Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 109531 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2020, 12:41:27 PM »
Oh to be so innocent....I do envy you sometimes MTI.

I take it yo have no alternative argument? Just to be curious, do you have a different take on how governments are run.

It would be interesting to read it. 8**8:/:
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2020, 12:58:30 PM »
I take it yo have no alternative argument? Just to be curious, do you have a different take on how governments are run.

It would be interesting to read it. 8**8:/:

You’re not interested in my take, be honest.....and being honest I don’t think you deserve the time it would take me to write it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
You’re not interested in my take, be honest.....and being honest I don’t think you deserve the time it would take me to write it.

Being honest, I think you have no explanation to refute my take on how Governments are run. And your narrow view of blame everything on the right wing and Tories, and Boris Johnston, and anyone who does not agree with you are racists. Name calling in a debate is very much  an immature thing. I was taught to stick to the subject.

So being very honest- you have no debate to offer.Therefore, I accept your resignation regarding not wanting to discuss further.

Other people may be interested in these links:

"  Civil servants also have some traditional and statutory responsibilities which to some extent protect them from being used for the political advantage of the party in power. Senior civil servants may be called to account to Parliament."[/b]

AND

" In general use, the term civil servant in the United Kingdom does not include all public sector employees; although there is no fixed legal definition, the term is usually defined as a "servant of the Crown working in a civil capacity who is not the holder of a political (or judicial) office; the holder of certain other offices in respect of whose tenure of office special provision has been made"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Service_(United_Kingdom)

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #978 on: July 16, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »
Sir Patrick  Valence......”we should learn lessons as we go along”

So there you have it. Those who were trying to denigrate those of us who were criticising the government’s reactions in the first months of the pandemic have been vindicated.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-sage-urged-govt-to-lockdown-a-week-earlier-uks-chief-scientific-adviser-says-12029956
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #979 on: July 18, 2020, 05:38:30 PM »
How stupid is this, and what does it say about the accuracy of our death stats which must surely be over-reported?

“No one with Covid in England is allowed to ever recover from their illness,” Carl Heneghan, from Oxford University, and Yoon Loke, from East Anglia University, wrote. “A patient who has tested positive but been successfully treated and discharged from hospital will still be counted as a Covid death even if they had a heart attack, or are run over by a bus three months later.”
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #981 on: July 19, 2020, 09:53:51 PM »
How stupid is this, and what does it say about the accuracy of our death stats which must surely be over-reported?

“No one with Covid in England is allowed to ever recover from their illness,” Carl Heneghan, from Oxford University, and Yoon Loke, from East Anglia University, wrote. “A patient who has tested positive but been successfully treated and discharged from hospital will still be counted as a Covid death even if they had a heart attack, or are run over by a bus three months later.”

Statistics- say what you want the answer to be and load the questions- SIMPLES!  also, it helps if you only ask those who you know will give you the answers you want.

« Reply #982 on: July 20, 2020, 12:28:45 PM »

The civil service need a cull as far as I am concerned. It is filled with people who have been promoted beyond their capabilities. All about self promotion, huge egos...

What was that I was saying about huge egos?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1311392/Black-lives-matter-Winston-Churchill-Treasury-room-Westminster-Whitehall

poor wee darlings all upset over a name!  Time to clear out those who are clearly unable to cope with their work.

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #986 on: August 07, 2020, 06:54:48 PM »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ministers-waste-150m-buying-unusable-masks-from-banker-5v8390xtp

Interesting...

I could fill a whole terabite of data- of money wasted in the NHS from ministers/managers of both Labour and Conservative.

Putting our lives at risk? Covid -19 is a flu like virus. It kills some people,like all viruses.

Living in Scotland, BOJO is out shone by 'Queen of Scotland'- Ms Sturgeon.

I like to keep it real.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #987 on: August 07, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »
Interesting...

I could fill a whole terabite of data- of money wasted in the NHS from ministers/managers of both Labour and Conservative.

Putting our lives at risk? Covid -19 is a flu like virus. It kills some people,like all viruses.

Living in Scotland, BOJO is out shone by 'Queen of Scotland'- Ms Sturgeon.

I like to keep it real.

Masks protect...if the masks are faulty then yes, people who are vulnerable to the virus are put at risk.Not to mention the bill footed by the taxpayer.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #988 on: September 16, 2020, 12:15:20 AM »
I don’t want to say I told you so but has anyone ever seen such a incompetent government sh*t show ?

Offline misty

« Reply #989 on: September 16, 2020, 01:10:21 AM »
I don’t want to say I told you so but has anyone ever seen such a incompetent government sh*t show ?

....As in Boris trying to protect UK interests during Brexit negotiations while Labour & SNP want to bow down & submit to the EU?