Author Topic: Timeline May 3rd  (Read 75813 times)

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Re: Timeline May 3rd
« Reply #615 on: July 06, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »
It’s taken me 13 years before encountering anyone seriously suggesting that the alarm was raised moments after Gerry’s chat with Jes Wilkins, yes.

And don’t forget if you follow testimony GM was also in Reception checking if the Police had been called before the alarm was raised!!! It would be ridiculous to take as gospel the T9 timeline(s) yet discount other independent witnesses. In any event the T9 timeline changed. On the SIL site abductor theorists still debate if MO’s check actually happened and if GM was mistaken or lying with regards to the changing story about which door he used for his check. It all shows how flawed  OG is (was) for adopting the approach that they only need to look at an abduction that fits in with T9 rogatory testimony.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #616 on: July 06, 2020, 07:22:35 PM »
And don’t forget if you follow testimony GM was also in Reception checking if the Police had been called before the alarm was raised!!! It would be ridiculous to take as gospel the T9 timeline(s) yet discount other independent witnesses. In any event the T9 timeline changed. On the SIL site abductor theorists still debate if MO’s check actually happened and if GM was mistaken or lying with regards to the changing story about which door he used for his check. It all shows how flawed  OG is (was) for adopting the approach that they only need to look at an abduction that fits in with T9 rogatory testimony.
Would it be sensible then to completely ignore the T9 testimony and just stick with eveyone else’s?  Perhaps you’d like to have a go at putting together a timeline based on those, ensuring you keep to the 9.20pm time for the alarm being raised of course.  Good luck!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #617 on: July 06, 2020, 08:54:43 PM »
No. The waiter said within minutes of Russell receiving his meal he then noticed they had left the table.

That’s what I thought. Strange that with all the shouting and commotion that would come with Kate running back to the tapas not one of the staff mention it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

« Reply #618 on: July 06, 2020, 09:04:05 PM »
Would it be sensible then to completely ignore the T9 testimony and just stick with eveyone else’s?  Perhaps you’d like to have a go at putting together a timeline based on those, ensuring you keep to the 9.20pm time for the alarm being raised of course.  Good luck!

I believe it would be correct to leave no stone unturned! There are certain times we can prove such as when the Police were called. I think further investigation is needed and a reconstruction to test the timeline. I don’t for a minute think that’s possible with the T9 now but I’m sure various timelines could all be plotted on a computer simulation... In fact didn’t someone already do that. I’m confident a clearer picture can be established even now.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #619 on: July 06, 2020, 11:29:29 PM »
I believe it would be correct to leave no stone unturned! There are certain times we can prove such as when the Police were called. I think further investigation is needed and a reconstruction to test the timeline. I don’t for a minute think that’s possible with the T9 now but I’m sure various timelines could all be plotted on a computer simulation... In fact didn’t someone already do that. I’m confident a clearer picture can be established even now.
It’s an exercise the police have had 13 years to undertake and don’t appear to have done so, which suggests they don’t feel the answer lies in the activities of the Tapas Group.  As you believe it does, it is not goading IMO to suggest that you and other sceptics undertake this work yourselves, pivoting the entire night’s comings and goings around the now firmly established (by you and G-Unit) alarm being raised just before 9.20pm.  If I get more points for writing this, I will want a detailed explanation as to why this suggestion is not permitted.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #620 on: July 06, 2020, 11:39:23 PM »
It’s an exercise the police have had 13 years to undertake and don’t appear to have done so, which suggests they don’t feel the answer lies in the activities of the Tapas Group.  As you believe it does, it is not goading IMO to suggest that you and other sceptics undertake this work yourselves, pivoting the entire night’s comings and goings around the now firmly established (by you and G-Unit) alarm being raised just before 9.20pm.  If I get more points for writing this, I will want a detailed explanation as to why this suggestion is not permitted.
The alarm may have been raised by the staff at 9:20 PM etc but did the staff alert any of the parents immediately, or if they did which group of parents got alerted?  It certainly doesn't seem to be the Tapas 9 that get alerted by anyone other than by Kate around 10:00 PM.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #621 on: July 06, 2020, 11:57:11 PM »
The alarm may have been raised by the staff at 9:20 PM etc but did the staff alert any of the parents immediately, or if they did which group of parents got alerted?  It certainly doesn't seem to be the Tapas 9 that get alerted by anyone other than by Kate around 10:00 PM.
No you’re quite wrong.  The chef Pelaga’s statement has a clamour happening around 9.20pm which is when he discovers a child has gone missing.  As G-Unit pointed out earlier bring the chef he’d have to be bang on with his timings, therefore his statement is probably the only one we can rely on to be accurate.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #622 on: July 07, 2020, 12:39:03 AM »

