Author Topic: Has Martin Smith Changed his Opinion ?  (Read 240179 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Has Martin Smith Changed his Opinion ?
« Reply #795 on: March 11, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
That's not the point. Would they know it? He wanted to identify the clothes that were washed.
[/b]

So why didn't he give instructions that nothing was to be disturbed or removed - unless it was with prior permission?   No good blaming the parents for his own shortcomings. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #796 on: March 11, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »

I can see that I am going to be busy deleting shortly.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #797 on: March 11, 2016, 06:54:44 PM »
I have started a thread to examine the scientific reasons why the dog did not alert to Gerry's clothes (despite the fact that they would have been reeking with cadaver scent if the "sceptics" are right) but did alert to Kate and the kid's clothes instead. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:13:10 PM by Slartibartfast »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #798 on: March 11, 2016, 07:51:18 PM »
[/b]

So why didn't he give instructions that nothing was to be disturbed or removed - unless it was with prior permission?   No good blaming the parents for his own shortcomings.

The McCanns do what they want like showing an innocent man cleared by SY as the prime suspect on their website. Any normal person wouldn't be deleting phone call history before meeting the police  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #799 on: March 12, 2016, 12:10:05 AM »
The McCanns do what they want like showing an innocent man cleared by SY as the prime suspect on their website. Any normal person wouldn't be deleting phone call history before meeting the police  @)(++(*

I know nothing about mobile phones but I've had my (very basic) mobile for some years.    A while back  I had a message to say I couldn't receive any more messages because my message box was full.   This had never happened before.    As soon as I deleted one of my old messages - a new message which was waiting to be delivered - was delivered.       In 2007 that may have been the case with the mobiles in use by the McCanns and they were deleting old calls so that new calls could get through. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #800 on: March 12, 2016, 12:14:42 AM »
I know nothing about mobile phones but I've had my (very basic) mobile for some years.    A while back  I had a message to say I couldn't receive any more messages because my message box was full.   This had never happened before.    As soon as I deleted one of my old messages - a new message which was waiting to be delivered - was delivered.       In 2007 that may have been the case with the mobiles in use by the McCanns and they were deleting old calls so that new calls could get through.

Yeah right Benice. This is wiping your call history logs like perps wipe their internet browser history before meeting the police.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #801 on: March 12, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »

My mobile is an antique but more up to date than circa 2007 ... I need to keep deleting so that I can receive new messages.

I have never thought there is anything suspicious about it.

Also in particular circumstances when I expect more traffic than usual I make sure all unnecessary messages are deleted ... I would imagine that a couple whose child had just been kidnapped in a foreign land would be especially anxious to ensure all lines of communication were open.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #802 on: March 12, 2016, 12:26:31 AM »
My mobile is an antique but more up to date than circa 2007 ... I need to keep deleting so that I can receive new messages.

I have never thought there is anything suspicious about it.

Also in particular circumstances when I expect more traffic than usual I make sure all unnecessary messages are deleted ... I would imagine that a couple whose child had just been kidnapped in a foreign land would be especially anxious to ensure all lines of communication were open.

I totally agree Brietta.   The expectation by some that the McCanns should have been thinking like policemen and regarding their phone traffic as 'evidence'  - instead of thinking and behaving like the distraught terrified parents they were - is ludicrous IMO.   

Offline Brietta

« Reply #803 on: March 12, 2016, 12:27:57 AM »
Yeah right Benice. This is wiping your call history logs like perps wipe their internet browser history before meeting the police.

But it doesn't work like that does it?  The police only have to check with the provider to find out who has been calling who ... and nobody had a smart phone to browse the internet with in those days anyway, so why mention it?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #804 on: March 12, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »
But it doesn't work like that does it?  The police only have to check with the provider to find out who has been calling who ... and nobody had a smart phone to browse the internet with in those days anyway, so why mention it?

Why mention it? When they looked at their phones it showed neither had used their phone in Portugal until after 11pm on 3 May. Whoosh!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #805 on: March 12, 2016, 01:01:31 AM »
Yes deleting call history on phone is pointless because call history is also stored in provider data files.
BTW there was dial-up internet connection from OC landline system that night.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #806 on: March 12, 2016, 01:12:03 AM »
Why mention it? When they looked at their phones it showed neither had used their phone in Portugal until after 11pm on 3 May. Whoosh!

The phrase you used was ~  " ... like perps wipe their internet browser history before meeting the police."

As I said, there were no smart phones in 2007 ... so why mention something which could not be done ... a subliminal suggestion perhaps?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #807 on: March 12, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
It suggests trying to hide evidence from the police, tampering with the crime scene before they arrived, statements changing, timelines changing, confusion is good for some......I don't need to go over old ground.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #808 on: March 12, 2016, 01:41:22 AM »
It suggests trying to hide evidence from the police, tampering with the crime scene before they arrived, statements changing, timelines changing, confusion is good for some......I don't need to go over old ground.

But you have done just that ... and the confusions you mention appears to affect only those posting on fora populated by amateur detectives. 
Fortunately for justice the real detectives of the PJ and SY have investigated and moved way beyond ground hog day and are continuing their investigation into what may have happened to Madeleine.

Martin Smith is behind them in that 100% and Mary has no reservations about it either.

stephen25000

« Reply #809 on: March 12, 2016, 09:22:10 AM »
But you have done just that ... and the confusions you mention appears to affect only those posting on fora populated by amateur detectives. 
Fortunately for justice the real detectives of the PJ and SY have investigated and moved way beyond ground hog day and are continuing their investigation into what may have happened to Madeleine.

Martin Smith is behind them in that 100% and Mary has no reservations about it either.

Try citing evidence for that last line, direct and verified from the Smiths.