Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 111950 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #870 on: May 31, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »
So is this the reason Labour have not been too vociferous over Cummings.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1289335/UK-coronavirus-latest-updates-Rosie-Duffield-resigns-Labour-Party-whip

Humiliation for Labour as whip resigns from frontbench role after breaching lockdown
ROSIE DUFFIELD has resigned as a Labour whip and apologised after it was revealed she broke lockdown restrictions.

Why ? She was found out and resigned.....as anyone with a shred of integrity  would.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:57:24 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

« Reply #871 on: May 31, 2020, 10:39:50 AM »
How does PPE go out of date?  It’s not like you eat it.  Plus, presumably it was being stockpiled just in case there was a pandemic, not because one had happened.  The threat level surely would have been the same at the time they burnt it all so shouldn’t it have been replaced with in date PPE?

I'd also read that out-of-date PPE had gone off to be burned, but I'm not sure what PPE that referred to, nor to what extent it may be accurate.

Numerous countries appear to have got caught behind the ball by the lack of PPE and / or other basic supplies, e.g., syringes.

On FFP2 masks, which I assume are similar to the N95 ones, the elastic and nose-bridge bit can deteriorate over time.

During crisis situations where there is a shortage of N95 respirators, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended strategies for optimizing their use in healthcare settings.[4] N95 respirators can be used beyond their manufacturer-designated shelf life, although components such as the straps and nose bridge material may degrade, making it particularly important that the wearer perform the expected seal check.[4][23]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N95_mask

The 3M site also states required storage conditions, which some countries may not have adhered to (temperature, humidity, etc.)

On the French situation in particular, it seems that the government authority still had an emergency stock of "surgical" masks, but no FFP2 ones. (A previous government's reforms had left the responsibility of procurement of FFP2 up to public and private employers.)

https://www.lci.fr/sante/coronavirus-epidemie-covid-19-pourquoi-la-france-est-en-penurie-de-masques-ffp2-2148489.html

A common misconception in several first-world countries, from what I can gather, is that the local industry had the capacity to manufacture them - which most (all?) do. Fine. But where I find them to have been incredibly dim is that they were still reliant on imports of raw materials / components and of extra PPE/ supplies from, erm, China.

Offline Carana

« Reply #872 on: May 31, 2020, 11:19:37 AM »
No human is perfect, otherwise they wouldn't be human. However, IMO, for anyone in a position of power / authority, personal responsibility comes with the job.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is no doubt a bewildering observation for many kids across the world since time immemorial. In times of crisis, IMO, adults become kids again, seeking responsible and accountable guidance from those who are supposed to set an example.

Once that trust is gone... it's very hard to get back.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #873 on: May 31, 2020, 02:30:47 PM »
So is this the reason Labour have not been too vociferous over Cummings.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1289335/UK-coronavirus-latest-updates-Rosie-Duffield-resigns-Labour-Party-whip

Humiliation for Labour as whip resigns from frontbench role after breaching lockdown
ROSIE DUFFIELD has resigned as a Labour whip and apologised after it was revealed she broke lockdown restrictions.

Strange Stephen Kinnock didn’t feel moved to resign after he broke social distancing rules.
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1287524/Lisa-Nandy-news-GMB-Twitter-reaction-Good-Morning-Britain-Labour-Kinnock-lockdown-latest
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:32:54 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #874 on: May 31, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »
No human is perfect, otherwise they wouldn't be human. However, IMO, for anyone in a position of power / authority, personal responsibility comes with the job.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is no doubt a bewildering observation for many kids across the world since time immemorial. In times of crisis, IMO, adults become kids again, seeking responsible and accountable guidance from those who are supposed to set an example.

Once that trust is gone... it's very hard to get back.

Rule of thumb should be if you are an MP and are caught breaking the lockdown rules you should resign....no matter what party, and if you don’t possess the integrity to resign then you should be sacked.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #876 on: May 31, 2020, 04:19:50 PM »
Credit where it’s due: the government’s extraordinary and admirable commitment to rough sleepers, well done.  8@??)(
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/6-000-new-supported-homes-as-part-of-landmark-commitment-to-end-rough-sleeping
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #877 on: May 31, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »
Credit where it’s due: the government’s extraordinary and admirable commitment to rough sleepers, well done.  8@??)(
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/6-000-new-supported-homes-as-part-of-landmark-commitment-to-end-rough-sleeping

It's just a shame they were handing out free homes & benefits to illegal economic migrants, before they got round to looking after our own.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #878 on: May 31, 2020, 05:42:35 PM »
It makes you wonder why the initiative hasn’t happened before if the money has always been there.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #879 on: May 31, 2020, 06:08:58 PM »
Rule of thumb should be if you are an MP and are caught breaking the lockdown rules you should resign....no matter what party, and if you don’t possess the integrity to resign then you should be sacked.

Ive seeen photographs of corbyn ignoring social distancing...thats breaking lockdown rules...should he be sacked?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #880 on: May 31, 2020, 08:40:57 PM »
Ive seeen photographs of corbyn ignoring social distancing...thats breaking lockdown rules...should he be sacked?

Please post any photos of Corbyn standing within two metres of individuals from outside his household ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #881 on: June 01, 2020, 07:23:20 AM »
I have to say I’m astounted!

“The Tories have slightly widened the gap in their lead over Labour since the beginning of last week, however, suggesting the party has partially recovered from a fall in support during the row over Dominic Cummings’s trip to the northeast during the lockdown.

Support for the Tories is at 45 per cent, up one point from the beginning of last week, while Labour is at 35 per cent, down three points, according to a YouGov poll for The Times conducted last Friday and Saturday.

The Conservatives have a ten-point lead over Labour, up from a six-point lead early last week, but it is still some way off the 15-point gap Boris Johnson’s party had over the opposition before the controversy involving Mr Cummings erupted two weeks ago”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #882 on: June 01, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #883 on: June 01, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #884 on: June 01, 2020, 12:55:31 PM »
I think you’ll find that the photo is several years old. Is that really the best you can do ?

could yo u provide some evidence its several years old...wearing the same t shirt he wore on his birthday

A photo posted on 26 May from Mr Corbyn’s son’s company’s Twitter account also seems to show him wearing the same outfit.

We have asked Jeremy Corbyn’s office for comment.

One commenter has posted a screenshot from Google of the picture of Mr Corbyn accompanying a Daily Mail article from 2016. But on closer inspection, this article has nothing to do with Mr Corbyn, and is actually about a wildlife photographer called Iain Scott, and was published in November 2016.

Doing a reverse image search on the photograph of Mr Corbyn is likely to have surfaced this article from 2016 as the 2020 image of Mr Corbyn may have appeared in the sidebar of the 2016 article’s page (where the most recent articles are advertised).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 01:01:07 PM by Davel »