Author Topic: Timeline May 3rd  (Read 75812 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Timeline May 3rd
« Reply #630 on: July 07, 2020, 09:11:10 AM »
By your reckoning the most reliable witness statement is that of the chef Pelaga who puts the raising of the alarm at just before 9.20pm and yet in all my time I have never seen it seriously mooted as the actual time the alarm was raised.  Surely this is a massive oversight in a forum dedicated to debating what happened that night?  I’m amazed you haven’t made more of it tbh, considering how seriously you take his statement - it changes everything.

I have never said Pelega's statement is "the most reliable witness statement". Once again, you are trying to put words into my mouth. My point has always been that the alarm could have been raised before 10pm, because various statements disagree with the T9 about the time.

Some of them disagree with their own timeline, in fact. If the alarm was raised at 22:14, as Gerry suggested, then Matthew didn't go to reception at 22:05 - 22:10 as he claimed, did he? The 'unknown woman' didn't tell the nannies about the disappearance at that time either.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #631 on: July 07, 2020, 09:26:48 AM »
I have never said Pelega's statement is "the most reliable witness statement". Once again, you are trying to put words into my mouth. My point has always been that the alarm could have been raised before 10pm, because various statements disagree with the T9 about the time.

Some of them disagree with their own timeline, in fact. If the alarm was raised at 22:14, as Gerry suggested, then Matthew didn't go to reception at 22:05 - 22:10 as he claimed, did he? The 'unknown woman' didn't tell the nannies about the disappearance at that time either.
It is not putting words into your mouth to say by your own judgement "It's highly unlikely that he made a mistake with the times, imo, given his seniority and his responsibilities”.  In fact that is a direct quote.  Highly unlikely that he is wrong.  Flipping that on its head means that by your judgement it's highly likely the alarm was raised around 9.20pm. Do you agree, or are you changing your mind?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #632 on: July 07, 2020, 09:28:02 AM »
After a forensic study of the timeline the Met concluded that there was a window of opportunity for abduction.  Are they mistaken?  If so be my guest and demonstrate how.

If and its a big if it ever gets to court the prosecution will have to demonstrate that in from of a Judge,not on here.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #633 on: July 07, 2020, 09:30:18 AM »
If and its a big if it ever gets to court the prosecution will have to demonstrate that in from of a Judge,not on here.
  If you could prove be means of the timeline that there was literally no way an abductor could strike (a position I believe is echoed by G-Unit, who has previously asserted that abduction is virtually impossible, or words to that effect) then you could shut us all up once and for all.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:39:59 AM by G-Unit »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #634 on: July 07, 2020, 10:00:34 AM »
Ah yes you could be right, it was probably clamour about another missing child, though Pelaga does say in his statement that the child belonged to the group that had all completely left the restaurant by 9.40pm.
That would be natural.  The people associated with the missing child would get up.  Yet the Tapas 9 all claim to be at the table or getting back to the table after that time.  I can only think that Pelaga was aware of a different event. That resolved itself rapidly, and then the McCann incident followed on from that. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #635 on: July 07, 2020, 10:20:09 AM »
That would be natural.  The people associated with the missing child would get up.  Yet the Tapas 9 all claim to be at the table or getting back to the table after that time.  I can only think that Pelaga was aware of a different event. That resolved itself rapidly, and then the McCann incident followed on from that.
You reckon there was a clamour twice that evening over two missing kids?  What are the chances, eh?  Still, that would explain it.  Pelagia was alerted about the other missing kid but that still doesn't explain why the Tapas group had all rushed off by 9.40pm.  Do you reckon when they realised it wasn't a kid from their group they all came back to resume dinner until having to rush off again when Kate raised the alarm later?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #636 on: July 07, 2020, 10:23:38 AM »

I think it is simpler than that.  Someone just made a mistake in the time.  Pelaga could have given the wrong time or more likely the person writing it down could have got it wrong.

I find it odd that the time given in that statement alone conflicts with all the others.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2020, 10:35:04 AM »
I think it is simpler than that.  Someone just made a mistake in the time.  Pelaga could have given the wrong time or more likely the person writing it down could have got it wrong.

I find it odd that the time given in that statement alone conflicts with all the others.
Pelaga couldn't have given the wrong time as he was a senior professional chef and it's highly unlikely he would get his timings wrong.  As for someone writing down the wrong time, really?  I mean REALLY?  I don't think so.  Mistakes like that are virtually unheard of in PT police statements. 

Offline Lace

« Reply #638 on: July 07, 2020, 10:47:42 AM »

Do you think that Gerry when he said the alarm was raised at 22.14  he meant they asked for the Police to be called alerting the Police that Madeleine was missing?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #639 on: July 07, 2020, 10:58:08 AM »

Except what Mrs Carpenter is alleged to have heard; someone calling 'Madeleine' way before 22:00. Then there's Weijdom who says he was told about the disappearance between 21:30 and 21:45
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/BAREND_WEIJDOM.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2020, 11:01:11 AM »
Except what Mrs Carpenter is alleged to have heard; someone calling 'Madeleine' way before 22:00. Then there's Weijdom who says he was told about the disappearance between 21:30 and 21:45

Or maybe she was wrong?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2020, 11:06:58 AM »
Do you think that Gerry when he said the alarm was raised at 22.14  he meant they asked for the Police to be called alerting the Police that Madeleine was missing?

No.

Half and hour later without anything to signal, it being 22h03, he turned to alert KATE that it was time for her to go to see the children. She immediately made her way to the apartment by the usual path, she having entered by the rear door. About 10 minutes later, he started to worry about her lateness
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2020, 11:09:07 AM »
G-Unit is building a case for the alarm to have been raised much earlier in the evening than previously believed.  Her argument is quite compelling IMO.  Given that the alarm was probably raised prior to 9.30pm according to her research, we then have to wrestle with the conundrum of why, having raised the alarm some 40 minutes earlier, anyone wishing to conceal a body would choose then to carry the corpse uncovered through town knowing there was a good chance of bumping into seachers or even the police, who may have been called by that point for all the body occulter knew. 

We would also have to come to terms with the fact that the entire Tapas group chose to lie about the time the alarm was raised.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2020, 11:10:09 AM »
Or maybe she was wrong?

Perhaps it was the wind whistling through the resort.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #644 on: July 07, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »

Unfortunately we have never seen a statement made by Mrs Carpenter.  Nor have we seen Stephen's original statement so we only have his rogatory statement for comparison in which he says ...
"My wife mentioned on the following day that she vaguely remembered someone calling “Madeleine, Madeleine”, this was after we had crossed the road from the MW reception and before entering our apartment. She does not remember where the sound came from or whether it was in an urgent tone, not paying any more attention to it and only remembered the following day when we heard about Madeleine’s disappearance”.

My wife vaguely remembers hearing “Madeleine, Madeleine” and that was all until the following morning when I saw the television.

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t8443-stephen-carpenter-rogatory-statement

He was there.  He heard nothing.  His wife said nothing until hearing the GMTV television breakfast news.

By your own preferred standards for provenance I do not think the hearsay attributed to Mrs carpenter fits the bill.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....