Author Topic: Timeline May 3rd  (Read 75811 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Timeline May 3rd
« Reply #390 on: July 02, 2020, 11:15:27 AM »
Apparently Madeleine understood 'last night', unless her parents were mistaken.

Gerry McCann;

4th May w/s "MADELEINE asked her father, GERALD, why he had not come into the room when the twins were crying."
10th May w/s "Madeleine looked at her mother and asked her "why did you not come last night when Sean and I were crying?".

Kate McCann;

Madeleine one year on (documentary) "it was, sort of, fairly early in the morning and she just very casually, really, said: (mimics Madeleine's voice) 'Where were you last night, when me and Sean cried?"

https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id242.htm

Kate McCann statement 4th May  -

Between the day of the arrival, April 28th, and the time that Madeleine's disappearance was discovered, the interviewee says that she noticed nothing unusual. She reports only one episode where, on the morning of Thursday May 3rd, Madeleine asked the interviewee why she had not come to look in the bedroom when the twins were crying. The interviewee states that she had heard nothing and had therefore not gone into the bedroom. She thought her daughter's comment strange because it was the first time she had talked about it.

Nothing about 'last night'

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #391 on: July 02, 2020, 12:55:20 PM »

Gerry McCann;

4th May w/s "MADELEINE asked her father, GERALD, why he had not come into the room when the twins were crying."
10th May w/s "Madeleine looked at her mother and asked her "why did you not come last night when Sean and I were crying?".

Kate McCann;

Madeleine one year on (documentary) "it was, sort of, fairly early in the morning and she just very casually, really, said: (mimics Madeleine's voice) 'Where were you last night, when me and Sean cried?"

Interesting difference between GMs statement on the 4th and 10th. Obviously the subtle change of who was crying is of no importance. The statement has probably been badly translated and the PJ are inept but.... it’s quite an interesting change of story.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #392 on: July 02, 2020, 05:32:48 PM »

Gerry McCann;

Kate McCann;

Oh, for goodness sake, Gunit

When Kate and Gerry and their friends gave their statements, they had to give their evidence sentence by sentence. It was written down, TRANSLATED and typed up line by line, RETRANSLATED and worse still, no interview was RECORED

I guarantee they could have been mistranslated in a variety of ways and just ONE word in English can have a subtly different meaning to Portuguese.

They probably didn’t say all that “word for word”, exactly, it’s how it’s sheen translated, then RETRANSLATED.

You’re making something out if nothing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:37:54 PM by mrswah »
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2020, 05:59:21 PM »

When Kate and Gerry and their friends gave their statements, they had to give their evidence sentence by sentence. It was written down, TRANSLATED and typed up line by line, RETRANSLATED and worse still, no interview was RECORED

I guarantee they could have been mistranslated in a variety of ways and just ONE word in English can have a subtly different meaning to Portuguese.

They probably didn’t say all that “word for word”, exactly, it’s how it’s sheen translated, then RETRANSLATED.

Who didn’t see that coming?!! See post above. You’re basically saying that all the statements in the PJ Files can be discounted as a reliable source of information! Remember that works both ways!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2020, 07:33:10 PM »
Who didn’t see that coming?!! See post above. You’re basically saying that all the statements in the PJ Files can be discounted as a reliable source of information! Remember that works both ways!

The rogatory statements are to be trusted for the simple reason they were recorded.  None of the statements taken in Portugal were recorded.  If memory serves me well on at least one occasion Kate's translator had words of disagreement with her ???
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #395 on: July 02, 2020, 08:02:14 PM »

Oh for goodness sake Ispy. The McCanns were educated professionals, not idiots. Do you really think that Gerry wouldn't have corrected the interpreter if he said "Sean and I" on 4th and the interpreter re-translated it as "twins"?

Gerry isn't stupid, he wouldn't sign an incorrect statement.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2020, 08:09:49 PM »
Oh for goodness sake Ispy. The McCanns were educated professionals, not idiots. Do you really think that Gerry wouldn't have corrected the interpreter if he said "Sean and I" on 4th and the interpreter re-translated it as "twins"?

Gerry isn't stupid, he wouldn't sign an incorrect statement.

You are totally wrong to claim gerry wouldnt sign an incorrect statement...there is no guarantee that Gerry knew exactly what was in that statement. For that reason gerry may well have signed an incorrect statement

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #397 on: July 02, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »
You are totally wrong to claim gerry wouldnt sign an incorrect statement...there is no guarantee that Gerry knew exactly what was in that statement. For that reason gerry may well have signed an incorrect statement

Of course he knew, it was read back to him.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #398 on: July 02, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »
I agree. We all sign on the dotted line. I think. Even more so when you are searching for your missing child and have to deal with red tape.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #399 on: July 02, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »
Of course he knew, it was read back to him.

Were you there...do you know what was read back to him. No you dont...nobody knows how accurately it was read back to him. You are speculating

« Reply #400 on: July 02, 2020, 10:37:21 PM »
The rogatory statements are to be trusted for the simple reason they were recorded.  None of the statements taken in Portugal were recorded.  If memory serves me well on at least one occasion Kate's translator had words of disagreement with her ???

Didn't they sign them?

As for the rogatory statements why is memory months old to be trusted more than recent memory? Well rehearsed imo but I very much doubt the recall of small detail was enhanced months down the line.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2020, 10:50:49 PM »
Were you there...do you know what was read back to him. No you dont...nobody knows how accurately it was read back to him. You are speculating

I'm not speculating, I'm assuming the interpreters did the job they were paid to do. You're suggesting they didn't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »
I'm not speculating, I'm assuming the interpreters did the job they were paid to do. You're suggesting they didn't.

Assuming is similar to speculating...I'm agreeing with others... including Colin Sutton...and Rebelo if I recall correctly that there was huge possibility for error

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2020, 11:03:19 PM »
Didn't they sign them?

As for the rogatory statements why is memory months old to be trusted more than recent memory? Well rehearsed imo but I very much doubt the recall of small detail was enhanced months down the line.
And yet you seem very impressed by Mr Smith’s sudden recall 4 months after the event.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2020, 11:11:07 PM »
And yet you seem very impressed by Mr Smith’s sudden recall 4 months after the event.

I bedlieve his statement to be an honest account of what he experienced. As did the Irish Police as far as I recall (no pun intended).