Author Topic: Threatening letter sent to Scots author Paul Harrison ahead of book release.  (Read 45518 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

It makes no sense to me why Paul Harrison hasn't insisted that this matter is treated with the seriousness that it deserves.  Surely the police and prison authorities have to get involved.  Why and how have the media become involved but not the police and prison authorities?  It cannot be surely that an author is receiving threats (to his life) in roundabout way, with involvement from a Cat A prisoner, which appears in a Sunday newspaper and yet the police and prison authorities are not involved  &%+((£  Or not that we know of!

It seems strange that all this has come about after a recent spat on Blue involving Caroline, Jackie, NGB and Paul Harrison  &%+((£

I get the feeling someone has opened a real can of worms here!  And there's going to be some serious repercussions!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline John

It makes no sense to me why Paul Harrison hasn't insisted that this matter is treated with the seriousness that it deserves.  Surely the police and prison authorities have to get involved.  Why and how have the media become involved but not the police and prison authorities?  It cannot be surely that an author is receiving threats (to his life) in roundabout way, with involvement from a Cat A prisoner, which appears in a Sunday newspaper and yet the police and prison authorities are not involved  &%+((£  Or not that we know of!

It seems strange that all this has come about after a recent spat on Blue involving Caroline, Jackie, NGB and Paul Harrison  &%+((£

I get the feeling someone has opened a real can of worms here!  And there's going to be some serious repercussions!

I agree Holly, death threats are a serious matter but Harrison does not seem to be perturbed.  Maybe he feels that living on the Orkney Island of Sanday is sufficient protection from any deluded salesagent.  That said though, he did admit to having discussed the threat with a contact at Police Scotland and they are duty bound to investigate all such threats.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:27:13 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

I agree Holly, death threats are a serious matter but Harrison does not seem to be perturbed.  Maybe he feels that living on the Orkney Island of Sanday is sufficient protection from any deluded salesagent.  That said though, he did admit to having discussed the threat with a contact at Police Scotland and they are duty bound to investigate all such threats.

But discussing with a 'contact' is not the same as making a formal complaint.  And anything of this nature involving a Cat A prisoner should surely be treated with the utmost seriousness?  I don't think JB had any involvement in it whatsoever nevertheless as he's a Cat A prisoner and it involves a death threat surely the police and prison authorities are duty bound to investigate?

...... seems the obvious candidate based on her history but would she really be so silly as to get involved in something like this? 

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:29:13 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

Btw Birthday Boy you should be donning your glad rags and celebrating  8((()*/

Offline sika

But discussing with a 'contact' is not the same as making a formal complaint.  And anything of this nature involving a Cat A prisoner should surely be treated with the utmost seriousness?  I don't think JB had any involvement in it whatsoever nevertheless as he's a Cat A prisoner and it involves a death threat surely the police and prison authorities are duty bound to investigate?

....... seems the obvious candidate based on her history but would she really be so silly as to get involved in something like this?
Erm.......yes!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:29:35 PM by John »

Offline Andrea

Well, well, well! How about that eh!

Bamber has some real nutters as supporters, christ! who needs enemies when you have supporters like that.

I cant wait to read this book by the way, hopefully, he will amend some of it and mention the stick hes had over it.

He should go to the Police, there will be a way they can track down the 'Author', even Typewriters leave distinctive marks which can set them apart from others, people have typed things believing it will give them anonymity but they were wrong. They were caught.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:53:35 PM by Andrea »

Offline Holly Goodhead

I thought it might be an idea to remind ourselves of a previous post made by author Paul Harrison (assuming he made it) on the Blue forum:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4931.msg208674.html#msg208674

In the above post he states:

"Anyway, to put matters straight, my book has been delayed because I have had to report certain legal matters to the proper authorities for investigation, and yes, the publication of the book has been put back due to legal matters. I'm duty bound to adhere to the law and my book contract, so cannot discuss content on a public forum"

So given his stance above ie "I have had to report certain legal matters to the proper authorities for investigation" I would of thought the proper way to deal with a death (?) threat sent to his home address was via the police and prison authorities and not Ben Borland, journalist at the Scottish Express?  &%+((£

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:48:32 PM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline John

A valid question would be why bother to pass this story to the Scottish Express in the first place?  Another would be was he paid for the story?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sika

Just a thought......who was it that claimed to be in Witham, ESSEX the other week? May they have stopped by a postbox?  8)--))

Offline Holly Goodhead

Thinking further about MD's post that I retrieved above and below:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4931.msg208674.html#msg208674

He states in his post:

"The average person in the street would and could, sensibly reason why, when a man, by 10-2, has been found guilty of mass murder, some people spend much of their lives trying to reinforce that guilt, it is somewhat questionable behaviour"!

I take everything and everyone connected to the Bamber case with a very large pinch of salt so perhaps can't read too much into this but I thought MD had now stumbled across the 'smoking gun' in the course of research for his book?  This being the case he seems to be implying above why bother to reinforce guilt when a man has been found guilty by 10-2.  Fair enough.  So why then is MD bothering with a book?  Or does he think there's a difference between a bunch of mainly lay people on forums debating the case and an author producing a book? 

Offline Andrea

How many books have been published about the |Yorkshire Ripper or the Moors Murders?

Its absolute bollocks to suggest that books shouldnt be written about criminals already convicted of a crime. There is a big interest in true crime books, they sell pretty well. I have all the books written on Bamber, i also have a lot of books that have been written about the Ripper, including some rare out of print ones.

True crime is an interesting subject, and will continue to sell well.

Offline adam

Whatever way this is looked at, it is bad for Jeremy.

Either he has found out the book is highlighting his guilt, which is what the Express article said. So has taken steps to try to prevent publication by instructing supporters to take steps.

Or one of his supporters. Probably in the publishing business has seen a rough draft of the book. And has contacted Harrison.

It certainly puts his supporters in a bad light. And perhaps Jeremy as well.

Offline Andrea

Hello, Adam.

Nice to see you here. I dont think Bamber had anything to do with sending the letter, he probably had no idea about it.

I think its a supporter that sent it. Thats just my opinion, some of them have been known to stoop to low levels, bordering on desperation at times. I dont suppose we will ever find out all one can do is speculate, and thats what everyone is doing.

Offline Holly Goodhead

How many books have been published about the |Yorkshire Ripper or the Moors Murders?

Its absolute bollocks to suggest that books shouldnt be written about criminals already convicted of a crime. There is a big interest in true crime books, they sell pretty well. I have all the books written on Bamber, i also have a lot of books that have been written about the Ripper, including some rare out of print ones.

True crime is an interesting subject, and will continue to sell well.

True crime is the most popular genre.  Tim recently recommended that I listened to some youtube interviews with Ted Bundy which I did.  This then led me to Jeffery Dahmer.  They were scarey as they both sounded so 'normal' and the crimes of the richter scale.  I will dig out the one with Dahmer and his parents.

I always found PH cryptic.  Perhaps I've misunderstood the message he was endeavouring to convey.

Offline adam

Hello, Adam.

Nice to see you here. I dont think Bamber had anything to do with sending the letter, he probably had no idea about it.

I think its a supporter that sent it. Thats just my opinion, some of them have been known to stoop to low levels, bordering on desperation at times. I dont suppose we will ever find out all one can do is speculate, and thats what everyone is doing.

Thanks.

I wonder why they would stoop to such low levels ?

If Bamber is innocent surely books would show this. If not, the supporters should accept his guilt.

I understand Bamber is engaging with Harrison on the book. Bamber will know from his experience with Wilkes that does not guarantee a favourable book. He may have realised this and the direction the book is going. So used his influence to pressurise Harrison.