Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52955 times)

Offline The Singularity

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:11 PM »
I see quite a few people suggesting that Mrs McCann's reluctance to answer questions, which was her right to do so, was in someway hampering the investigation into finding Madeleine. Would I dare even to suggest that some are trading the path indicating that her reluctance was done out of guilt?

Given that in part or all is correct, what exactly would you expect Mr McCann to do in her position faced with a hostile interview situation?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:15:38 PM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »
I see quite a few people suggesting that Mrs McCann's reluctance to answer questions, which was her right to do so, was in someway hampering the investigation into finding Madeleine. Would I dare even to suggest that some are trading the path indicating that her reluctance was done out of guilt?

Given that in part or all is correct, what exactly would you expect Mr McCann to do in her position faced with a hostile interview situation?
Do I think Kate not answering hampered the search for Madeleine. Yes.

Do I think Kate's motive was guilt?  I cannot possibly decide in the absence of evidence.

What would I expect Gerry to do?  I have no evidence of his guilt or innocence.  I have no idea who his lawyer was.  I have no idea what advice he was given.  Accordingly, I will not trot out idle speculation.

Why is this post put through the lens of Kate and Gerry, and not through the lens of Madeleine?
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2017, 02:32:41 PM »
Is not police questioning under caution (or equivalent) invariably hostile ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »

I don't think this indicates guilt, and nor do I think those questions, some of which she had already answered as a witness, would have helped to find Madeleine.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »
Do I think Kate not answering hampered the search for Madeleine. Yes.

Do I think Kate's motive was guilt?  I cannot possibly decide in the absence of evidence.

What would I expect Gerry to do?  I have no evidence of his guilt or innocence.  I have no idea who his lawyer was.  I have no idea what advice he was given.  Accordingly, I will not trot out idle speculation.

Why is this post put through the lens of Kate and Gerry, and not through the lens of Madeleine?

You may have been puzzled that your neighbour accused you of something you were very well aware you had not done.

Had it been an offence for which the penalty was incarceration and resulted in you being constituted arguido and questioned as such ... would you be content with that and dispense with your rights or would you be slightly miffed and fight the accusation tooth and nail?

It is all about Madeleine.  Very surprising that you cannot see that.

Without her parents Madeleine had nothing and no-one in her corner.

She had been written off and declared dead by the police.  Their reasoning for that was exceedingly flawed.  Their evidence to support that was non existent.

The McCann's life and that of their family is defined by their love for Madeleine and their desire to find her.  The police may have written her off ... her parents never will until whatever happened to her is resolved.

When they were erroneously constituted arguidos Kate and Gerry not only had to fight for themselves and what remained of their family unit but they were all there was to fight for Madeleine ... and that is exactly what they did.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
You may have been puzzled that your neighbour accused you of something you were very well aware you had not done.

Had it been an offence for which the penalty was incarceration and resulted in you being constituted arguido and questioned as such ... would you be content with that and dispense with your rights or would you be slightly miffed and fight the accusation tooth and nail?

It is all about Madeleine.  Very surprising that you cannot see that.

Without her parents Madeleine had nothing and no-one in her corner.

She had been written off and declared dead by the police.  Their reasoning for that was exceedingly flawed.  Their evidence to support that was non existent.

The McCann's life and that of their family is defined by their love for Madeleine and their desire to find her.  The police may have written her off ... her parents never will until whatever happened to her is resolved.

When they were erroneously constituted arguidos Kate and Gerry not only had to fight for themselves and what remained of their family unit but they were all there was to fight for Madeleine ... and that is exactly what they did.
I can say without hesitation that if one of my children or grandchildren here disappeared, and I was given arguido status, I would be happy to dispense with a lawyer and I would answer every question put to me, given that updating the police accurately would optimise the chances of finding my child.

I cannot be incriminated if I am innocent, regardless of what the video purports.

Anything less than full disclosure was sub-optimal for Madeleine.  It might have ticked the box for Kate, but that is not good enough.  Madeleine got raw deal #2.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »
I can say without hesitation that if one of my children or grandchildren here disappeared, and I was given arguido status, I would be happy to dispense with a lawyer and I would answer every question put to me, given that updating the police accurately would optimise the chances of finding my child.

I cannot be incriminated if I am innocent, regardless of what the video purports.

Anything less than full disclosure was sub-optimal for Madeleine.  It might have ticked the box for Kate, but that is not good enough.  Madeleine got raw deal #2.

Totally naive and incorrect
To suggest an innocent person cannot incriminate themselves shows a total lack of understanding of reality

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
Totally naive and incorrect
To suggest an innocent person cannot incriminate themselves shows a total lack of understanding of reality
Do you have anything to add to the debate in this thread?  Or does your post really represent your best effort?
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »
Do you have anything to add to the debate in this thread?  Or does your post really represent your best effort?

I am commenting on your post which is obviously incorrect
John himself was locked up and he was innocent
Your post shows a distinct failure to understand reality and puts your posts and opinion into perspective

Offline John

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

I must say that is my own thinking.  Had my kid disappeared I would be too busy looking for him or her to worry about bloody lawyers.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
I must say that is my own thinking.  Had my kid disappeared I would be too busy looking for him or her to worry about bloody lawyers.
The point is can an innocent person incriminate themselves
The answer is yes
And if you did incriminate  yourself and were locked up you would not be able to look for your child

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2017, 04:31:49 PM »
The point is can an innocent person incriminate themselves
The answer is yes
And if you did incriminate  yourself and were locked up you would not be able to look for your child

Can you provide cites for any of that?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »
Can you provide cites for any of that?
which would you like cites for
Presumably you agree that if you were locked up you would not be able to look for your child

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
which would you like cites for
Presumably you agree that if you were locked up you would not be able to look for your child

Innocent people incriminating themselves, let us exclude those with mental issues.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »
Innocent people incriminating themselves, let us exclude those with mental issues.

So just the one cite required
Will post tomorrow when I'm on my laptop
The idea that innocent people cannot incriminate themselves is extremely naive