Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464872 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #810 on: May 26, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
Did the pensioner go missing following this hypothetical incident?
In cases were a resident has a serious health event after disturbing a burglar and after the burglar has fled, the resident is normally found straight away because they are in a visible location.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:23:47 PM by pegasus »

Offline jassi

« Reply #811 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »
Of course, but as this didn't happen, perhaps not such a good analogy. There is a missing child to explain. A dead pensioner doesn't come near.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #812 on: May 26, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »
You were left with egg on your face with that one first time round ... were I you I would either acknowledge error or I would stop drawing attention to it.

Despite slavish adherence to Mr Amaral's thesis regarding what happened to Madeleine on 3rd May 2007 ... I have never seen anyone going into great detail to show exactly how it was accomplished, which shows that there is no rational which supports it.

There is actually a lot of evidence pointing towards the reality of abduction.  Starting with Madeleine's absence ... and continuing to the PJ and SY actively investigating abduction.

'.. I have never seen anyone going into great detail to show exactly how it was accomplished, which shows that there is no rational which supports it...'

Rubbish.

The forum owner would not permit that on here, for risk of 'libel'.

..and we know how much the mccanns like that word, don't we.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #813 on: May 26, 2016, 04:37:16 PM »
'.. I have never seen anyone going into great detail to show exactly how it was accomplished, which shows that there is no rational which supports it...'

Rubbish.

The forum owner would not permit that on here, for risk of 'libel'.

..and we know how much the mccanns like that word, don't we.
There are ways of phrasing ideas that explore possibilities without wandering into the libel zone.  And if it is better kept from Google, there is the members-only area.

Unless I am missing something major, Mr Amaral has never got near to explaining the logistics of his theory, with regards to what happened after Madeleine supposedly had an accident.

And that, in fact, is why I would advise the McCanns to allow the book to be published in the UK.  The book 'suggests' various logistical solutions that, frankly, are hilarious.

My favourite is the secret tunnels under Luz one.  The children of Luz allegedly use these to get to the sea, for some reason not using the roads or pavements.  Then, somehow, the tunnels seem to be forgotten as the children grow into adults, thus becoming secret, though presumably the next generation of children mysteriously is aware of them.

If the reader of the book just thinks about this idea, how did Gerry McCann, an adult, and one who did not grow up in Luz, know of them?  And how did Mr Amaral, an adult, and one who did not grow up in Luz, know about them?  And if Mr Amaral knew of these, why were they not searched during Mr Amaral's time in charge?  Why were the dogs not deployed in them?

Getting the book banned in the UK increases its appeal to those who think it must be damaging to the McCanns.  Whereas that book is such a soft target, that publishing it and exposing the weakness of its content, would show it adds very little to the case.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

« Reply #814 on: May 26, 2016, 04:46:52 PM »
There are ways of phrasing ideas that explore possibilities without wandering into the libel zone.  And if it is better kept from Google, there is the members-only area.

Unless I am missing something major, Mr Amaral has never got near to explaining the logistics of his theory, with regards to what happened after Madeleine supposedly had an accident.

And that, in fact, is why I would advise the McCanns to allow the book to be published in the UK.  The book 'suggests' various logistical solutions that, frankly, are hilarious.

My favourite is the secret tunnels under Luz one.  The children of Luz allegedly use these to get to the sea, for some reason not using the roads or pavements.  Then, somehow, the tunnels seem to be forgotten as the children grow into adults, thus becoming secret, though presumably the next generation of children mysteriously is aware of them.

If the reader of the book just thinks about this idea, how did Gerry McCann, an adult, and one who did not grow up in Luz, know of them?  And how did Mr Amaral, an adult, and one who did not grow up in Luz, know about them?  And if Mr Amaral knew of these, why were they not searched during Mr Amaral's time in charge?  Why were the dogs not deployed in them?

Getting the book banned in the UK increases its appeal to those who think it must be damaging to the McCanns.  Whereas that book is such a soft target, that publishing it and exposing the weakness of its content, would show it adds very little to the case.

I have said before Luz, I don't hold with all of Amaral's views and I have said he made mistakes.

I do not know the area so I can't comment on 'tunnels'.

If you don't mind me asking , how long have you lived there. I do understand if you don't wish to answer.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:01:24 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #815 on: May 26, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »
I have said before Luz, I don't hold with all of Amaral's views and I have said he made mistakes.

I do not know the area so I can't comment on that.

If you don't mind me asking , how long have you lived there. I do understand if you don't wish to answer.
About 4 years now.

Please note, an awful lot of what I know about Luz was gathered solely because I became interested in the case (around the time of the OG dig).  Otherwise, frankly, I wouldn't have an inkling about the most of the workings of Luz.

It's a combination of free time, an interest in the case, and the ability to wander into Luz to check small but important details.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

« Reply #816 on: May 26, 2016, 05:08:05 PM »
About 4 years now.

Please note, an awful lot of what I know about Luz was gathered solely because I became interested in the case (around the time of the OG dig).  Otherwise, frankly, I wouldn't have an inkling about the most of the workings of Luz.

It's a combination of free time, an interest in the case, and the ability to wander into Luz to check small but important details.

Thanks for that.

I am going to the AlGarve on  holiday in  2018.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #817 on: May 26, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »

That would have to be about the worst piece of advice the McCanns have ever been given.....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #818 on: May 26, 2016, 07:31:31 PM »
That would have to be about the worst piece of advice the McCanns have ever been given.....
Hardly given to the McCanns, or their friends, unless you believe they read this forum.  I don't.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #819 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:02 PM »
Hardly given to the McCanns, or their friends, unless you believe they read this forum.  I don't.

Have you not heard of 'Monitor Mickey'?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #820 on: May 26, 2016, 07:36:31 PM »

Semantics
It is a totally ridiculous suggestion
Would you want to allow amaral to appear on TVs to spread his lies too

stephen25000

« Reply #821 on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:35 PM »
Have you not heard of 'Monitor Mickey'?

Is he a (w)right one ? %£5&%

Offline jassi

« Reply #822 on: May 26, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
Is he a (w)right one ? %£5&%

Nah, he's definitely a wrong 'un 

Or maybe not -

stephen25000

« Reply #823 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »
Nah, he's definitely a wrong 'un

...and remember Jassi , one of the purely 'imaginary' people 'monitoring' the 'net on behalf of the mccanns.

8(>((

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #824 on: May 26, 2016, 07:44:24 PM »
...and remember Jassi , one of the purely 'imaginary' people 'monitoring' the 'net on behalf of the mccanns.

8(>((

Not imaginary according to Levenson