I had one goal when investigating the T9's timeline; to show that not all the witnesses around the scene agreed with it. I see no point in replacing it but if I thought it was necessary I'm perfectly capable of deciding to do so without any helpful hints, thank you.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

« Reply #623 on: July 07, 2020, 01:17:43 AM »

It's reported on this forum that SY are on record stating that understanding the timeline is crucial.

I haven't firmly establishes that the alarm was raised just before 21:20. There is one independent witness who states:A few minutes later, when it was around 21H20, he heard some clamour, which made him leave toward the restaurant, a few meters away, and was then informed that a child had disappeared. Given the importance of this, believed that he should be in the surroundings. At that moment, he did not leave the area of the restaurant, and did not have the opportunity to check if the vehicle mentioned before was situated in the same location.

IMO opinion "around 21:20" could be some time later  (rather than "just before"). It's impossible to "firmly establish" it was "before 21:20"  as you keep insisting.

I don't understand the debate on the SIL site about whether MO carried out one of his checks. With regards to his two checks MO's statements seem consistent to me. A listening check around 21:00 and the check which involved entering 5A at around 21:25. I believe any "clamour" must be after this.

One part of MO's rogatory statement also needs further clarity, imo. It reads to me like ROB and MO went to do the second check AFTER the main course: "then Russell came back and they actually redid his food, erm, I mean, he was eating it when the next sort of checks went, which were about half an hour later'
4078: 'So you think it was about half an hour between your check''
Reply: 'It would have been around that sort of time and the reason I think thirty minutes is because I, I don't know whether this is memory now or whether it's since we've been talking about it, Gerry said or Kate said, it's about thirty minutes since the last check, we ought to go, so that's why I think it's thirty minutes, erm, because I think that main course would have taken a bit longer because, you know, Russell came back and we started chatting, you know, how's Evie and all that sort of thing, erm, so, I think he was still eating at the time, so we waited until he'd finished before we went'.

He also describes two visits to Reception to ask them to call the Police. The first on his own at "22:05 - 22:10" the second with GM "about thirty minutes or so later" to check the Police had been called.Of course the actual time the Police were called is verifiable. The Reception staff also offer a time frame for this event.

One other point to note is a glaring error in the Crimewatch reconstruction, imo. I'm as certain as I can be that they had GM leaving for his check before MO got back to the table from his first check. None of the testimony seems to support this scenario.

If you believe an abduction took place then the timeline is crucial as it will indicate the times that an abduction was possible. IMO there can only have been a tiny window of opportunity - unless the checks were further apart than stated.

Is anyone here aware of any independent testimony that verifies KM's check and the time  it took place?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #624 on: July 07, 2020, 02:48:55 AM »
No you’re quite wrong.  The chef Pelaga’s statement has a clamour happening around 9.20pm which is when he discovers a child has gone missing.  As G-Unit pointed out earlier being the chef he’d have to be bang on with his timings, therefore his statement is probably the only one we can rely on to be accurate.
But he doesn't say it was the McCann child.  Surely if it was the McCann child the Tapas 9's table wouldn't be still wondering about their meals.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #625 on: July 07, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »
I had one goal when investigating the T9's timeline; to show that not all the witnesses around the scene agreed with it. I see no point in replacing it but if I thought it was necessary I'm perfectly capable of deciding to do so without any helpful hints, thank you.
By your reckoning the most reliable witness statement is that of the chef Pelaga who puts the raising of the alarm at just before 9.20pm and yet in all my time I have never seen it seriously mooted as the actual time the alarm was raised.  Surely this is a massive oversight in a forum dedicated to debating what happened that night?  I’m amazed you haven’t made more of it tbh, considering how seriously you take his statement - it changes everything.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #626 on: July 07, 2020, 07:17:00 AM »
But he doesn't say it was the McCann child.  Surely if it was the McCann child the Tapas 9's table wouldn't be still wondering about their meals.
Ah yes you could be right, it was probably clamour about another missing child, though Pelaga does say in his statement that the child belonged to the group that had all completely left the restaurant by 9.40pm. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #627 on: July 07, 2020, 07:20:28 AM »
It's reported on this forum that SY are on record stating that understanding the timeline is crucial.

