Author Topic: The Calpol claim revisited.  (Read 49055 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The Calpol claim revisited.
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »
Cite for music playing in the Tapas Bar, please.

One supporter has claimed the patio door was unlocked so Madeleine could shout to her parents.

So why didn't Kate shout from the patio?

I think it's quite simple to understand why Kate didn't shout from the balcony.... Because although  they would have heard her shouting they may not have understood exactly what she was saying... In her book she says, as soon ad they we're in sight... She shouted to them Maddies gone.... No mystery afaiac

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »
Who knows and what difference does it make?  Will the answer help you find Madeleine?
Yes.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2018, 09:26:31 PM »
Yes.

Could you explain how the answer will help YOU find Madeleine as you have claimed ...do you expect to find Madeleine

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2018, 09:47:53 PM »
Could you explain how the answer will help YOU find Madeleine as you have claimed ...do you expect to find Madeleine
No I don't, nor did I claim that I would.

Kindly stop altering MY posts.  After all, they are MINE.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
No I don't, nor did I claim that I would.

Kindly stop altering MY posts.  After all, they are MINE.

Which post do you THINK I have altered.......

Who knows and what difference does it make?  Will the answer help you find Madeleine?

your reply was YES......so how will it help YOU find Madeleine

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2018, 10:47:23 PM »
Yes.
Don’t be silly, of course it won’t.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2018, 11:25:45 PM »
Cite for music playing in the Tapas Bar, please.

One supporter has claimed the patio door was unlocked so Madeleine could shout to her parents.

So why didn't Kate shout from the patio?
Written by someone who was holidaying there the week before Madeleine disappeared.....

http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2007/05/my_experience_o.html

*snipped*
The McCanns opted instead to eat 40-50m from their apartment, not much more than a pool’s width away. They hoped it would be just close enough to hear a crying baby but with bar music playing and restaurant hubbub, it wasn’t close enough to hear what happened to Madeleine that night.

Offline sadie

« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2018, 01:08:10 AM »
I humbly beg to differ Sadie.  The patio could be seen vaguely in the dark from the tapas but the door was impossible to see even in daylight.

1)  Why did you chose a shot from the Bar, when thay ate in the Restaurant ?  That is not the view from the Restaurant

2)  Why did you show an image taken when the bushes needed pruning?   I have already explained just how rapidly the foliage grows in the western Algarve with the rain coming in from the west and the sunshine /heat.  The bushes had just been cut back the week that Kate and Gerry were there

When the bushes / hedges were long, yes, they would hve obscured the view.  But with them trimmed back the view of the patio doors was excellent.

And now a photo shown from outside the patio doors in the reverse direction towards the Tapas restaurant.     Unfortunately the bushes are not pruned right back as at the time that Madeleine vanished, so the view at that time would have been much better.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/sitebuilderpictures/notwviewfrompatio.jpg

See the blue bit in the upper middle of the photo?  Well that is the swimming pool.  Immediately behind there are two adjoining white buildings with huge windows.  The Mccanns sat in the RH white building; we sat in the middle of the LH white building.  Despite what it looks like, the two buildings were actually one ... it just looks like two.

We were lucky, it was about 3 years on from Madeleine vanishing, and the bushes must have been bigger .... BUT they had been recently pruned and our view of the patio windows was excellent

Photographs can be deceptive.  As can be acurately checked on Google Earth, the distance from the Tapas restaurant to 5A patio is 50 metres; It looks much further.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2018, 01:11:26 AM »
1)  Why did you chose a shot from the Bar, when thay ate in the Restaurant ?  That is not the view from the Restaurant

2)  Why did you show an image taken when the bushes needed pruning?   I have already explained just how rapidly the foliage grows in the western Algarve with the rain coming in from the west and the sunshine /heat.  The bushes had just been cut back the week that Kate and Gerry were there

When the bushes / hedges were long, yes, they would hve obscured the view.  But with them trimmed back the view of the patio doors was excellent.

