Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 111949 times)

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:18:51 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #663 on: May 16, 2020, 12:06:05 AM »
Comment in the Guardian.

‘ I'm a conservative.

And during a pandemic which will be on the scale of Spanish 'flu of 1918/19, I not only need the government to enforce a proper lock-down, I expect them to.

It is not a party-political issue to describe our governments response as lack-lustre, when their inaction has caused more deaths than the Blitz in 1940/41.

As things stand at the moment, going into lock-down just one week earlier than we did would mean we'd only have had a quarter of the deaths we've in fact had. As of today that is the difference between about 48,000 and 12,000, or 36,000. By some estimates the casualties during the Blitz were around 32,000.

I'd like to suggest a campaign slogan for the next election:

Boris Johnson: the man who killed more civilians in the UK than Hermann Goring.’

If you didn’t laugh you’d cry.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #664 on: May 16, 2020, 09:02:16 AM »

I whole heartedly disagree with enforcing an endless lock down & collapsing the economy in the process, just because a few people died of a slightly bad cold.

I continue to see support for  a never ending lock down on social media, with parents saying they wont send their children to school until there are no more cases or a vaccine. As I understand it, the child mortality rate for this little flu is almost nonexistent. I hope the government heavily fine parents who refuse to send their little shits back into education.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #665 on: May 16, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »
The teaching unions are putting their own interests above those of the interests of the nation’s children which isn’t surprising as, being lefties, nothing matters more to them than their own political point-scoring.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #666 on: May 16, 2020, 09:37:17 AM »
The teaching unions are putting their own interests above those of the interests of the nation’s children which isn’t surprising as, being lefties, nothing matters more to them than their own political point-scoring.  IMO.

I have to agree VS.  The R number is beginning to rise in England again, do these people never learn?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #667 on: May 16, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »
I whole heartedly disagree with enforcing an endless lock down & collapsing the economy in the process, just because a few people died of a slightly bad cold.

I continue to see support for  a never ending lock down on social media, with parents saying they wont send their children to school until there are no more cases or a vaccine. As I understand it, the child mortality rate for this little flu is almost nonexistent. I hope the government heavily fine parents who refuse to send their little shits back into education.

And I hope that no staff members of any school die having been infected by an asymptomatic child.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #668 on: May 16, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »
I have to agree VS.  The R number is beginning to rise in England again, do these people never learn?

If the R number is rising surely it’s prudent to listen to the British Medical Association, as well as the teachers union, and not open schools prematurely.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/bma-backs-teaching-unions-in-opposing-reopening-of-schools

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #669 on: May 16, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »
Comment in the Guardian.

‘ I'm a conservative.

And during a pandemic which will be on the scale of Spanish 'flu of 1918/19, I not only need the government to enforce a proper lock-down, I expect them to.

It is not a party-political issue to describe our governments response as lack-lustre, when their inaction has caused more deaths than the Blitz in 1940/41.

As things stand at the moment, going into lock-down just one week earlier than we did would mean we'd only have had a quarter of the deaths we've in fact had. As of today that is the difference between about 48,000 and 12,000, or 36,000. By some estimates the casualties during the Blitz were around 32,000.

I'd like to suggest a campaign slogan for the next election:

Boris Johnson: the man who killed more civilians in the UK than Hermann Goring.’

If you didn’t laugh you’d cry.

what makes you think this is a conservative voter ...the fact that they said so. Boris johnson hasnt killed anyone....more evil labour propaganda. Thers a good article in the Mail today re how well..or badly...the labour govt in wales are handling the crisis...you should read it

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #670 on: May 16, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »
what makes you think this is a conservative voter ...the fact that they said so. Boris johnson hasnt killed anyone....more evil labour propaganda. Thers a good article in the Mail today re how well..or badly...the labour govt in wales are handling the crisis...you should read it

I’m sorry but why do you think the Labour handling of the virus is Wales absolves the Westminster government of their horrendous handling of this crisis ? If Labour has handled it badly in Wales then they of course deserve to be criticised too. Why do you think the Mail ( read Conservative outriders ) published this article ? We have the highest death rate in Europe, second in the world...in fact the situation is so bad that the government has withdrawn the countries comparison chart simply to cover its embarrassment.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #671 on: May 16, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »
These Guardian Readers sure love to compare anyone and everyone with Nazis - just what is their obsession with them?  It's like an illness!  Everyone that doesn't sing from their very own songbook is a Nazi according to them.  Pathetic and childish and deeply offensive.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #673 on: May 16, 2020, 12:35:12 PM »
I’m sorry but why do you think the Labour handling of the virus is Wales absolves the Westminster government of their horrendous handling of this crisis ? If Labour has handled it badly in Wales then they of course deserve to be criticised too. Why do you think the Mail ( read Conservative outriders ) published this article ? We have the highest death rate in Europe, second in the world...in fact the situation is so bad that the government has withdrawn the countries comparison chart simply to cover its embarrassment.

Do Spain... France.. Italy include deaths in care homes in their figures... I don't think they do so comparison isn't as simple as you think.
I don't see that Boris has handled this difficult situation badly. It's an unknown and poorly understood situation.
In my Borough there are 320,000 people... Yesterday one death. How long can we keep lock down going with the damage its doing to jobs.. lives and children's education.