Author Topic: Timeline May 3rd  (Read 75813 times)

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Re: Timeline May 3rd
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »
As I understand  a reconstruction was suggested early on...it seems amaral refused. Im sure there are posters who can confirm with a cite

Evidence shows the opposite later on. The PJ wanted to arrange a reconstruction. The parents were reportedly accommodating and suggested suitable dates, but the T7 friends refused.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RE_ENACTMENT.htm

(Edited, with apologies, to remove incorrect accusation against the parents)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:30:01 PM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2020, 11:02:09 AM »
Evidence shows the opposite later on. The PJ wanted to arrange a reconstruction. The parents and their friends refused.

The Parents did not refuse.

« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2020, 11:12:03 AM »

Did they fail to respond or do you believe they were not invited (I'll correct my earlier post).... It's hard to know exactly reading the emails. Such as:

Letter from PJ (Paulo Rebelo) regarding details of proposed reconstruction (English)

Dear Stuart,

As agreed during our visit to Leicester last week, and in order to provide an answer to the questions raised by various witnesses in the investigation into the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann, regarding the possibility of carrying out a re-enactment on the site of the events, I shall inform you of the following:

1 - Regarding the arguido or formal suspect status of Gerald McCann and Kate McCann, it is not the PJ's competence to take the decision on the respective clearance. Thus, it is not possible to ensure the arguido status will be changed;

2 - There is no need for the witnesses to be accompanied by their children. For efficiency and celerity purposes, we indeed request that the children don't accompany their parents;

3 - The re-enactment, within the LOR, shall take place probably on May 15, 2008, between 5.30 p.m. and 11 p.m., thus covering the time period before dinner, dinner time and about an hour after having checked that the child had gone missing;

4 - A postponing of the re-enactment will only happen if the weather conditions are extremely bad, once the sites where most part of the events took place weren't exposed to such conditions. We also add the draft agenda to the proceedings, which we plan to be as follows:

- May 15 - In the morning - Arrival to Portugal of the participants in the proceedings;
- In the afternoon - The re-enactment
- May 16 - During the day - Preparation, by the PJ, of the records and documents of the proceedings which will be displayed, reviewed and signed by the participants;
- May 17 - In the morning or in the afternoon - Departure of the participants.

5 - The re-enactment will be carried out with the attendance of the nine holidaying friends, as well as, incidentally, any figurant considered to be necessary for a visualization of the events, i.e. a man carrying a child;

6 - The re-enactment site will be isolated, as much as possible, in order to preserve the security and the integrity of the proceedings. However, we can neither assure the evacuation of the population, nor guarantee the press won't interfere out of the security perimeter which will be established. Thus, we will do our best efforts to try and avoid picture taking by the press. However, we can not completely ensure that won't happen;

7 - The re-enactment will only turn out to be efficient if performed by the participants in the events, once the information provided by the same participants needs to be tested and efficiently compared on-site, and that can only be achieved by means of their own performances. Thus, the possibility of using actors has to be put aside;

8 - The request for the presence of witnesses was submitted through the LOR; the notification for the attendance of the arguidos falls under the competence of the Public Prosecutor's Office;

9 - If it is their wish, the witnesses can be assisted by the Foreign Office and, in the proceedings, also by a legal representative, subject to the consent of the Public Prosecutor's Office. Within the scope of the cooperation that has been taking place, the Leicestershire Police has already been invited to be present in the proceedings;

10 - If the conditions to make the re-enactments are achieved, the payments of participants' airfares and the stay costs will be subject of later evaluation;

11 - The PJ will be responsible for ensuring personal security for all the participants in the proceedings and will facilitate transfers from and to the airport, and from and to the proceedings. The PJ does not foresee any hostile environment or the occurrence of events able to put the participants' physical and psychological integrity at risk;

12 - The witnesses will be invited to participate in the re-enactment, but there are no suspicions over them regarding the commission of any criminal acts;

13 - The translation services of these inquiry proceedings will be provided by private officers of the PJ;

14 - The PJ considers this re-enactment to be highly important, and hopes the witnesses show their total cooperation, as they have been doing so far, towards finding out the truth.

We hope we have provided the answers to all the questions raised by the participants and, for logistics and case preparation purposes, we kindly request to be informed about the participants' respective answers until April 25, 2008.

Best regards,

Paulo Rebelo

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2020, 11:15:14 AM »

The McCanns offered two dates when they would be available.

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »
The McCanns offered two dates when they would be available.

Thanks. Shame the T7 were less accommodating then!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2020, 11:44:17 AM »

Who can blame them ...they may well have seen the PJ as a bunch of corrupt incompetence who had no desire to look for the truth...just to try and pin the blame on the poarents and arrest them as accomplices

Offline Brietta

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2020, 11:56:26 AM »
Evidence shows the opposite later on. The PJ wanted to arrange a reconstruction. I'm unsure of the parents response and their friends refused.

Be in no doubt that Kate and Gerry McCann had made arrangements to return.

Jes Wilkins was the first witness to be unhappy with the arrangement to return and refused to do so.

Legal advice to the others also advised against.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
Be in no doubt that Kate and Gerry McCann had made arrangements to return.

Jes Wilkins was the first witness to be unhappy with the arrangement to return and refused to do so.

Legal advice to the others also advised against.

Why do you think the parents accepted an invitation and suggested two dates and the T7 were advised not to attend? Seems odd they were given conflicting advice or followed advice differently?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2020, 12:00:23 PM »
Who can blame them ...they may well have seen the PJ as a bunch of corrupt incompetence who had no desire to look for the truth...just to try and pin the blame on the poarents and arrest them as accomplices

In the prevailing circumstances I think the witnesses made the right decision.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »
Jez Wilkins was not keen either as I recall.  I wonder why not?  What do you think we can possibly infer from this?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2020, 12:04:17 PM »
Why do you think the parents accepted an invitation and suggested two dates and the T7 were advised not to attend? Seems odd they were given conflicting advice or followed advice differently?

Part of the correspondence is recorded in the files where you can read it.  The rest involves working it out using common sense.  If there isn't already exhaustive discussion on the forum I will be amazed so a little research from you might fill in the gaps.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
Exactly what time was the Smith sighting, to the minute please, with proof, ta.

The smiths provided a receipt from the bar they were in, and just left...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2020, 12:28:19 PM »
Nobody was sitting there with a stop watch timing every second of the evening.  Nobody could foresee what was going to happen, such a possibility was the farthest thing from their minds.
When and after Kate raised the alarm they were running around like headless chickens checking on their own children and searching for Madeleine.  Imagine the panic and the chaos there was ... nobody was looking at watches!

If they were not clock watching how did they get their 'time line'?

« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »

Oh the parents of an 'abducted' child by paedophiles had to check their diaries- Love it -too right, they were busy doncha know!

I mean, if their daughter was abducted by the German suspect, tortured and slaughtered, pity they couldn't have  found time in there busy schedules to go and assist the police- who would try and find out what time this could have taken place...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2020, 12:41:15 PM »

As I understood it the parents, as arguidos, couldn't refuse. Luckily the other witnesses did so they didn't have to go.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0