Author Topic: The disappearance of 6-year-old Mary Boyle, Ireland's Madeleine McCann.  (Read 16092 times)

Offline pathfinder73

The Disappearance of Mary Boyle

The long-awaited documentary made by journalist Gemma O Doherty which focuses on the disappearance of Mary Boyle in March, 1977.

At just six years old Mary vanished from her grandparent’s farm in Ballyshannon. She is Ireland’s youngest missing person. The case has remained unsolved and no closure has been given to Mary’s family despite the disappearance occurring almost 40 years ago.

Gemma O Doherty has been working closely with Mary’s twin sister, Ann Doherty to make this eye-opening documentary.

O Doherty claims that gardai were on the verge of identifying Mary’s killer, but a local politician began interfering with the investigation, leading to the suspect not being questioned thoroughly.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/apr/29/why-has-irelands-mainstream-media-turned-its-back-on-mary-boyle

Gemma O'Doherty ‏@gemmaod1  May 20
Mary Boyle's uncle Gerry Gallagher, last person known to be with her, has refused filming on farm where she vanished

Gemma O'Doherty ‏@gemmaod1  May 30
Gerry Gallagher's wife blew a sharp whistle down the phone when a #MaryBoyle cousin rang to ask questions almost perforating her eardrum

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:59:05 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

Thanks for that PF, Ive never heard of the case
Very interesting documentary which I watched earlier today.
Very sad on many levels and not that surprising given the place and time it all happened.

Conflicting statements from the uncle
Conflicting statements between uncle and mother
Political interference to stop questioning or arrest of suspect
Stonewalling of campaigners from most quarters, police and politicians
Many theories of what could have happened including some ridiculous ones
Arresting and release of patsy
Trying to link known sex offender to the murder when the chances of him being there were millions to one
The mother refusing to appear on documentary and criticising her other daughter for campaigning to find the truth

Alot of people are saying it was the uncle and it was more a family cover up of sexual abuse
Shocking case but which I believe the truth will be unveiled eventually, her twin sister has not campaigned for decades to get no result

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:17:14 PM by mercury »

Offline pathfinder73

Yes Mary would tell and was silenced. Makes sense. Hope they have been checking under the stone walls he was seen building. Safe place to hide a body.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:16:38 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Yes Mary would tell and was silenced. Makes sense. Hope they have been checking under the stone walls he was seen building. Safe place to hide a body.

indeed!!   here is the link to watch on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vGORoCbpXw

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

"Mary Boyle: The Untold Story" the whole documentary is very interesting and well done.

Offline mercury

Would he be so cold sick and bold?
There were extensive searches, but obviously only around where she was last seen.

Would he be so cold sick and bold?
There were extensive searches, but obviously only around where she was last seen.
There were extensive searches, but then it took over two hours for the 'family' to call the police...The mothers behaviour is very strange indeed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:17:00 AM by John »

Offline mercury

There were extensive searches, but then it took over two hours for the 'family' to call the police...The mothers behaviour is very strange indeed.

It is indeed but if she is protectng her brother its not strange at all

As for not calling the police, thats not to strange in this case as she could very well have got lost or had an accident, in a very remote part of the country no one suspects abductors

Someone within that small family/community killed that poor child defacto and I hope theyre caught
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:17:41 AM by John »

It is indeed but if she is protectng her brother its not strange at all

As for not calling the police, thats not to strange in this case as she could very well have got lost or had an accident, in a very remote part of the country no one suspects abductors

Someone within that small family/community killed that poor child defacto and I hope theyre caught

Calling the police would have enablled more people to search no? Maybe it's just me, but If my child dissapeared first thing I would do is phone the police and grab as many people to search whilst waiting on them arranging professional input and getting more bodies to help. In this case, at that time, their was a heavy police presence due to the border sectarian troubles at that time, as one police oficer closed to the case documented more than once.

We shall agree to disagree my friend. 8(0(*
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:18:04 AM by John »

Offline pegasus

The alleged intervention in the Ballyshannon case by a politician is remarkable.

Offline mercury

Calling the police would have enablled more people to search no? Maybe it's just me, but If my child dissapeared first thing I would do is phone the police and grab as many people to search whilst waiting on them arranging professional input and getting more bodies to help. In this case, at that time, their was a heavy police presence due to the border sectarian troubles at that time, as one police oficer closed to the case documented more than once.

We shall agree to disagree my friend. 8(0(*

Thats OK, I just meant youd first go around yourself and if frends and family were around shouting to which a child might respond to if they just wandered and got lost or hurt. Two hours does seem a long time but it was in the middle of nowhere where a live child could so easily get lost. Why would they think she was abducted or murdered as first reaction?

Offline mercury

The alleged intervention in the Ballyshannon case by a politician is remarkable.

it is also "remarkable " that noone wanted to touch the case and continues to this day at senior levels

May the fleas of a thusand camels infest  them

8)--))

it is also "remarkable " that noone wanted to touch the case and continues to this day at senior levels

May the fleas of a thusand camels infest  them

8)--))

*&*%£ *&*%£ *&*%£

Yes, I found that to be quite remarkable as well.  Mother wants the child found but doesn't want an enquiry? doesn't speak with Mary's twin who suggested that Mary would tell if something not nice was happening to her.  The change of stories, the political pressure  8)-)))to have the case shelved...oh  wait... something has just occured to me.

Offline mercury

The ONLY reason I can think the mother wouldnt want an nvestigation is either she or her brother were involved

Now whose protectng them two and why

Offline pathfinder73

Re: The disappearance of 6-year-old Mary Boyle, Ireland's Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
Controversial documentary ‘Mary Boyle The Untold Story’ picked up an ‘Award of Merit’ at a film festival ceremony in Los Angeles yesterday.
The 82-minute documentary, which was made by journalist Gemma O’Doherty, was published on Youtube. It clocked up thousands of views since its release and kick started a renewed campaign to see justice done for the six-year-old girl who disappeared in rural Donegal in 1977.
https://www.donegalnow.com/news/mary-boyle-documentary-wins-major-film-award/124627
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:36:08 AM by John »