And now a photo shown from outside the patio doors in the reverse direction towards the Tapas restaurant.     Unfortunately the bushes are not pruned right back as at the time that Madeleine vanished, so the view at that time would have been much better.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/sitebuilderpictures/notwviewfrompatio.jpg

See the blue bit in the upper middle of the photo?  Well that is the swimming pool.  Immediately behind there are two adjoining white buildings with huge windows.  The Mccanns sat in the RH white building; we sat in the middle of the LH white building.  Despite what it looks like, the two buildings were actually one ... it just looks like two.

We were lucky, it was about 3 years on from Madeleine vanishing, and the bushes must have been bigger .... BUT they had been recently pruned and our view of the patio windows was excellent

Photographs can be deceptive.  As can be acurately checked on Google Earth, the distance from the Tapas restaurant to 5A patio is 50 metres; It looks much further.

Cite for the bushes being pruned back just before the McCann’s arrival please ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2018, 01:14:50 AM »
I humbly beg to differ Sadie.  The patio could be seen vaguely in the dark from the tapas but the door was impossible to see even in daylight.

On a sunny day:
The lighting in the photograph that you show is the opposite of the lighting in the evening after dark.  In the sunlight, the patio area is in shadow in contrast to the bright sunlit exterior.

After dark:
The patio area is illuminated by the street lamp opposite in contrast to the dark exterior.

The patio area stands out in the dark.

ETA:  The photo appears to have been taken from below normal sitting eye level.  I wonder why ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2018, 01:23:16 AM »
Cite for the bushes being pruned back just before the McCann’s arrival please ?
It has been done before Faith.

It would have been a good idea to have read what you opponents said in earlier posts.

PS if you truly cannot remember it, then I suggest that you look at Kate and Gerrys statements, cos I think that they mentioned it ... maybe others did too

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:42 AM »
On a sunny day:
The lighting in the photograph that you show is the opposite of the lighting in the evening after dark.  In the sunlight, the patio area is in shadow in contrast to the bright sunlit exterior.

After dark:
The patio area is illuminated by the street lamp opposite in contrast to the dark exterior.

The patio area stands out in the dark.

ETA:  The photo appears to have been taken from below normal sitting eye level.  I wonder why ?

You’ve made this claim about the bushes being pruned several times before yet fail to provide a cite. Why ?  Why do you want to convince people that you could see more of the patio than you actually could ? There must be a reason.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2018, 02:09:57 AM »
You’ve made this claim about the bushes being pruned several times before yet fail to provide a cite. Why ?  Why do you want to convince people that you could see more of the patio than you actually could ? There must be a reason.
Yes, Cos it is the truth that I could see most of the patio doors.  Why should I allow someone who hasn't been there and seen, try and turn me into a liar?  And only based on photographs from the wrong angle and photographs when the bushes were long.

It has been gone over before Faith .... and you have been around almost for ever, so you have seen it mentioned ... even if you have closed your mind to it.

I am not wasting any more of my limited time on searching for proofs that you should (had you been bothered) have seen before.

Soz

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2018, 08:13:35 AM »
Yes, Cos it is the truth that I could see most of the patio doors.  Why should I allow someone who hasn't been there and seen, try and turn me into a liar?  And only based on photographs from the wrong angle and photographs when the bushes were long.

It has been gone over before Faith .... and you have been around almost for ever, so you have seen it mentioned ... even if you have closed your mind to it.

I am not wasting any more of my limited time on searching for proofs that you should (had you been bothered) have seen before.

Soz

So you don’t have a cite?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline barrier

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2018, 08:22:12 AM »
Written by someone who was holidaying there the week before Madeleine disappeared.....

http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2007/05/my_experience_o.html

*snipped*
The McCanns opted instead to eat 40-50m from their apartment, not much more than a pool’s width away. They hoped it would be just close enough to hear a crying baby but with bar music playing and restaurant hubbub, it wasn’t close enough to hear what happened to Madeleine that night.
Blooming heck its mystic Meg knowing what happened a week before the event.
This is a cite of some substance?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:24:28 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.