I haven't firmly establishes that the alarm was raised just before 21:20. There is one independent witness who states:A few minutes later, when it was around 21H20, he heard some clamour, which made him leave toward the restaurant, a few meters away, and was then informed that a child had disappeared. Given the importance of this, believed that he should be in the surroundings. At that moment, he did not leave the area of the restaurant, and did not have the opportunity to check if the vehicle mentioned before was situated in the same location.

IMO opinion "around 21:20" could be some time later  (rather than "just before"). It's impossible to "firmly establish" it was "before 21:20"  as you keep insisting.

I don't understand the debate on the SIL site about whether MO carried out one of his checks. With regards to his two checks MO's statements seem consistent to me. A listening check around 21:00 and the check which involved entering 5A at around 21:25. I believe any "clamour" must be after this.

One part of MO's rogatory statement also needs further clarity, imo. It reads to me like ROB and MO went to do the second check AFTER the main course: "then Russell came back and they actually redid his food, erm, I mean, he was eating it when the next sort of checks went, which were about half an hour later'
4078: 'So you think it was about half an hour between your check''
Reply: 'It would have been around that sort of time and the reason I think thirty minutes is because I, I don't know whether this is memory now or whether it's since we've been talking about it, Gerry said or Kate said, it's about thirty minutes since the last check, we ought to go, so that's why I think it's thirty minutes, erm, because I think that main course would have taken a bit longer because, you know, Russell came back and we started chatting, you know, how's Evie and all that sort of thing, erm, so, I think he was still eating at the time, so we waited until he'd finished before we went'.

He also describes two visits to Reception to ask them to call the Police. The first on his own at "22:05 - 22:10" the second with GM "about thirty minutes or so later" to check the Police had been called.Of course the actual time the Police were called is verifiable. The Reception staff also offer a time frame for this event.

One other point to note is a glaring error in the Crimewatch reconstruction, imo. I'm as certain as I can be that they had GM leaving for his check before MO got back to the table from his first check. None of the testimony seems to support this scenario.

If you believe an abduction took place then the timeline is crucial as it will indicate the times that an abduction was possible. IMO there can only have been a tiny window of opportunity - unless the checks were further apart than stated.

Is anyone here aware of any independent testimony that verifies KM's check and the time  it took place?
You “liked” the following comment made by G-Unit yesterday

“Pelega was the head chef, with responsibility for five kitchens around the site. They were, I think, the Millenium, the Tapas, two snack bars related to swimming pools and one other. As head chef he worked in the Millenium kitchen but organised and oversaw the others, which is why he visited the Tapas on 3rd. It's highly unlikely that he made a mistake with the times, imo, given his seniority and his responsibilities”.

“Highly unlikely he made a mistake with the times” does not square with your rather wooly “could have been some time later”.  In order to hear clamour around 9.20pm, the alarm would have to have been raised shortly before “around 9.20pm” so to allow for a few minutes innaccuracy on his part (remember he’s a senior professional) lets agree that the alarm could not have been raised after 9.25pm and proceed from there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:30:36 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline barrier

« Reply #628 on: July 07, 2020, 08:25:57 AM »

Snipped.

Any defence counsel worth their salt will want to know how is it their client was supposed to have got Madeleine out in the time line.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #629 on: July 07, 2020, 08:32:46 AM »
Snipped.

Any defence counsel worth their salt will want to know how is it their client was supposed to have got Madeleine out in the time line.
After a forensic study of the timeline the Met concluded that there was a window of opportunity for abduction.  Are they mistaken?  If so be my guest and demonstrate how.