ...?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:46:23 AM by pegasus »

Online misty

« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2016, 03:48:06 AM »
If no-one opens shutter and window, and child stays on bed, maximum possible fall distance 18 inches, and fall destination is easily visible.
If someone opens shutter and window, and child runs to another room,  ...?

Back of the sofa, approx 36".

Offline pegasus

« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2016, 03:51:48 AM »
Back of the sofa, approx 36".
and visibility of fall destination .... ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2016, 08:32:06 AM »
If someone opens shutter and window, and child runs to another room, ...?

If Madeleine runs to another room, would there not be disarray of the bedclothes to show she had left in a hurry ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2016, 08:42:03 AM »
If Madeleine runs to another room, would there not be disarray of the bedclothes to show she had left in a hurry ?

I think so and if she had met with an accident I think an intruder would have left as quickly as possible, without her.  When found lying injured by her parents or their friends I think the alarm would have been raised immediately, they would have assisted as medical practitioners and would have called emergency services immediately.

In neither circumstance would she have been spirited away, particularly as there was absolutely no evidence of disturbance or assault in the apartment.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »
The covers were disarrayed, also she was possibly on top of the covers.

If a 3 yr old child, home unsupervised, at night, parents gone out, sees and hears someone opening their bedroom shutter and window from outside, the child will definitely run urgently to another room.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:30:41 PM by pegasus »

Online misty

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2016, 09:14:26 PM »
and visibility of fall destination .... ?

Child would not climb on top of sofa if intention was to hide behind it.  Young children tend to stay low to hide, so there would be little risk of injury.

stephen25000

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2016, 09:15:50 PM »
Child would not climb on top of sofa if intention was to hide behind it.  Young children tend to stay low to hide, so there would be little risk of injury.

You haven't been around much, have you. &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Online misty

« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »
You haven't been around much, have you. &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Would you rephrase that, please, into a context I can understand?

stephen25000

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2016, 09:48:06 PM »
Would you rephrase that, please, into a context I can understand?

So have you been grabbed by the algorithms then ? @)(++(* @)(++(*

Online misty

« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »
So have you been grabbed by the algorithms then ? @)(++(* @)(++(*

Not when I last checked, approx 30 mins ago. 8)--))

stephen25000

« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »
Not when I last checked, approx 30 mins ago. 8)--))

Down Mexico way I presume. *&*%£

Online misty

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »
Down Mexico way I presume. *&*%£

Good grief, no. North of the border.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2016, 12:19:31 AM »
Behind the right end of the sofa is a likely place to hide, because it is next to the only light left on, when the parents went out for a meal.
However, what if a burglar opened the child bedroom shutter and window, child ran away from that into lounge, and heard the chat just beneath the lounge window, and tried to signal for help?