Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1479760 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #540 on: May 04, 2016, 04:38:51 PM »
@Eleanor so your scenario would be: a stranger enters the apartment through a door, and the child remains asleep, then GM enters, and the stranger hides somewhere in the apartment, then GM leaves, then the stranger opens the shutter and window from inside?

Yes.  This has always been my opinion.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #541 on: May 04, 2016, 05:39:09 PM »
Yes.  This has always been my opinion.

I think the intruder entered via the door and exited the same way.  The window was opened as an escape route or to pass Madeleine through to an accomplice, who I think was the person seen by Jane Tanner walking briskly away from the scene.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #542 on: May 04, 2016, 05:52:37 PM »
I think the intruder entered via the door and exited the same way.  The window was opened as an escape route or to pass Madeleine through to an accomplice, who I think was the person seen by Jane Tanner walking briskly away from the scene.

This is what I think.  The child seen by Jane Tanner was facing the opposite way to which she would have been picked up from her bed, so obviously passed to someone else, who then took off, carrying her in a most uncomfortable fashion.
Changing the way of carrying would have easily been done, once out of sight.
And Yes, I do think that Madeleine was sedated with something like Chloroform, easily reapplied with a pad in a plastic bag, in a pocket.

I have Googled "Making Chloroform from Household Products" enough times to get arrested myself.  It is easily done, and doesn't smell if done correctly.

I would be looking at people connected to Brazil to suggest where Madeleine could well have finished up.  Try finding a lost child in Brazil, let alone extradition.  Portuguese speaking, by the way.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #543 on: May 04, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »
And of course if you wanted a child and were prepared to pay...you may well want one with good genes...the daughter of two doctors would do just nicely

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #544 on: May 04, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
And of course if you wanted a child and were prepared to pay...you may well want one with good genes...the daughter of two doctors would do just nicely

That is precisely what they would want.  Although God knows what the going rate is.  But it would have been a lot of money to a bunch of misfits in Praia da Luz.

Even the resort itself would suggest a child of relatively intelligent parents if Madeleine wasn't the precise target.

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #545 on: May 04, 2016, 06:25:59 PM »
Interesting actually..though I do think if the window had been opened after Gerry left..he, Jez or Jane would probably have noticed it.

So if this is what both Eleanor and Brietta think happened..what do you make of SY 'finding' Tannerman after all this time? I have always thought it was bollocks..and it seems we may agree on something if you do believe the man Tanner saw was an abductor?

Offline jassi

« Reply #546 on: May 04, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »
Interesting actually..though I do think if the window had been opened after Gerry left..he, Jez or Jane would probably have noticed it.

So if this is what both Eleanor and Brietta think happened..what do you make of SY 'finding' Tannerman after all this time? I have always thought it was bollocks..and it seems we may agree on something if you do believe the man Tanner saw was an abductor?

Not sure about that. It was round the corner from where G & J were standing, even though they can't agree exactly where that was.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #547 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:27 PM »

Neither Jez or Gerry would have been called upon to notice.  These shutter don't actually make a noise, otherwise I would be aware of it on a daily basis, which I am not.
Oh, and I raise and close shutters on a Holiday House, and they hardly make a sound.

Jane Tanner won't have been looking in that direction.  Why should she?  In the dark.  Look at the car park and the entrance to other apartments.

I would not go so far as to say that SY were talking bollox, but anyone with a thinking brain was bound to question that anyone coming from The Night Creche would have been walking in that direction, and carrying a child in that uncomfortable fashion for so long.

But I am not going to add to speculation that SY were trying to confuse the issue in an attempt to hide what they really know.

I honestly think that Scotland Yard didn't know the location as well as we all do.  We had all been at it for four years before they came along.

Yes, I do believe that the man Jane Tanner saw was one of the Abductors.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #548 on: May 04, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »

Not sure about that. It was round the corner from where G & J were standing, even though they can't agree exactly where that was.

Gerry and Jez wouldn't have heard the shutters going up.  I never hear those of my immediate neighbours.  And it takes seconds to do.

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #549 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
I just never understood the whole tannerman has been living under a rock and finally found out that the world has been looking for him for 7 years...and look he even knows exactly what he and his child were wearing that night AND still has them! spiel  @)(++(*

Reason for 'lying'..I can't see one though...its slightly odd

Offline jassi

« Reply #550 on: May 04, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »
I just never understood the whole tannerman has been living under a rock and finally found out that the world has been looking for him for 7 years...and look he even knows exactly what he and his child were wearing that night AND still has them! spiel  @)(++(*

Crecheman has never said anything openly - all we have is what OP claim he said.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #551 on: May 04, 2016, 07:02:17 PM »

Quite possibly he thought he might be of some use.  But he always was on The Night Creche Register.  What Scotland Yard decided to do with the information at that late stage is only for them to explain.  Which they almost certainly won't.

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #552 on: May 04, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »
Quite possibly he thought he might be of some use.  But he always was on The Night Creche Register.  What Scotland Yard decided to do with the information at that late stage is only for them to explain. Which they almost certainly won't.
Well no, we can't expect them to explain everything they do. I just cannot understand how they can effectively eliminate the guy Jane thought she saw...on nothing. I mean, he was going the wrong way even for where he was meant to be coming from :S

Offline jassi

« Reply #553 on: May 04, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
Well no, we can't expect them to explain everything they do. I just cannot understand how they can effectively eliminate the guy Jane thought she saw...on nothing. I mean, he was going the wrong way even for where he was meant to be coming from :S

My interpretation is that by identifying  Tannerman as Crecheman, a bona fidi parent, they have managed to eliminate  Tannerman as an abductor without openly rubbishing Jane's statements.

Or maybe not -

Offline ChloeR

« Reply #554 on: May 04, 2016, 07:22:37 PM »
My interpretation is that by identifying  Tannerman as Crecheman, a bona fidi parent, they have managed to eliminate  Tannerman as an abductor without openly rubbishing Jane's statements.
What would be the need in this though? That comes across a bit like they think shes talking rubbish but don't want to say so so lets create this guy out of thin air to get rid of the focus on him? Sorry if I'm understanding this wrong.