Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465120 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2016, 05:06:35 PM »
No doubt it was done, but is there any mention of beds being moved and lifted  to ensure that she was concealed under or inside of them?

My children did a bunk on one occasion.  On discovering them missing from their beds I found them curled up fast asleep in the linen cupboard.  They had been watching a documentary on dust mites and decided they weren't sleeping in beds crawling with these creatures ... so the linen cupboard???

I found them quite quickly ... but believe me, the adrenalin rush on finding one's children gone would have ensured there was not one centimetre of of the house that would have remained unchecked to find them.

Even if there was no mention of a thorough search of 5A taking place ... I have no doubt a systematic search would be conducted.

All you have to do to confirm that is to think what your own reaction would be if you were searching for a missing child.  Nor should it be forgotten that there were trained observers taking part in the search.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2016, 05:08:08 PM »
England, 2014, a 3-year old child disappears - 30 police officers and many volunteers and a police helicopter launch a full-scale search, 3 hours later it's dark and the child still has not been found.

What sort of terrain was the child eventually found in?
Which equipment on the search helicopter located the child?
How many miles did the child walk in 3 and a half hours?

ETA this was a real case in Cambridgeshire in Feb 2014.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:34:37 AM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »
Sparsely furnished with 4 beds 2 cots 2 chests of drawers 3 coffee tables 1 telly 1 fully fitted kitchen 1 complete set of patio furniture 1 sideboard 1 dining table 6 dining chairs 1 complete bathroom suite 1 cane chair 2 sofas and 4 built in wardrobes?

It isn't the average family home though is it Pegasus, where there are numerous places for concealment. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »
Why Am I not allowed to ask Pegasus where he or she thinks Madeleine was hidden or hiding, and why am I not allowed to express an opinion about his or her theory? If this post is deleted without explanation would you also kindly once and for all delete this account permanently.  There is no point continuing to post on a forum where one is censored for no good reason.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2016, 09:19:58 PM »
Why Am I not allowed to ask Pegasus where he or she thinks Madeleine was hidden or hiding, and why am I not allowed to express an opinion about his or her theory? If this post is deleted without explanation would you also kindly once and for all delete this account permanently.  There is no point continuing to post on a forum where one is censored for no good reason.
Not claiming it happened and it does sound unlikely, just going back to square one without assumptions that's all.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »

I entirely agree with what you are saying.  Please do not allow one biased person to dictate whether or not you continue to post on this forum.
I rather think he/she would consider that "job well done" 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2016, 09:31:42 PM »
My children did a bunk on one occasion.  On discovering them missing from their beds I found them curled up fast asleep in the linen cupboard.  They had been watching a documentary on dust mites and decided they weren't sleeping in beds crawling with these creatures ... so the linen cupboard???

I found them quite quickly ... but believe me, the adrenalin rush on finding one's children gone would have ensured there was not one centimetre of of the house that would have remained unchecked to find them.

Even if there was no mention of a thorough search of 5A taking place ... I have no doubt a systematic search would be conducted.

All you have to do to confirm that is to think what your own reaction would be if you were searching for a missing child.  Nor should it be forgotten that there were trained observers taking part in the search.
Interesting Brietts thankyou. The interior search in PDL was psychologically conditioned from the start by the fact that a window was found open.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2016, 09:54:28 PM »
Interesting Brietts thankyou. The interior search in PDL was psychologically conditioned from the start by the fact that a window was found open.

How do you know? The police didn't really take much notice of the assertion about the window I thought.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2016, 12:50:56 AM »

Was it conditioned in favour of preserving a potential crime scene or preventing multiple complete searches for a child in a limited space?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »
Was it conditioned in favour of preserving a potential crime scene or preventing multiple complete searches for a child in a limited space?
The knowledge that the window had been opened by a stranger automatically created a strong assumption, in the minds of the very few people who actually did search inside the apartment, that the child had been taken by whatever stranger had opened the window. This reduced the inside search to a less than complete one IMO.
Similar psychology happened in the Cambs case I mentioned - a possible witness indicating the front door created a strong subconscious psychological assumption of an exit direction, which greatly influenced where was searched fully, and where wasn't .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:27:16 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2016, 01:35:39 AM »
The knowledge that the window had been opened by a stranger automatically created a strong assumption, in the minds of the very few people who actually did search inside the apartment, that the child had been taken by whatever stranger had opened the window. This reduced the inside search to a less than complete one IMO.
Similar psychology happened in the Cambs case I mentioned - a possible witness indicating the front door created a strong subconscious psychological assumption of an exit direction, which greatly influenced where was searched fully, and where wasn't .

I don't suppose the fact that the mother involved in the Cambs case had 6 other children (no father mentioned) posed any sort of distraction either?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2016, 01:45:15 AM »
I don't suppose the fact that the mother involved in the Cambs case had 6 other children (no father mentioned) posed any sort of distraction either?
In the Cambs case what about all the relatives and friends who also searched, and the 30 police officers Misty?
Didn't they have any undercounter detectives?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:53:41 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2016, 01:59:40 AM »
In the Cambs case what about all the relatives and friends who also searched, and the 30 police officers Misty?
Didn't they have any undercounter detectives?

Obviously not, Pegasus. The rule is - you start in the middle & work out. The police have a lot to answer for - just as in Madeleine's case - they are in control from the moment they arrive on the scene. Is police training really that bad?
"Family" probably meant her other children.
The mother had been upstairs. The 3 & 4 year old were downstairs. The 3 year old who went missing was still in his pyjamas at 3pm so I suspect it was a chaotic household. There were very few hiding places in 5a, though.
Why don't you just go with the abduction theory - all the pieces fit that scenario. It really is the only explanation.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2016, 02:20:38 AM »
Obviously not, Pegasus. The rule is - you start in the middle & work out. The police have a lot to answer for - just as in Madeleine's case - they are in control from the moment they arrive on the scene. Is police training really that bad?
"Family" probably meant her other children.
The mother had been upstairs. The 3 & 4 year old were downstairs. The 3 year old who went missing was still in his pyjamas at 3pm so I suspect it was a chaotic household. There were very few hiding places in 5a, though.
Why don't you just go with the abduction theory - all the pieces fit that scenario. It really is the only explanation.
The fact that officers were standing in the kitchen about one metre away from the child and didn't find him is complete confirmation that as soon as there is an assumption a missing child has exited a residence, all commonsense and logic goes down the plughole, and the internal search is almost guaranteed to be incomplete.
http://dailym.ai/1UONTEi
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:47:40 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2016, 03:16:54 AM »
North Carolina, 4-yr-old boy reported missing, police search apartment, find nothing, issue an Amber Alert, then child is found 5 hours later in a wardrobe asleep under a pile of clothes
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:19:57 AM by pegasus »